01 P Pump Build

I would get with an engine builder if it was me. Ask Altered Diesel or Weston or someone like that who will know what they're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get with an engine builder if it was me. Ask Altered Diesel or Weston or someone like that who will know what they're talking about.

Okay thanks ghostman. How's you're truck? I havnt heard anything about it lately.

Okay thanks ghostman. How's you're truck? I havnt heard anything about it lately.

Finally getting a little time to work on it this weekend. I just updated my thread.

55e7bd11f89dcc308e29b2c1e310462a.jpg

I've had my 1/2 ton 12v over a year now and still don't know what it does in the quarter. And the stupid fedex lady backed into it so now I have to get the body work done and new paint job! One thing after another.

48b8aa8e74afbfeee311e3634b68173c.jpg
c61b27591f0e8e2fad4abfa823179383.jpg
3ff99e8c7bc17e52ecfd7c0786992a17.jpg
9299bf486070d092632b5c37b945de0f.jpg

Started to disassemble my head wish I could port and polish it myself... Not looking forward to that bill. I am killing the intake off myself though.

Looking good. I like the oil pan studs!

There is a good thread on porting around here somewhere. You can buy the materials and die grinder for under $100. It isn't difficult, but very time consuming.

There is a good thread on porting around here somewhere. You can buy the materials and die grinder for under $100. It isn't difficult, but very time consuming.

I'm not scared of time consuming but what about equal flow?? Isn't that impossible to achieve without a flow bench?

Think you could find that thread for me

You can get it pretty close. I don't notice any issues with mine. I can't find it now, but I'd swear he posted it on cf then over here and it had pics of both 24v and 12v heads.

I did a ton of research before I did mine. Basically try to get everything the same. I bent a piece of tig wire in an L shape and used that as my guide for each exhaust port (bent two, one for length and one for width). You'll need four because you are cutting the intake off and can really get in there. Sharp edges attract head so try to keep everything smooth. IIRC, Mark Nixon sent a junk head to Ghostman for porting research. If he still has it, maybe he can send you some pics if you don't find the thread. I bough all my stuff at competition products BTW.

Yeah I started a thread in engine tech with tons of pictures in it. I'll see if I can find it