03/04 updates?

If a person didnt care about the dash working etc how hard would it be to put a newer ecm on my truck?

Difficulty is based off of skill level. If you own tools and can read wiring diagrams/pinoutsthen its a not bad at all.

I have 07 ECM and harnesses. On a conversion truck, easier to swap pins on my current 05 harness or to pull it out and just use the 07 harnesses? I wish to retain the 05 valve cover so would need to purchase the 3 connectors for injector plugs to add to 07 harness.

For those who have re-pinned, would you re-pin second time around?

Looking at pin outs for the 05 and 06 looks like at least one pin will change from connector C2 to C1. How messy does the re-pin end up when complete?

Just weighing options...UPS man delivering V2 tomorrow!

someone needs to make and sell piggyback blocks, a go be tween from the ecm and the harness that has all the re routing, and any other needed things like resistors done inside. Is that what reif has?

someone needs to make and sell piggyback blocks, a go be tween from the ecm and the harness that has all the re routing, and any other needed things like resistors done inside. Is that what reif has?

Yup, plus.

LReiff,

I am also very interested in find out more about this piggyback Block and the "plus"

I will be pimping it here once I have production setup and become a forum sponsor. Meanwhile hold tight, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 2013 is going to be exciting, I promise!

Waiting patiently since i saw this posted on another Forum

Originally Posted by LReiff on another forum
I just made a breakthrough discovery that will possibly allow the 03-04 48re and apps to remain as they are and run fine off an 06 ecm. Testing will commence shortly

I know i don't want to replace the APPS since i need it to make the cruise control function or i would already have done the swap.

Ross has a bunch of half finished projects on his plate while he works on developing 03-05 support. Those projects are backing up and causing a far amount of support and customer issues, so he's decided to stop 03-05 development and clear his workload so he can work with a clear plate and fewer interruptions.

I'd guess he will be off the project for about 6 weeks. In that time 2013 gasser support will be delivered, and CSP will be finalised and released. He hopes to also make inroads on the new generation of GM ECM's.

Not the message you wanted to hear, but when you are constantly interrupted, nothing at all gets accomplished, at least this way there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and a couple of groups of customers get satisfied rather than no one getting any progress at all.

If development was moving along at a faster rate than it was, this wouldn't be the outcome, but at this point it's slow, and the project doesn't have a completion date.

Cheers
Cindy

Back