03/04 updates?

Sounds like i am going to have to convert to a 06 ECM. Who has the ability to flash a ECM to remove the security and load a manual trans base file since i am running a conversion. The 2 local dealers will not work with me at all.

Thats not what I wanted to here , But unlike Stainless Im tired of driveing the truck (smokey mess) . I went back to stock programing.
Come spring I will evaluate my options.
I still look at older trucks in awe when I here them start up. Makes me miss my 12 valve. So p pumping my truck is not out of the question. Come on Ross (put your thinking cap on) (think outside the box) Try some hallucinogenic drugs if you must.
Get ur done.
Sorry, off rant.
doug

Les at Silver Bullet Tuning has done a couple conversions for us

Looks like my 06 ECM and harness are going in. I was hoping to not have to do it but it looks like the SCI stuff is quite a long way off if ever.

Will the dash work if I swap it? Or is it like a body controller issue?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

No need to swap the harness, just re pin it

I repinned a harness and it was a real pain with the junk plastic pin removal tools. Is there a better tool to get the pins out other than the crappy plastic ones? Maybe les will chime in.

The plan is to re-pin the stock harness, just have the 06 as a back up. I got a set of pin tools to do the harness from a buddy. I think they are steel or SS.

NEVRNF 94tts and I all have Ford conversions with common rail 5.9s so making the dash work is not an issue like it would be in a Dodge. Les has done the tuning for us he does not do the conversions. Getting a good set of terminal tools will make your life easier.

sounds good Kai, let me know if ya want a hand working on it when ya get started.

The thing with development is you never know what is around the corner. Sometimes it's a roadblock that slows things down considerably, other times it's the type of roll you'd love to get when in Vegas in the high rollers room ;)

In the past sometimes it takes months to develop support, sometimes longer....but I look at one of the gasser ECM's we supported and from the start of development, through testing (our own vehicle), through to public release was less than 2 weeks...now that's a record I hope we can break sometime in the future.

Cheers
Cindy

It's ok, I'm patient. I'm with the others also, I believe I will pull tuning off until you have something ready. Thank you for at least telling us that you are not sure instead of saying we should have an early Christmas or something.

I need a high altitude tune. I was driving from around 10-12k feet yesterday and it was embarrassing. She NEVER quit smoking unless I was coasting.

I need a high altitude tune. I was driving from around 10-12k feet yesterday and it was embarrassing. She NEVER quit smoking unless I was coasting.

What tuning do you have now?? those elevations aren't terribly easy to deal with but..... PM me some details about your truck (make, mods, etc...)

Back