04 5.9 no start

mine was injectors pensicola fuel injection has a good deal on remans 225 each one year warrenty unlimited miles

I have a similar problem my truck just got six brand new injectors not remans a bag o parts II 100s and it won't start without ether. But if I hit it with ether it takes a minute but fires up. I have a AD 100 and maybe 10 miles on new injectors done it since new injectors installed. Also it will randomly throw the coil light on and a p1223 code. I'm speechless just so frustrating since I've only owned the truck for two months.
Sry for the rant guys just so hating this truck right now
I need any kind of help I'm new to posting and stuff so try to bare with me.
Thanks

Last edited:
I finaly, got back to working on this one last week and found that the high psi conector rentaining nuts were loose on #4,5,6, I removed the conectors, inspected and installed new o-rings and torqued the nuts to 41 ft lbs and the truck has been starting fine

still no start

well the above lasted about 4 days and it went back to the same crak no start first thing in the morning with rail psi only reaching 1450-1475,
Today I isolated the return line off the back of the head and got the truck running with a sniff of either, after a minute I had 46ml , I caped off the injector lines one at a time and measured for 1 minute on all 6 and the return rate stayed around the 45-46ml per minute????
I got a speck sheet from Cummins that said
Cranking no start max 90ml per minute
running standard idle180ml per minute
running Insite fuel leakage test active 200ml per minute
I have a snap on scaner and one of the funcional test is called a fuel test but when i turned it on engine running nothing changed???

So I thought that I am way below the 180ml running standard test, it must be the CP3??
So I call up Todd at T&C as sugested above to see about having my pump rebuilt,,,and he tells me its the injectors and the return flow test was a waste of my time???? I followed the Cummins test procedure, how can it be a waste???
I am looking for any help I can get, I dont mind spending 2G on new injectors if it dose the trick, but I would hate to spend 2G ang find out it was the $700 pump that I thought was the problem
Thanks in advance for the help jeremy

Todd knows his shi? ,but we all make right and wrong descisions.I hope it's the cheaper one for you..

Still could be a cracked injector body even tho the return rates appear to be in check. I would have an oil analysis done to check for fuel contamination. If there is contamination it still could be the cp3. Did you check the relief valve? Also the connector tubes could be bent or not seating well. On customers trucks I have always replaced injectors when their is a no start condition and the problem has always been solved. Since it fires off easily after initial startup it leads me to think its not cp3 and rather injectors or relief valve slightly bleeding over a period of time. It doesn't make any sense that it fires after being plugged in tho....

I can't count the 100s of times customers have done those flow rates and been in check..They are waste of time...its this simple..the stall on CR injectors are so tight how is it possible to get accurate volume..Condidtions effect the rates.Example; what happens to planes that have stall speed at 185MPH and it drops to 184MPH? Yep it falls like a rock. the only way to get it to stay in the Air is to point the nose down and get it back above 185MPH.

Now the problem must be the FCA, So owner replaces and the the truck starts again WHOOPEE, O heck 30 Days later the problem returns.What happen was you had a 90% good FCA and you replaced it with 100%, this brought you above the stall speed for a Time,Now it must be the Pressure sensor Replace that same problem,O Now replace the PRV same problem, See how frustrating this is,Now RE_TQ tubes.feed tubes rarely come lose, it possible but it must have some other symptom other then NO start when Hot/Cold.Their are 2 or 3 simple test to confirm the injectors are the problem in the host, add this to the symptom's and YOU will be able confirm the injectors are the problem, Why waste the time Money on injector testing this will JUST confirm what you already know.

It is extremely rare for a CP3 to create a NO start.. and it will take 10 minutes and 3 steps to confirm it is the cause of the NO start 100%.

Last edited:
The reason its start when plug in.The additional heat reaches the injectors and the engine will spin just enough (faster) to get above the stall..eventaully this will NOT work, then You will need to unplug the FCA or give it a shot of either. even the either trick will fail over time.....

It is extremely rare for a CP3 to create a NO start.. and it will take 10 minutes and 3 steps to confirm it is the cause of the NO start 100%.

What might those be for future reference?

The reason its start when plug in.The additional heat reaches the injectors and the engine will spin just enough (faster) to get above the stall..eventaully this will NOT work, then You will need to unplug the FCA or give it a shot of either. even the either trick will fail over time.....

That makes sense.