06 f250, 03cr motor, 06 g56 tranny, LOTS of pics

Looking for stock g56 transmission for 06 dodge 3500 5.9l diesel 4x4. Call me at 504-495-3896

I wonder who hooked you up on the engine? It's looking hood matt! I'm headed up ti Lawton around February. I'll be lookin for it

well newest update is i have all the pedals mounted i had to get a gas pedal out of a 5.4 f250, a clutch pedal from a standard and i got the brake pedal to but i guess the truck i got the brake pedal out of had a different booster cuz the holes would not line up so i used the one out of my truck and cut it down to size to where teh small pedal pad would fit it. i have got the throttle cable ran and the tps box mounted. i traced out and labled all the wires i need totap into on the dodge harnes and splice in the tps plugin. removed the ford fuel lines, and the piece on the dodge firewall where the master cylinder mounts for the clutch i got on of those off a wrecked dodge and mounted it to the firewall so the g56 hydrolics will mount up now.. o and believe it or not my drive shafts are still going to fit perfectly!

Left to do list
1 put motor and tranny back in truck.
2 finish running the obd port wires, and my hot wires
3 pwr steering lines
4 ac lines (not my priorety since it is almost winter)
5 mount and install airdog
6 install valair clutch
7 install drive shafts
8 fab intercooler and radiator hoses.
9 install front clip
10 hope and pray it works lol

im shooting for friday but thats alot to do between now and then cuz there is alot of nitpic stuff i didnt list

I wonder who hooked you up on the engine? It's looking hood matt! I'm headed up ti Lawton around February. I'll be lookin for it

lol i wonder! that was one long ass day tho! lol hit me up when you come this way youll have to see it! hows your tranny swap coming

did you change the under rug plastic air duct?..if you just cut through it it will smell in the truck..plus not flow out to the back... i've been looking for one from a standard trans crew cab truck ...you may want to make a runbolt able trans hump as the g56 is really wide and the oil fill is gonna be tight to your exhaust etc.. you going to use the dodge transercase and adapter / get rid of the slip yoke?..if you use the ford transfer case you can do it with a advance adapter to mate the 29 splines to 31 etc ..nice build.. my excursion G56 is delayed from lack of funds...
thanks,
Deo

did you change the under rug plastic air duct?..if you just cut through it it will smell in the truck..plus not flow out to the back... i've been looking for one from a standard trans crew cab truck ...you may want to make a runbolt able trans hump as the g56 is really wide and the oil fill is gonna be tight to your exhaust etc.. you going to use the dodge transercase and adapter / get rid of the slip yoke?..if you use the ford transfer case you can do it with a advance adapter to mate the 29 splines to 31 etc ..nice build.. my excursion G56 is delayed from lack of funds...
thanks,
Deo

i didnt but i didnt cut threw it either i donno maybe i dont have one lol,and i got the g56 and everything to fit alright. i ran the ford tcase and just got a 29 spline input shaft and had it installed in the ford t case cost like 200 bucks for part and instalation. and thanks for the complements

i dont think u have one cause u dont have vents in the back like an ex does
i didnt when i did mine

well my project just came to a screaching hault for a week or so! my buddy just called me and needed my motor so i sold the motor to him. but i am getting all the injectors, uper and lower valve covers, all sensors, off of the blown 03 motor he has and im picking up a 6.7 with 11,000 miles on it for the same price i sold teh 03 for and im going to build a hybrid 6.7 / 5.9 or whatever you wanna call it.

it is finally alive! here is a vid of it starting! but i have another problem somthing in the clutch area sounds bad! that is the knocking sound you hear in the video. i have another video ill post as soon as it uploads of closer up by the tranny so you can really hear it. if yall have any ideas please let me know cuz im tired of pullin this dang tranny out lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8yZj3qcF5k

sound's like to fork is hitting the cover, can you adjust the rod off a little on top.you have to much stroke. it shouldnt have to go that far to release,

well i figured out the noise! the casting runners on the inside of the bell housing was rubbing on my pressure plate. I want to thank dan and kevin at valair for helpin me troubleshoot it. these guys are awesome and i recommend them and there clutches to anyone! dan said he had heard a few cases of this happening and was very helpful! i just took a grinder and clearenced the runners a little and she purrs like a kitten now

here are some pics of the problem and the solution

Problem
PB300215.jpg

PB300214.jpg

PB300216.jpg

PB300221.jpg

PB300220.jpg

PB300219.jpg

Good to hear! Got it all buttoned up yet?

no not yet i got the powersteering all worked out tonight tho... its just slo goin on the titius stuff cuz i dont have a whole lot of time to work on it. just some in the evenings lol plus our shop is not insulated so it gets really really cold in there after teh sun goes down and you gotta really motivate yourself lol

here are the numbers and stuff off the tranny if anyone has heard of this happening before and would like to compare stuff to see if you can track it to a certian batch of g56s

PB300225.jpg

PB300227.jpg

PB300224.jpg

Hey man if you dont mind me asking, what did all ofthis cost you, for the motor, trans, and all the adapters and what not you had to buy to make it work?

Hey man if you dont mind me asking, what did all ofthis cost you, for the motor, trans, and all the adapters and what not you had to buy to make it work?

yea no prob man!

the motor i picked up for 2000, the tranny for 1400, motor mounts for 300, 100 for input shaft to make the ford t-case mount to the dodge tranny. 450 or so for air dog.

I made my crossmember, drive shafts fit, ford powersteering hoses fit. i have not got to the radiator hoses or inter cooler hoses yet or the ac. and i just did the wiring my self thanks to help from Scott at destroked and ryan at beans so as of now im 4250 in to it! o and a cluch from val air so that puts me at around 5500 ball park im sure its a couple hundered more just for lil things hear and there so say a total of 5700 to this point but keep in mind i sold my old motor and tranny for 5000. so im only 700 ish in the hole