08 Dodge cummings metal shavings in the oil????

flowhand28

Listens n Learns
Hey guys i just bought an 08 ram 2500 cummings turbo has 32,000 miles on it whn i done the oil change i found lots of metal flake and some rather large pieces say nickle size....have i bought a truck someone was beifing up or something someone has just flat tore up?????

the truck sounds perfect and seems to run strong! would this happen if someone never changed the oil in the first 32,000 miles????

Cut your oil filter apart at the top and see what's inside the filter media.

its all small flakes/shavings in the filter.....the oil is a very very dark blk almost a gray shade starting. and when i put fresh oil in it shows dark blk on the dip stick still no light brown at all.....

seems like it's blowing a little oil from the drivers side of the motor up around the bellhousein.....

So should i take it to the dealership and get it warrantied or take it to the place i bought it and give it back (only had the truck 48 hrs)?????

What would the chances of them never changing the oil be causing my metal, like a breakin oil that was ran 32kmiles?

Are the big flakes part of a head gasket? Run. Run very fast and very far.

if you needed to ask this question go ahead and keep it..you deserve a truck like that....duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You should keep it and swap that 6.0 diesel in there, its bigger and a v8 so you know it goes fast!