1/4 mile time...

ran this tonight. i was kinda dissapointed. does this sound right for my sig? i did a 25lb 4wd launch, thanks

60 ft -1.9782
330 ft -5.9480
1/8 et-9.3057
1/8 mph-72.96
1000 et-12.1577
1000mph-82.34
1/4 et- 14.7495
1/4 mph 89.48

Seems down on power. I'd check timing with a light.

so tv cable seems loose other than bending the bracket on the trans if there an actual adjustment deal on the cable?i cant figure out how to tighten the tv cable...

so i noticed loose it has a little play put at full throttle i guess thats how you are suppose to check it its maxed out but i have a stacked 2-3 shift and like a flare on the 2-3 shift when under light throttle i have the 5.1 lever and tcs servo in there any ideas to help with that also its got an adjustable elbow i cudnt break it loose or tighten it its froze up i stuck some visegrips on the line going from wastegate to compressor wheel and saw almost 50lbs once that thing spools there no smoke what so ever do u think i need more fuel to see the 50-55lbs? no one is very familar with the usb.. i also stretched the ofv spring out couldnt find a pen spring anywhere guess ill have to steal someones pen!

ps when at wot for a while turbo needle starts shaking real hard not sure if thats normal or a sign of vlave float? maybe its time to put them 60lb valve springs sittin on my back seat in...?

Last edited:
You'll have to play with the TV cable to get it just right, ideally you want the TV lever to not have any play at WOT, but with some VB's full TV can cause stacked shifts or having to let off of the pedal for it to upshift, and too loose can cause a flare. Here a link is to show you how to adjust it, but I would try to move it about 1/16" at a time because it can be so picky.

I wouldn't think that the USB would clean up 370's/024's, have you found a way to check fuel pressure yet? It's possible that air could still be getting by the vice grips allowing the wastegate to open, or if the rod on the wastegate actuator is too long, drive pressure can overcome the spring pressure and cause the wastegate to open. Two things you could do are shorten the rod and/or disconnect the line from the actuator and plug it to see if your boost pressure changes.

Pius used to sell regulators like this, we'd use 1/8" nylon tubing and run the regulator inside of the cab for easier adjustments.

havent been able to figure out fuel pressure yet im gunna put that spring in over flow valve tomorrow i stole the spring out of my teachers pen today ha and im gunna pick up a new fuel filter aswell if i cant figure out how to get it to shift later by saturday im gunna keep it in second then redline it manually because im running sat so well see im also going to take out my heavier afc spring and either put the stock one back in or take it out all together whats your reccomendation? with the spring thats in there now its taking for ever to get my turbo to spool on launch what have you had most luck with afc wise i have also ground the arm down backed the smoke screw out all the way and ground the edge off that cupped washer and thanks for all the help man

new track time im much more pleased with this one it was 104 at firebird int. raceway in az thanks so much for the tips i think the pen spring made a huge difference but i only hit 85?

60' 1.66
330' 4.530
1/8 8.038@69.58
1000' 11.120
1/4 13.767
85.35mph

new track time im much more pleased with this one it was 104 at firebird int. raceway in az thanks so much for the tips i think the pen spring made a huge difference but i only hit 85?

60' 1.66
330' 4.530
1/8 8.038@69.58
1000' 11.120
1/4 13.767
85.35mph

13.7 ET should have about a 97-100 MPH trap speed. My guess is that there was something wrong with the timing system at the track. 70 MPH in the 1/8 mile is SLOW! 85 MPH in the 1/4 mile is SLOW!

i did launch @ 30 lbs and had a good lock up off the line but lagged down on top end idk seemed weird to me what does everyone else think? thanks

Back