10.50 Index...

yeah he had no cage so i told him to run 12.0, i wouldnt be suprised to see him with a cage and nitto's or slicks next time and running deep 10's at 7500lbs lol not bad for fuel only and 66/80 twins

I wish we could have stayed. Sounds like the class was a success. Hope to see it at some other events

Anyone think the 10:50 class will live on? Sure would be nice!

Guess that was going to be my question. A lot of guys have been crying for a tweener class between the fast trucks and the 11.9/12.0 class. Only 8 showed up and no one ran close to the 10.5 except a truck that had to run 12.0 because of no cage? Hats off to Dennis for trying it, hard to say if it'll take off or not. Doubt if NHRDA will adopt it, not enough trucks faster then mid 11's in most fields the way it is.

We were gonna run the 10.5 class, just popped the charger Thursday night testing the truck.

I hope they offer it some more. You can't just try it once and be done with it. I think the times will come down closer to the index the more the class is out there. I for one will push for it. With Pro Street getting lower and lower on the times, you might start to see more guys jumping up into the 10.5 class for the competition. I for one will never be down in the 8's like Sullivan, I race a 7.3 PowerStroke. It has the potential to go high 9's, but not 8's.

Again, I think the class has a lot of potential, it just needs the support.

We were gonna run the 10.5 class, just popped the charger Thursday night testing the truck.

I hope they offer it some more. You can't just try it once and be done with it. I think the times will come down closer to the index the more the class is out there. I for one will push for it. With Pro Street getting lower and lower on the times, you might start to see more guys jumping up into the 10.5 class for the competition. I for one will never be down in the 8's like Sullivan, I race a 7.3 PowerStroke. It has the potential to go high 9's, but not 8's.

Again, I think the class has a lot of potential, it just needs the support.

This................. It needs time and it also needs NHRDA to give it a shot so racers can tune to that time with hopes it sticks around.

I think the 10.5 class worked out good and hope they will carry it on. I think it concentrated the super fast tucks in Pro Street and made for better racing. To me it was amazing to see how Pro Street had advanced from last year. Last year a mid 9 would have won it that is why I thought I might be able to compete with them now it looks like your going to have to run 8's to get it done the 10.5 index is looking better all the time.

and if you wanna go faster than 10.5 you hop into super street? Or are there too many that don't fit the "street" rules of Super Street (i.e. slicks or 4-linked, weight, etc.) but not fast enough for pro-street either?

and if you wanna go faster than 10.5 you hop into super street? Or are there too many that don't fit the "street" rules of Super Street (i.e. slicks or 4-linked, weight, etc.) but not fast enough for pro-street either?

Don't meet the requirements for Super Street. For us running a 2WD 7.3L, we've had to go above and beyond what the rules state for Super Street. The 10.5 class puts us right in line with what we were going for in our truck. A truck to go high 9's that we can pull back and run consistent in the low 10's. I think you would start to see a lot of really good racing in this class.

I really doubt it will be adoped by NHRDA unless another class is canceled, (i.e. Superstreet) and I don't see that happening. There are not enough trucks that show up in the quicker classes at over half the races the was it is. The way Seth is going maybe some of those slower 9 sec prostreet trucks need to add a little weight and fall back into the Superstreet class.;)

Guess that was going to be my question. A lot of guys have been crying for a tweener class between the fast trucks and the 11.9/12.0 class. Only 8 showed up and no one ran close to the 10.5 except a truck that had to run 12.0 because of no cage? Hats off to Dennis for trying it, hard to say if it'll take off or not. Doubt if NHRDA will adopt it, not enough trucks faster then mid 11's in most fields the way it is.
I'm not really concerned if NHRDA picks up 10.50 or not. It's their loss if they don't drop NHRDA super street for it. There's enough of a draw regionally here that it has taken off. It fits the budget of most unsponsored pro-street teams and it's fun to watch.

To a non-racer, like myself, I think the 10.50 Index class is quite appealing. Fast enough to interest the crowd AND the intensity of bracket/index racing seeing just how consistent a truck can be right at the edge of the index time. Fun IMO. HOWEVER, I'll admit, it's not necessarily exciting to see brake lights on a drag strip. ;) Just unhook em? LOL

The heads up classes are fine for the really fast trucks/vehicles (Dragsters & prostock) but for the moderately fast (>9.50 IMO), I see no reason it can't be broken up into a couple 2-3 good index classes with strong competitiveness regardless of how much $$$ someone has to spend. Something like 12.0, 10.5 and 9.0. That would cover the current field nicely, would it not? Then you can do whatever you want to the truck/car, just make safety standards for the ET and go at it???

Last edited:
I'm not really concerned if NHRDA picks up 10.50 or not. It's their loss if they don't drop NHRDA super street for it. There's enough of a draw regionally here that it has taken off. It fits the budget of most unsponsored pro-street teams and it's fun to watch.

No I think you are probably right, not the case out west were the Superstreet class is more popular. I loved racing the 11.90 index class, first year not many trucks could run it and not many could cut a decent light on the .4 tree. Now it's all over on the line because all the trucks can run the number and you better be able to cut a low .1 or .0x light or you are probably going to get beat. A number of trucks in Texas and further west as well as Canada were and are being built to go after Rob and Max'd Out. His wife Andrea is driving now and she picked up her first win in Prostreet in Redding beating The Bully Dog truck by inches and and Harvey Grant in the final. She'd won the Superstreet class easily but built way too much boost and did an 1/8 mile burnout. :D She never got out of it. Wild to watch.

Or maybe the final round of an index class can be heads up? Seems that was tried in the past though wasn't it? Was that good or no?

This would be a good way to show NHRDA that there is a need for the class. If a list of how many trucks showed and what their times were, that would be good data to show the need to continue outside of this one event. Nice thing is any NHRDA SS truck already built could run in the 10.5.

No I think you are probably right, not the case out west were the Superstreet class is more popular. His wife Andrea is driving now and she picked up her first win in Prostreet in Redding beating The Bully Dog truck by inches and and Harvey Grant in the final. She'd won the Superstreet class easily but built way too much boost and did an 1/8 mile burnout. :D She never got out of it. Wild to watch.

Super Street Class is happening every month around the country and is a great class. There are very good trucks now in the class and many can win an event at any time. The winning truck needs HP, traction, and a good driver. Pat in Redding had them all and put them together for the win.

This agument will go on until the data shows the need, either way. 10.5 index seems the perfect choice for TS and may work elsewhere.

yeah he had no cage so i told him to run 12.0, i wouldnt be suprised to see him with a cage and nitto's or slicks next time and running deep 10's at 7500lbs lol not bad for fuel only and 66/80 twins

Bieber clearly didn't understand what 12.0 in 12.0 Index means!:poke:

That truck is pretty sweet though. Can't wait to see it run again.

seems there are a few trucks that run super street that really should just run pro street. i know that some of them do run both but seems to me that if a truck is running 9s it should be in pro street. why couldnt nhrda just put a "cap" on the super street class at 10.50?

Rob i dont mean anything bad toward you or your truck it is simply amazing what you are running with it. i am only saying that a truck as fast as yours can cause some guys with trucks that could go faster then 11.90 not to do it because if your going to go 11.80 you might as well go to the 9's because that's what it is going to take to win and that is such a big step that alot of guys simply do not have the means to do so.

i really like the class and had a blast running our truck in it at TS. a tuning issue had us only running low 11's but the truck has 10s in it easy but does not have 9s in it at this time.

we will be going to indy in a few weeks and here is our problem. even if i throw the other charger on the truck and get it dialed in it has at best a 10.30 in it on fuel. so we can either cut the fuel back and run 11.90s or do all that work and run mid to low 10s in a class with trucks that are capable of 9s.

here is my personal take on the nhrda class setup right now...

you have Sportsman which has a 12.0 index and a bracket tree, nothing really wrong with that class.

then you have Super Diesel which has a 11.90 index heads up???? whats the point of a class that is only 0.10 faster? the trucks are still in the same safty standards just add a drive shaft loop...why would anybody want to run in that class?

then there is Super Street which dosnt have an index so right now that class ranges anywhere from a 11.89 truck with no cage no fire suit nothing like that just daily driver trucks with driveshaft loops all the way down to a mid 9 truck that has to have a ton of safty equipment a certified chassis and driver. just imagine that race average joe in his daily driver vs a full blown race truck? tell me that makes sense.

then we get to Pro Street which again makes perfect sense just like Sportsman does.

the only index class offered doesnt really make sense to me being at 11.90 being that the only thing you have to have is loops? if a org was to go off of nhra safty breaking points then the index would be at 11.00 wouldnt it since thats where you need a rollcage? then the next break would be at 10.00 since you need a chassis cert to go any faster...10.50 falls right in the middle and gives the guys in the middle a class they can compete in.

ok i will get off my :soap: now, thats just my $.02 take it for what its worth :Cheer:

seems there are a few trucks that run super street that really should just run pro street. i know that some of them do run both but seems to me that if a truck is running 9s it should be in pro street. why couldnt nhrda just put a "cap" on the super street class at 10.50?

Rob i dont mean anything bad toward you or your truck it is simply amazing what you are running with it. i am only saying that a truck as fast as yours can cause some guys with trucks that could go faster then 11.90 not to do it because if your going to go 11.80 you might as well go to the 9's because that's what it is going to take to win and that is such a big step that alot of guys simply do not have the means to do so.

i really like the class and had a blast running our truck in it at TS. a tuning issue had us only running low 11's but the truck has 10s in it easy but does not have 9s in it at this time.

we will be going to indy in a few weeks and here is our problem. even if i throw the other charger on the truck and get it dialed in it has at best a 10.30 in it on fuel. so we can either cut the fuel back and run 11.90s or do all that work and run mid to low 10s in a class with trucks that are capable of 9s.

here is my personal take on the nhrda class setup right now...

you have Sportsman which has a 12.0 index and a bracket tree, nothing really wrong with that class.

then you have Super Diesel which has a 11.90 index heads up???? whats the point of a class that is only 0.10 faster? the trucks are still in the same safty standards just add a drive shaft loop...why would anybody want to run in that class?

then there is Super Street which dosnt have an index so right now that class ranges anywhere from a 11.89 truck with no cage no fire suit nothing like that just daily driver trucks with driveshaft loops all the way down to a mid 9 truck that has to have a ton of safty equipment a certified chassis and driver. just imagine that race average joe in his daily driver vs a full blown race truck? tell me that makes sense.

then we get to Pro Street which again makes perfect sense just like Sportsman does.

the only index class offered doesnt really make sense to me being at 11.90 being that the only thing you have to have is loops? if a org was to go off of nhra safty breaking points then the index would be at 11.00 wouldnt it since thats where you need a rollcage? then the next break would be at 10.00 since you need a chassis cert to go any faster...10.50 falls right in the middle and gives the guys in the middle a class they can compete in.

ok i will get off my :soap: now, thats just my $.02 take it for what its worth :Cheer:

More trucks win superstreet running 10.0-10.30 then 9's. Yes multiple trucks are capable of running 9 second passes, so far the only truck that has done it multiple times to win has been Max'd Out. Always remember this too, a 10.00 truck can beat a 9.75 truck to the stripes just by beating him off the tree.