1100+ 2002 12v 5.9 Cummins

It really started as a little thing with Dave Mitchell and I, I was building this truck and he was trying to talk me into doing a common rail, joking around I said you build your common rail and ill go old school and see what happens at the dyno, you hit the nail on the head with your guess at the reasons I built it. I had everythintg sitting in the shop and thats what it became, the time and effort and $ that goes into something like this is worth more then 40000, I would say most people that post otherwise have off the shelf bolt on parts possible from China. I'm sure this post is just going to feed the posters that have nothing better to do then post pointless comments so I am going to bow out from posting and if an interested person comes along give me a call. Reason for selling, I'm bored with it

Last edited:
And you clowns wonder why this site has been going down hill. Senseless Chirping for 2 pages by Diesel PEEPS. Buy the truck or not, but the STFU!!!

The seller has bought and sold more trucks and engines and made more power than the peep posters on this thread COMBINED, in the last 10 years.

It really started as a little thing with Dave Mitchell and I, I was building this truck and he was trying to talk me into doing a common rail, joking around I said you build your common rail and ill go old school and see what happens at the dyno, you hit the nail on the head with your guess at the reasons I built it. I had everythintg sitting in the shop and thats what it became, the time and effort and $ that goes into something like this is worth more then 40000, I would say most people that post otherwise have off the shelf bolt on parts possible from China. I'm sure this post is just going to feed the posters that have nothing better to do then post pointless comments so I am going to bow out from posting and if an interested person comes along give me a call. Reason for selling, I'm bored with it

I like him^

How the Hell have you been, its been a long time... I was warned about this site I should of listened.

I hate how people low ball the phuck out guys that initially paid the hard earned full price that this hobby cost.

Gene, I don't remember those kinda weights available back when I was pulling, I might have to throw a front end under the ol 2 wheel peel and get back to it.

Chop that frame and 4link it!!

No one is dogging your truck or the money it takes to build a motor like that, we know you've got some serious change tied up in it. Most of the members that have viewed and seen this truck all have probably thought to themselves "wish it was backhalved" or "wish it was a 4x4". 5 years ago the truck would have probably been scooped right up, but now people are looking at vehicles with a little more purpose not just a longbed with no traction. No doubt the motor is worth the 40k you're just selling to the wrong market. Hope u don't take this post the wrong way.

Chop that frame and 4link it!!

No one is dogging your truck or the money it takes to build a motor like that, we know you've got some serious change tied up in it. Most of the members that have viewed and seen this truck all have probably thought to themselves "wish it was backhalved" or "wish it was a 4x4". 5 years ago the truck would have probably been scooped right up, but now people are looking at vehicles with a little more purpose not just a longbed with no traction. No doubt the motor is worth the 40k you're just selling to the wrong market. Hope u don't take this post the wrong way.

said better than I could have.

I'm fully aware of the market and the difficulty when selling something like this. My chances of selling it would be a lot worse if I didn't advertise it. Sure there is room for improvements but what truck out doesn't have that problem, my opinion I would rather buy a truck that hasn't been out there making a name for itself already. Not trying to take posts the wrong why, its on here to sell, not to sit on here and defend the truck.

if you need to go to the bank and get a loan to buy a truck like this you should maybe look for a new hobby

:clap:

How does the counterweighted crank affect street driving? I understand the purpose for a pulling truck but thought it was bad for a street driven truck?

So I guess there are only two reasons to build a 2wd truck with 1100 HP:
1. Because you can
2. Dyno Queen

3. Take it to the salt flats and smash the previous land speed record (may need a gear swap or overdrive).

That's what you do with 1100+ hp in a 2wd $.02

Then spray some *nx* and break your own record... :Cheer:

:clap:

How does the counterweighted crank affect street driving? I understand the purpose for a pulling truck but thought it was bad for a street driven truck?

3. Take it to the salt flats and smash the previous land speed record (may need a gear swap or overdrive).

That's what you do with 1100+ hp in a 2wd $.02

Then spray some *nx* and break your own record... :Cheer:

It's a pulling engine

I would like to keep the engine, I know ill end up just building another, so if there is interest in the chassis, body and tranny hit me up

startup.jpg

its not exactly streetable

I cannot afford it, but I do love this truck and it would be cool to see some videos of it running...