12mm head studs

Yes on the ARPs...625's though....Do it right if your gonna..

I did not bottom tap my block...Only mod I had to do it grind off a bit and the back of the injector line box ( not sure what else to call it....the piece between the head and valve cover) so it would clear that one stud...

Yeah definately don't forget to do this! I found out the hard way.:doh:

Yeah definately don't forget to do this! I found out the hard way.:doh:

LOL

No Doubt!!!!!!!

Scared the ever lovin Chit outta me!!

Took it for a drive and then found that HUGE oil leak..:doh:
I thought I'd Blown it up AGAIN!!!!!!!!:bang

I was SO releived to know all it required was just a little more wrenching / Grinding!!:snoop:

LOL

No Doubt!!!!!!!

Scared the ever lovin Chit outta me!!

Took it for a drive and then found that HUGE oil leak..:doh:
I thought I'd Blown it up AGAIN!!!!!!!!:bang

I was SO releived to know all it required was just a little more wrenching / Grinding!!:snoop:

HAHA... yeah im glad thats all it took to. grabbed a file and shaved her down a bit, bought a gallon of oil and she was ready to rip again.:lolly: ARP should really put this little piece of info in their directions.

ARP2000s are fine for just about any streetable truck. We have always ran the 2000s and have never had a hg or stud failure. And we have ran huge amounts of boost and nitrous with them. Our rule of thumb is anything under 1000hp get ARP2000's, anything close to or over 1000hp use the 625's(except for 6.7s, we always use 625's on them). I have also used H11 studs and have never had any problems with them. We always use Haisley rod bolts. The H1 stuff is good.

As far as 14mm studs, I think that was the only answer years ago on the big, big puller trucks. So thats why Scheid and Haisley started doing them. But now, the 625's are supposed to be the same strength as 14mm studs, but without having to drill/tap the block. But there are some big hp trucks still running stock head bolts(not sure why, studs are pretty cheap), so that proves that even the ARP2000s are plenty for most engines.