12v aluminum head finally in stock

When is the new war head suppose to debut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per-facebook 6-8 months, that was in september.

on edit: main page on hamiltons website says around august 2015

Last edited:
Wish someone would build a better 24V/CR head......or make the "war" head work on a CR.

Just for reference. Aluminum is 170 pounds per cubic ft. Cast is roughly 440 pound but it depends on density. So I could see the aluminum head weighs 50-60 pounds

Actually its weight is dependant on its density and the density is dependant on the grade of aluminum .

^Wade's right. Not even close to the right weight. It weighs 42lbs... The guys still seem shady to me though. Same town as Fatt, "bought the rights", and offer the exact same deal and managed to get 50 for release. And I think Weston said it in the other thread, its an alcohol casting. You can see the combustion chamber in the 2nd pic.

No way an assembled 6 cylinder cummins head weighs that little! My duramax head from one side weighs 50 lbs! Someone is telling a fib, or if it is infact that light you couldn't pay me to run it! Would fold up and break quickly.

You couldn't make any power with a 12v anyway, I'm sure it'd last you for years. :)

And how did that truck do all year?

No idea. It's a sled truck and I have most all of my teeth.

It's a half a$$ed crossbreed wanna be alcohol/diesel head. The "chamber", valve angles, ports and plug location sucks for gas/alcohol. When injector adapters start spitting out they'll find out that wasn't the best plan.

Make one or the other. some things shouldn't be universal.

The prototype that they bought from Fatt had the alcohol adapters. The new ones are machined for diesel. I figure if it lasted in their pulling application for a season it's probably not too bad. But they did recognize it as a weakness and addressed it.

^^^ haha.

Kinda makes me wish I had a 12v. I'd love to lighten mine up on the nose.

Wish someone would build a better 24V/CR head......or make the "war" head work on a CR.

Kinda makes me wish I had a 12v. I'd love to lighten mine up on the nose.

With the current and upcoming 12V heads, the investment required to produce a 24V head, and the fancy CR injectors being made, I wonder if CR 12v injectors would be the more sensible solution.

What's everyone's opinion on the INDY head?

the 12v CR wouldn't be a bad idear.

The Indy head isn't being ran for a reason. There is a reason Hamilton's head is. The two fastest diesels in drag racing (scheid and Robinson ) run a Hamilton head. I Dont know what the reason the Indy head isn't. At the level they are playing and paying a few grand more for an Indy isn't that much. But they are using a hammy head cuz it flat works... and works very well.

The head was on a drag truck. The guy that bought the casting rights ran it all last year. No results, I asked for them, other than it made 120psi boost. DPC Phil is supposed to have some insight to the truck. As to the weight, the one guy picked it up by himself, and he's no hulk. Just said it weighs 42, I would have guessed a bit more.
And the Indy head is no where to be seen. We asked at their booth and they said to call and talk to the owner

old comp d pic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 9.43.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 9.43.09 PM.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
MPP makes a 24V head too. I'm not sure if it is an alky/diesel head as well? It was on their website last week, but apparently that site has been taken down in the last couple of days.