12V Commonrail

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
Well this section has been kind of dead recently, let's see if we can stir up a chitstorm. :)

While my CR experience is limited to changing a fuel filter, once, maybe, and I struggle to give in to the witchcraft involved in a drive by wire diesel of my own, I can't get the idea out of my head.

I guess the best way to go about it would be CR bottom end, with a 12V head.

While it's all opinion, I like a 12V valverain and head better, curious on how a big flow, low swirl head, or a good flowing, better swirl head would pair up with EFI live on such an engine.

I guess the biggest question, what the heck could be done for injectors?

I'm thinking of doing the opposite for my puller and p pumping a cr 5.9.. i think thats way more straight forward while the only special thing is the injection lines..

If drive by wire is quicker than what i have experience then I just might have driven something that is out of date Joe.

P-pumping a CR long block is easier you just need to rework the plenum on the head just a little to fit the p-pump custom bent lines and injectors.

to use a 12v head you would have to use 12v pistons in the short block so you might as well just swap the entire 12v long block in there.

I think he is trying to make a CR injected 12v.

I would think the easiest way would be 12v head on a cr block with some sort of top feed injector.

A common rail injected 12v folks. I have brought it up a couple times amongst friends. Way too much work for what gain?

How do you top feed a 12v without a very custom head? Why a 12v and not just a 24v head?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:
the issue you have using a 12v head on a CR block with a cp3 and rail feeding the injectors is that you would either need to have custom electronic injectors made to use in the 12 valve head or you have to modify a 12 valve head to accept a CR injector and have a custom tip made to spray into the 12v piston bowl. Both would require custom bent lines

P-pumping a CR long block is easier you just need to rework the plenum on the head just a little to fit the p-pump custom bent lines and injectors.

to use a 12v head you would have to use 12v pistons in the short block so you might as well just swap the entire 12v long block in there.

You need a custom gear case

Lately there have been a few videos on Facebook of a 7.3 ford that is common rail. So I guess anything is possible with enough money

Wow, Everything that I've saw him drive was junk. Seemed to me that taking anything to him was a great way to ruin a good truck. Everything that guy had blew a whole lot of smoke and went no where. Saw him pull a few times, it was embarrassing.... Although maybe thats cuz he was into power strokes. Thats still no excuse, if you say you know what you are doing, you had better as far as i'm concerned.... Maybe I'm biased because of the involvement in the Lebanon crowd. Haven't seen much good come out of there either. Maybe there's some kind of father son thing going on that I don't know about either, don't know the family personally.

I was born in Berks, still live here. Just my opinion....

Back