12v into CR powered Dodge

Theres a local guy here that is sick and tired of his commonfail having tons of issues. (2006 3500 and pulls trailers all over colorado)

The only problem i see is are the gauges.... dont know how people do it and they still work.

I'll be watching :pop:

Gauges will work. Ive seen two running 3rd gen trucks with 12valves in them. I think its a good swap myself. A 12valve is by far a much more reliable engine, and a much more easly hotrodded engine. As far as the emission testing goes i dont think there is anything to worry bout, unless you live in a state where you are tested. Besides what is the difference in removing a dpf or altering any new diesel when it comes to breaking federal law.

what needs to be done to get the gauges to work?

Hopefully next weekend the truck should get here and I'll get some time to look into the engine.

which one? :p

both are 48RE trucks... I would probably do a manual valve body or say F-it and put a G56 in it

oh, and... stock 12v!??! does not compute :eek:

which one? :p

both are 48RE trucks... I would probably do a manual valve body or say F-it and put a G56 in it

oh, and... stock 12v!??! does not compute :eek:

:hehe: I figured I'd throw the stock 12v part out there...

on another note, I don't think you'll have a problem selling the other 06.

If the truck is already registered, I dont see the problem? There would be no need to register it if it is already tagged registered so I dont see the issue? And im not sure about IL, but in Ohio the "inspection" consists of looking at the VIN number to make sure it matches. Thats it.

Whatever happened to this?

I never did it. I sold the '06, kinda regret it.. I think it would've worked well. I would still LOVE to do this in the future. It would have been fine in IL, they don't do any checks to register a truck, there's no emission testing (besides the State of Chicago)

Yea, Im not worried about the emissions. I am going to be doing this to my 04.5 next year and need to start gathering info. Did you ever find somebody with experience doing this?

State employee + correct serial plate = pass.

Id imagine if the proper sensors were retained it would be feasible. Maybe finding a 4.7 truck and swap the underhood as the gasser will need less inputs to work.

Im also looking into this. For the auto to work wouldnt you just need to keep the APPS hooked up?

Garmon did that Conversion in that 1500 with the factory dash no problems.

I think the rules are stupid but theres a Super Duty with a 12V has had no problems with tech inspections.