12v or 24v?

yes. When it was removed to be ported, a couple of seats were dropping. Had to have them fixed.

A few years later I went to install a custom cam with more lift and my expensive springs would hang up on the spring pocket and cause the valves to not close at the same time. And that was with a cam that my springs were supposed to handle. If I wanted to go bigger on the cam, it was going to require a rediculous amount of money thrown at the valvetrain.

A decent amount of power can be made on stock valves and intake on a 24v head, that's what I ran last year. But when you want to take the next step, it just made mroe sense to go with a 12v head. I didn't think the difference in flow between a ported 24V head and a ported 12V head was worth the coin to stay 24v.

In talking with a friend it would be cheaper to stay 24v since I own one already, and don't plan on rpm's like you guys. Stock intake and valves, good valve grind, bowl and exhaust port work. Goal would be 900hp single charger. 12v would not cost all that much more as well though.

Good call I want all the chrome I can get for it. I need it to tow a boat.

Comparing to my brothers 12v it drives better, better fuel mileage, cleaner and no custom lines or injectors.Also I like 12v valvetrain better (less moving parts)

And they look cool Chad.

lol you guys are jerks...
and 12 valves are just cooler anyway..