13mm pump on the street?

its not about fuel quantity its about fuel quantity vs duration. the 12mm pumps making big numbers on the stand are not compareable to a 13mm. the duration becomes so long that its injecting fuel after the optimal crank angle. so its just creates smoke excessive egts's etc without any additional hp gains. whereas a 13mm will have injected the same amount of fuel in less crank degrees allowing it more burn time and the ability to make more hp.

this becomes increasingly important when you turn more rpm. we would never be able to run 5500 on a 12mm pump the duration is to long.

465cc's did 621 on a single charger with fuel to spare on my street truck with a 12mm at 17mm rack. 600 on a 13mm will produce 1200 hp i doubt a 12mm at 600'ccs will on fuel

All that black smoke if from the long injection cycle from a 12mm and a slow cam. Ask some of the big 3" pullers how many cc of fuel they use.

Mine is flat MAXED at 650 on CDS's stand...they couldn't get anymore from it, so I guess I'll say that every stand is different!

Chris

CDS dont cut their delivery valves enough thats why mitchell dont get their dv's from cds i know the guy that cuts mitchels dv's and he maxes them out. CDS is afraid of breaking them.

All that black smoke if from the long injection cycle from a 12mm and a slow cam. Ask some of the big 3" pullers how many cc of fuel they use.

how many do they use, my 12mm pump will run 5,000 rpm,s and on the stand it was still full fuel at 4,900 i dont want in a pissing match here i know alot of guys that have 13mm pumps on their pulling trucks and i take my 12mm street truck and put it all over them everywhere we go i have had 13mm pumps and i am not saying anything bad about them other than its wasted money unless you are all out pulling, anybody can build a badass PULLING truck thats easy its only money but build one that you drive everyday, pull 20,000 pounds on a gooseneck and win truck pulls and i am not talking electronic im talking 12v.

how many do they use, my 12mm pump will run 5,000 rpm,s and on the stand it was still full fuel at 4,900 i dont want in a pissing match here i know alot of guys that have 13mm pumps on their pulling trucks and i take my 12mm street truck and put it all over them everywhere we go i have had 13mm pumps and i am not saying anything bad about them other than its wasted money unless you are all out pulling, anybody can build a badass PULLING truck thats easy its only money but build one that you drive everyday, pull 20,000 pounds on a gooseneck and win truck pulls and i am not talking electronic im talking 12v.

I dont think anyone said they wont fuel at 5k. The problem is how long it takes to do it. Think about it, at high rpm you window for injection is tiny.

How far does a 12mm plunger have to travel to move the same amount of fuel as a 13? If you install a quick rate cam in both the 13 still wins. Those heavily cut DV's you mention are allowing fuel to enter the chamber late in the combustion cycle causing smoke. Quantity and TIMING are key.

Those 726cc's would do great in a cummins with a 8" stroke.

Dont go taking this as a personal hit.

Call dave at pensacola diesel thier number is 850-470-9408, ask him what Jeff Stethems 913 pump just did on their pump stand

Yeah since Pensacola Diesel is such a reputable shop with competitive trucks nation wide :bang . Might wanna try using a period or two every now and then too

did not say they were a reputable shop retard. They just put the new barrels and plungers in my pump because i am out of town working, i built the pump so all you guys bring your trucks down to southeastern ohio and we will hand your ass too you like we did the crank it up diesel guys. Pensacola jsut had it on the stand all they did was rebuild it back to the eay i had it my truck makes great power i pull 4th gear low range with 3.54 gears and 35" tires with 800lbs hanging in the front. so teddybear bring your truck down and we'll send ya back crying.

did not say they were a reputable shop retard. They just put the new barrels and plungers in my pump because i am out of town working, i built the pump so all you guys bring your trucks down to southeastern ohio and we will hand your ass too you like we did the crank it up diesel guys. Pensacola jsut had it on the stand all they did was rebuild it back to the eay i had it my truck makes great power i pull 4th gear low range with 3.54 gears and 35" tires with 800lbs hanging in the front. so teddybear bring your truck down and we'll send ya back crying.

Ok, name calling isn't going get you anywhere.

What class are you pulling? What chassis? What trans?

Somebody remind me the power needed for 4th low. 800?

You say you don't want a pissing match, but you sure seem to be trying to start one...

Like was asked, wanna share some more about your awesome setup?

Obviously my sarcasm wasnt taken well. My point was that Pensacola is NOT a reputable shop, nor are they known for their pump building abilities. From everything Ive read/heard they are more known for shotty work and ripping people off. So the fact that your pump made 726cc's on their bench, really doesnt amount to much. There have been many discussions on here before about how CC numbers between shops vary greatly depending on testing methods, equipment, setup, etc. etc.

And I wasnt tryin to call you out, nor did I ever say anything about the way your truck runs. Im sure you have a good running truck. Thats great. You just showed up in this thread slingin dirt and pretty much telling everyone that they were stupid and dont know what theyre doing.:bang Not really a very good way to make any friends.

You got any videos of that beast crankin' 4900rpms down the track in 4th low?

You say you don't want a pissing match, but you sure seem to be trying to start one...

Like was asked, wanna share some more about your awesome setup?

5speed with 3.54 gears 35" mud terrains, twins thats all i will tell, i ran a 6 speed in my last truck and i ran 5th low everywhere we went with 3.54 gears, i am not bragging aboutmy truck just stating that its a street truck drive it EVERYDAY pulling a gooseneck and working it. Yes it has a decent set of twins on it but its the best of both worlds. I was just stating that the 13mm pumps for STREET PURPOSES is not needed go back to what the thread is about. I was just stating that i can take a 12mm good built pump and put it all over some good 13mm pumps and to add to it the 13mm pump guys are running a 3/8" braided line from their big nitrous solenoids straight into their intakes no pills straight thru. I just take pride in driving it every day with a pump I BUILT thats putting out those numbers pulling in 4th gear in a 5 speed with 3.54 gears and 35" tires. If you guys wanna knock me go ahead. But if you would read what the thread is about i was givin my 2 cents worth and piss on ya if ya dont like it.

Is your pulling tracks made of sand? 4th low at 4500 rpm thats 49.55 mph WOW that would be something to see

Back