14mm ve build???

Dodge350c

How hard is it to build a 14mm ve pump or is there anyone in the area of md/pa that can build and flow test it. Thanks, Dominic

if you've been into a VE before or have some good mechanical savy its not bad at all. Bench testing it is always good if you have access to do so.

It's not the black magic people make it out to be....just don't try and turn it hard. As a side note, Smokin, what kind of rpm do you see?

More than a 14 should bee turning. :poke: He should get a mag write up for running with the big dogs. :D

I've seen 4000 rpms a number of times pulling, usually run 3500 to 3800 rpm on average down the track though. Sometimes when I get on it on the street it will hit 3800 to 4000 before it shifts. I've easily put 1500 miles, 6 pulls, and quite a few WOT runs with this setup and never had a hiccup. I've been very happy with my pump but I need to get on the rollers again and find out what it really has now.

I've seen 4000 rpms a number of times pulling, usually run 3500 to 3800 rpm on average down the track though. Sometimes when I get on it on the street it will hit 3800 to 4000 before it shifts. I've easily put 1500 miles, 6 pulls, and quite a few WOT runs with this setup and never had a hiccup. I've been very happy with my pump but I need to get on the rollers again and find out what it really has now.

Uncorrected right? :poke:LOL

hmm, I'm planning on doing the 14mm swap. When you run the 14mm do you still run a lower pressure lift pump? or does the pressure need to be higher? I'm planning on an airdog II 165gph.

Someone needs to figure out how to put a snap ring in front of the shaft seal. Im still leary about just douching it with loctite and letting it be. Apparently it works though, but kind of a.... sh!tty way of doing it IMO.

Someone needs to figure out how to put a snap ring in front of the shaft seal. Im still leary about just douching it with loctite and letting it be. Apparently it works though, but kind of a.... sh!tty way of doing it IMO.

A few guys have done retainers on the front. I plan to loctite mine and run a nice high quality boost referenced regulator to ramp my pressure up and keep my dyamic timing working i hope.

I have been running the 4 cylinder VE pump on my TDI land speed diesel. We are turning it 7200 rpms, I know that as a 6 cylinder it will not work as high. On II bench it was close to 500 cc's of fuel. Its is fairly fragile as well

I have been running the 4 cylinder VE pump on my TDI land speed diesel. We are turning it 7200 rpms, I know that as a 6 cylinder it will not work as high. On II bench it was close to 500 cc's of fuel. Its is fairly fragile as well

I'd like to see the flow sheet on that one....500cc seems a tad optimistic. :poke:

A few guys have done retainers on the front. I plan to loctite mine and run a nice high quality boost referenced regulator to ramp my pressure up and keep my dyamic timing working i hope.

Do you loose the dynamic timing with a 14mm head because of the needed fuel pressure?

I haven't built mine yet but from my research yes you will loose dynamic timing pushing high inlet pressure all the time.

hmm, I'm planning on doing the 14mm swap. When you run the 14mm do you still run a lower pressure lift pump? or does the pressure need to be higher? I'm planning on an airdog II 165gph.

Low is ok at idle, but pressure up at higher rpm.

It is kind of hillbilly, but mine has held for like 4 years now!

I haven't built mine yet but from my research yes you will loose dynamic timing pushing high inlet pressure all the time.

I run 30+psi all the time. No dynamic timing. It sucks! But I was too cheap and lazy at the time to create a regulated return.

Yep I've been run 32-35 lbs on mine since I put it on with a loctited seal. Seems sketchy but its been tried and worked so i figured why not? I just check my oil often to make sure its not making any oil.

Back