1966BT Dodge Camper Special Resto/Mod

I started welding together the link mounts for the front suspension. I'm going with 3/4" hardware so I started by drilling the plates to 3/4"

I then started welding the brackets together using some mock up Grade 5 hardware and these aluminum spacers that I had made to 0.01" wider than the actual suspension joints. The thought is that when the brackets cool, that the steel doesn't pull together, preventing the suspension joints from going in. I accomplished the same thing with tape during the CJ build but I wanted to something better this go around.

It worked great because the joints went right in after the brackets cooled.

This is roughly where the brackets will go..

I stripped and trimmed the firewall yesterday. I know I've seen it before but some please remind me of the significance of the number on the firewall?

Thanks to my six buddies that came over this evening to help put the cab back on the frame. I'm using the Energy Suspension '72+ body mount kit.
I hope to get going with the motor mounts Friday.

PSC fixed their mistake and sent the pump back with the correct reservoir can free of charge.

I've been working on getting the engine in place, it's been slow going but I hope to be there in the next two weeks or so.
I started out by leveling the frame:

With the firewall cut and with my mod'd motor mounts, I got the engine as far back as I could before things started interefering.

I took some measurements and put this diagram together real quick so I had something to refer to once I get rolling. From it's current position, I'd like to bring the motor back 2" and down 3"
That'll leave 1" between the firewall and the downpipe; .5" once I go to 4" exhaust. It'll be tight to remove the #6 valve cover but I'll double check it once I have the motor roughed in.

From there, I pulled the motor back out and started beefing up the motor mounts. I drilled through 'em and welded in 1.75" x .12" DOM tube that will serve as a tie in points for the cradle.
The tacked in angle is temporary, I'll cut it before I burn the mounts in their final locations.
I'm not 100% sold on this yet so I might bag the whole plan and switch to 2nd gen mounts.

Hey if u need any parts for that truck let me know i have a ton of parts for them im buliding a 1970 d100 right now and im close to u