1968 Corvette Diesel

DieselWrencher

6cyl Vette
I have been working on this thing on and off now for a few months. It is finally at picture status. LOL The engine is a 98 12v. It has a 180hp IP on it that flowed over 500cc's of fuel last year. It has 300hp marine injectors, a S300 turbo, ARP head studs, and a lot more. The tranny is by far the weakest link. It is a A618 non lock up OD unit from a 92 Dodge 1 ton. It has a RV torque convertor and has 30k on a rebuild. The rear end is a 9" ford and it will have 3.50 gears to start out with. The rear tires are 31" tall and 18.5" wide. It has coil over shocks in the rear with 4 link rear suspension. Hopefully someday I can utilize the wheelie bars. LOL Here are some pics of it.

100_3947.jpg

100_3946.jpg

100_3944.jpg

100_3943.jpg

100_3949.jpg

100_3950.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, next time, use the img links on photobucket. The pics will show up in the thread.

is that a 68 or 69 vette? I thought the door key holes on the 68s were recessed a bit and the 69s were flush. Those look flush. Anyway, cool idea. Keep us updated with pics.

NICE. I can't wait to see where you put the radiator.

is that a 68 or 69 vette? I thought the door key holes on the 68s were recessed a bit and the 69s were flush. Those look flush. Anyway, cool idea. Keep us updated with pics.

Actually the door locks on a 68 door are recessed a little andthey have a push button lock cylinder. You push the lock in and pull with the top handle and it opens. The doors on mine are from a 74 because they are the only manual doors I have.

NICE. I can't wait to see where you put the radiator.

The radiator will be in the stock location. I just won't be using the stock radiator support because of the tilt front. The stock radiator support bolts into the inner supports of the front clip and mine are gone due to making the nose all one piece.

Yes it will have an intercooler as well. Hopefully this week I will get the radiator and IC mounted and hopefully plumbed. I also am building a new exhaust manifold because I don't like how the turbo sits. I don't want to cut a huge hole in the hood and hood scoop for the turbo. I want to try to keep as much under the hood as I can. My intake will definitely stick out though. LOL

Last edited:
diesel corvette

Kinda nice to see a little competition for my 6.5 turbo diesel corvette. Looks like a involved transplant. Good luck.

Yes it will have an intercooler as well. Hopefully this week I will get the radiator and IC mounted and hopefully plumbed. I also am building a new exhaust manifold because I don't like how the turbo sits. I don't want to cut a huge hole in the hood and hood scoop for the turbo. I want to try to keep as much under the hood as I can. My intake will definitely stick out though. LOL

Got an update on that Vette?

Hows the vette coming, would like some updates and pics. Thats going to be a sweet ride for sure. If your not going to drive super fast your gearing will be spot on for quick red light to red light action! A 31" tire, your 3.50 gears, and 3600 r's will put ya at 95mph, at hwy speeds cruising it will be tacked up pretty good but...prob. still get 25+ mpg. If you have not already get some valve springs and at least a 4k GSK for it. That thing will be killer on the street.

It is on hold until a list as long as a truck gets finished. I am building a different engine for it and the race season is almost over. So I decided instead of buying parts twice I will just wait to take it out until next season. I am buying parts and pieces as I find them. It seems that 47rh's are pretty hard to come by especially if you are poor like me. LOL I could give you pics but it would just look like it did 2 months or so ago. LOL No engine or trans. LOL

ryan I was just looking at the pics of this thing again and im trying to figure out where your feet and pedals are gonna go???? Holy tranny tunnel!!! LOL