1968 Corvette Diesel

yeah you would need a different over drive unless you put a gear vendors unit on it. i actual get really good shipping rates it was like 120 to ship it to KY

I heard that suncoast has a full manual valvebody for a 47re if that helps Rich

If anyone knows where a 47rh or re 2wd is let me know. I am not having any luck finding any around me.

cool project.

We have a 2wd 47 out of a 2001 sitting here at the shop if you are interested. Make us an offer!

47rhs are hard to find they were only used in 94 & 95s. I just got lucky but in my searches I discovered that the v10 and cummins share the same case which is thicker than the gas so... a v10 could be used but you would have to buy the diesel governor. Rich

Thanks Rich. I have my eye on a 47rh case but I would lke to find a complete unit to have all pieces to start with . LOL

ryan, there was a guy selling a 47rh in santa cruz Ca for like 300 bucks or something super cheap, he didnt know what he had.

I will see If I can find his number....

Thanks Rich. I have my eye on a 47rh case but I would lke to find a complete unit to have all pieces to start with . LOL

:doh:What I was trying to say is the v10 trans and the cummins both have a thicker case . The standard 47rh would not be good for a Diesel application . The only Difference between the Diesel 47rh & the v10 47rh is the governor . Rich

bump out of curiosity... also, the pics aren't showing up for me anymore. :(

looking good, gonna be awesome seeing it go down the track... what's an estimated or target E.T. for the car? What's the cage certified to?

c-ya

looking good, gonna be awesome seeing it go down the track... what's an estimated or target E.T. for the car? What's the cage certified to?

c-ya

A hair past HOLY CHIT! on its first run is what I am figuring.:hehe:

LMAO! I am pretty sure the chassis can go to 9.99 and then I will have to have it certified and the swing outs have to be replaced in the cage.

There are some newer pictures of it hereIt is coming along. Just not as fast as I wanted to. We ran into some parts problems with the trans and clearance issues since I switched from a A518 to a 47RH. We're over that now. :hehe: Now we're waiting on the trans to be buttoned up and I'm tying up loose ends so I can paint the frame. Everytime I look at it or start to get some where, I notice something else I need to build, alter, or change. I still have a lot of body work to do due to the front clip and the lower fenders where the hood sits. most of the hard stuff is done. Still working on the shifter mount and need to make the interior pieces as well. Goal now is to test and tune it the weekend before TS.