1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

Looking good! What are your plans for the truck? I probably read it at some point, but 19 pages is lot to read!

Haha I feel ya, I just saw the NOS and roll bar. Plus the water to air, it makes it seem more like a strip truck.

:lolly:
Is there enough room to mount it in front of the radiator? There's a thread with water to air intercooler pictures floating around on here.

:lolly:
Is there enough room to mount it in front of the radiator? There's a thread with water to air intercooler pictures floating around on here.

Not really.. unless I go underneath behind the pumper, which brings me to another thought...

I wonder if I need a reservoir for the water or will a closed loop with a heat echanger sufice? If I mount a heat exchanger in the bed, the line length would give me some added capacity, just not sure if it's enough.

:Cheer:

dude you got serious skills your trucks gonna be insane when you get it finished great job so far.

Man i just read this whole build at work lol. Youre craftsmanship is really amazing nice to see such detailed thread and all those pics. Keep it up man.

This is one of the best builds around and you have some of the best skills i'v seen. Why did you switch to the single turbo when you were so far into the twin's.

Last edited:
This is one of the best builds around and you have some of the best skills i'v seen. Why did you switch to the single turbo when you were so far into the twin's.

After taking a second look at it I felt that the .250" clearance to the frame was too close for comfort. After I get the truck running on the single, I will be re-thinking the twins setup... including cutting the floor for a down pipe if necessary.

I've come to the conclusion that fabing/bending brake lines suck!

Finished up the front from the M/C to line lock and back to the crossmember...

A012511-1.jpg

A012511-2.jpg

A012511-3.jpg

:kick:

Proportioning valve...

After messing with under dash locations, I ended up going with my original thought anyway.

A012611-1.jpg

A012611-2.jpg

Did you fab the SAE flange A adapter?

No... I picked that up in a craigslist bunch of Cummins parts! I didn't even realize what is used for initially, but also have not come across another and I have been looking! Here is the part number off the housing if that helps anyone looking for such a piece... 3923239. I wonder how much Cummins wants for one...:hehe:

No... I picked that up in a craigslist bunch of Cummins parts! I didn't even realize what is used for initially, but also have not come across another and I have been looking! Here is the part number off the housing if that helps anyone looking for such a piece... 3923239. I wonder how much Cummins wants for one...:hehe:

I have spent probably two to three days digging for something like that. I have not been able to find anything that looks like that at all. EEP made a drive setup similar to what you used (from what I can tell from the pictures), but it doesn't work with the pump I need. Looks like I'll be getting something made.

Thanks for the part number BTW, and keep up the good work!

I have spent probably two to three days digging for something like that. I have not been able to find anything that looks like that at all. EEP made a drive setup similar to what you used (from what I can tell from the pictures), but it doesn't work with the pump I need. Looks like I'll be getting something made.

Thanks for the part number BTW, and keep up the good work!

One other possibility... give straight line steering a call and talk to Ralph about the possibility of getting a SAE A flange adapter to run a 11 spline power steering pump off a Cummins 5.9. You can find straight line on line.

Fed up with the roll bar... so it's getting **** caned, can't weld the way I want due to that line-x and I'm tired of waisting any more time with it!

Still waiting for some fittings to finish up the brake lines.

Started working on wiring up this pig...

A020311-1.jpg

A020311-3.jpg

A020311-2.jpg

Back