1986 Buick Grand National

The 200r4 is known as one of the stronger OD trans available. These cars are easy to make a mid 11 car out of with some basic parts.

The gnx's ran around a mid 13 stock in the 1/4 mile. Good luck finding one that will even touch the 1/4 mile now though. But I'm pretty sure that the GN's ran right at 14 seconds.

Oh, and like stated, the 200's may need a little help from the factory to hold up to some power, but they are a great choice for these cars.

I personally can't afford it, but like everyone else, i'm still waiting on pics. Hopefully mine is only a week or two from being started up for the first time in 16 years, but with how finicky these cars are, I'm probably going to be doubling my parts list before that becomes a reality

Last edited:
Alright, just posted Craigslist: Knoxville,Tenn. for sale by owner. 1986 Buick Grand National. If someone can, please paste address or pics. So sorry, this computer will let me do nothing. And your right, you can't park this thing for long. Someone will steal it!
Thanks

If i had that car, i would never need a women again... Except to make me sammiches.

Amazing car!

It would've been awesome if my parents would've bought me a GN for my first car. Hell, i would've just liked having them buy me a car. LOL

Really been hoping to run across a dirt cheap T-type Regal sitting somewhere, and build into a fun little DD.

Man I am tempted, interested in a scsb 94 dodge?

20121026_162027_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Never was a GM person, but the GNs always have made me at least have a second look.
This one is a very nice and well-cared for ride.

Mark.