1998.5 Dodge 2500 24V Cummins

COOTER

Strokin' & Smokin'
The Only Reason I Am Selling This Truck Is Because I Have Zero Use For It. My Two Daily Drivers Are A 1997 F150 V8 5 Speed 4x4 On 38's, & A 1999 Dodge 2500 Sport 24V 5 Speed 4x4. My Tow Rig Is A Built 1999 F350 6 Speed 4x4 Pushing 550 HP & 1250 Ft. Lbs. Thanks To Me & The Great Folks @ Beans. My Play Toy Is A 1968 Dodge Charger 440 4 Speed Car. & My Old Lady Has A 1995 Grand Cherokee As Well As A 2003 Saturn Ion. So As You Can See I Have No Use For It.

I Traded My Rock Crawler To This Truck About A Month Ago As It Seemed Easier To Sell A Dodge 2500, Rather Than A Non Street Legal V8 Jeep Stretched, Caged, & Rolling On 44" Swampers. When I Transfered The Title & Registered This Truck Last Month, My Clerks Office Informed Me That This Truck Books For $9250, & That's What I Paid Taxes On. It Was Right At $600 To License & Register This Truck. Personally I Don't See It, And That's Why I'm Asking $8500 OBO. I Would Probably Let It Go For $8,000 Cash. I Planned On Lowering It, Four Linking The Rear, Maybe Even A Short Bed Conversion, & Dragging It, But Life Has Happened & I Need The Money.

Truck Only Has 199,000 Miles On It, Doesn't Leak Or Use Any Oil, Transmission Fluid, Coolant, Diff Fluid, Or Anything. It Has 150HP Injectors, An Edge Juice w/ Attitude, A Mildly Built Automatic Transmission, & A Triple Disc Converter. As For The Brand Names, I Do Not Know, As I Did Not Perform The Install, Nor Did I Have The Parts Installed. I Did However Put On A Brand New Set Of 305/70/16 Toyo Open Country A/T II Xtremes & 16" MB Motorsports Razor Wheels. That Set Me Back $900 For The Tires & $600 For The Wheels. It Has A Gooseneck Ball In The Bed, & The Previous Owner Only Used This Truck To Haul Trailers With. There Is Cab Corner Rust As Well As Rear Bumper Rust, But He Did Give Me A New Cab Corner, & Rust Free Rear Bumper. The Pictures Show No Tailgate, However It Does Have A Tailgate.

This Is Just A Plain Jane Dodge 2500 Work Truck, Not A Drag Truck, Not A Pulling Truck, And Not A Show Truck. It's A Really Good Truck For What It Is, & If I Actually Needed It, I Would Keep It In A Heartbeat, But Like I Said, I Really Need Money. Thanks For Reading My Novel, & God Bless.

379951_10151350296965496_336435055_n.jpg

406973_10151350296735496_1448896335_n.jpg

529164_10151350297225496_1788556350_n.jpg

27142_10151350297765496_760015136_n.jpg

3598_10151350296240496_890770729_n.jpg

164235_10151350297635496_1947081311_n.jpg

31002_10151350296345496_680924717_n.jpg

63108_10151350296440496_1497898714_n.jpg

11990_10151350296575496_9013037_n.jpg

12004_10151350296655496_1479782826_n.jpg

68527_10151350309110496_2018571610_n.jpg

Mildly built tranny with triple disk converter? Whats mildly built mean?

I'm interested in this. Could you shoot me a pm with your number?

Thanks
Jake

Not trying to burst anyones bubble. I just don't want anyone getting ripped off. But this was my buddies truck that we traded to this guy just a couple months ago. and I did all the work on it myself and it does not have a built tranny or triple disk converter. we gave him a folder full of receites from aamco for a "stock" rebuilt tranny.

And Cooter what happened to the terrible bottom end knock it "had" when you were looking at it? but some how its not mentioned here? I guess it didn't really have one like we said.

you wanna post where you were born/raised and what your hobbies are also? I didnt know that I should factor in what the plates cost when i sell something I should add at that in from now on

I'm Going By What Was Told To Me By Rich. I Never Said It Had A Lower End Knock. I'm Not The Guy From Indiana, I Traded This Truck To A Dude Named Rich In Indiana, & I'm Guessing That's Who Your Thinking Of Because You Say "We Traded, We Said"...The Only People Involved Last Month Where Rich, His Wife, Myself, & Mine. So If It Doesn't Have Any Of That, Please Explain, But I'm Going By What Was Told To Me From Him On The Day We Traded.

Sounds like someone got busted trying to pawn their junk off on someone else?

I'm Going By What Was Told To Me By Rich. I Never Said It Had A Lower End Knock. I'm Not The Guy From Indiana, I Traded This Truck To A Dude Named Rich In Indiana, & I'm Guessing That's Who Your Thinking Of Because You Say "We Traded, We Said"...The Only People Involved Last Month Where Rich, His Wife, Myself, & Mine. So If It Doesn't Have Any Of That, Please Explain, But I'm Going By What Was Told To Me From Him On The Day We Traded.

Ok, I apologize for thinking it was you. But I know the truck and didn't want someone getting ripped off if I could help it. So again im sorry for cluttering your thread, carry on.

Not trying to burst anyones bubble. I just don't want anyone getting ripped off. But this was my buddies truck that we traded to this guy just a couple months ago. and I did all the work on it myself and it does not have a built tranny or triple disk converter. we gave him a folder full of receites from aamco for a "stock" rebuilt tranny.

And Cooter what happened to the terrible bottom end knock it "had" when you were looking at it? but some how its not mentioned here? I guess it didn't really have one like we said.

@Chevy_Man...You Have The Wrong Guy. My Name Is Shaun Cooper From Kentucky, Not Rich Whatever From Indiana. The Guy I Traded My Jeep To Found Me On Mautofied. He Delivered This Truck To Me On A Trailer Being Pulled By A Black Extended Cab 24V On 20" Eagles. Everything That Has Been Listed Is Exactly What Rich Told Me On The Day We Traded At The State Fairgrounds In Louisville KY. I'm Going By What Was Told To Me By Rich.

I Never Said It Had A Lower End Knock, How Could I, When I've Never Met You. If You Must Know, I've Never Heard It Knock, It's A Very Peppy & Responsive Running Truck That I've Had Zero Issues Out Of. You Say "We Traded, We Said"...The Only People Involved Last Month Where Rich, His Wife, Myself, & Mine. So If It Doesn't Have Any Of That, Please Explain, But I'm Going By What Was Told To Me From Him On The Day We Traded. He Told Me That He Was The One That Put In The Triple Disc Converter, He Was The One That Put In The Injectors, & His Buddy Put In The Transmission. Another Thing, You Said "We Traded A Couple Months Ago" I Traded My Jeep For This Exactly 1 Month Ago, Saturday March 30th 2013, & Registered It Monday April 2nd 2013. The Title Was Not In Rich's Name, But A Daniel Something? I Can't Remember At The Moment, But The Title Was Filled Out & Ready To Go.

Make Sure You Check Location Before You Start Throwing Out Accusations And Making A Guy That Apparently Got Screwed Look Like A Complete Liar. I Will Say This One More Time As I Said It In My Main Post, I Did Not Perform The Install, Nor Did I Have The Install Done. This Is Exactly What Was Told To Me Buy The Guy Named Rich That I Got It From.

As For Why Did I Tell About How Much Taxes Were...Because To Me It's Not A $9,250 Truck, But Apparently NADA Thinks So. I Was Just Using It As A Reference To Show Even Though It Doesn't Look It, The Book Still Says It's Worth That Much.

I'm Just Trying To Be As Honest As Possible People. That's The Way I Was Raised, & That's How I Live. However It Seems As If I Have Been Screwed & Lied To In Regards To This Truck By The Person I Obtained It From.

you wanna post where you were born/raised and what your hobbies are also? I didnt know that I should factor in what the plates cost when i sell something I should add at that in from now on

Born & Raised Right Here In Cave City KY. Went To College In North Carolina, Went To War In Iraq & Afghanistan.

Hobbies - Anything Automotive Related

Taxes Were Just A Reference Saying That The Book Is High Even Though It's A Plain Jane 2500.

You Asked...

Last edited:
Because people gave you **** over the craigslist add saying it wasn't worth the money.
PVA will make book whatever you want it to cost.

I would like to drive it. That would at least ease some minds here. PM me if you are interested in that.
Drop the inspection cover on the bell housing and photo the tcc. Would only help you more.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

I Can Definitely Do That

I Wrote A Bill Of Sale Stating That I Paid $4500 For The Truck, & The Other Guy Signed It, His Wife Signed Witness To It, In Hopes That I Wouldn't Have To Paid A Lot On Taxes, But Since It Was An Out Of State Title, It Was A No Go. In Kentucky You Must Have An Affadavid Or However You Spell It Filled Out By Both Parties & Notorized, Unlike Most, A Hand Written Bill Of Sale Won't Suffice. I Learned That With This Truck. Also, In KY We Don't Have PVA's, When You Buy A Vehicle, You Take Everything To The County Clerks Office, She Looks Up Book Value, & That's What You Pay Your Taxes On, 6% Of Book Value, Unless You Have A Legit Bill Of Sale Stating You Purchased It For Less Than Book. It's Effin Stupid I Know, But That's Just How It Is.

@Chevy_Man...You Have The Wrong Guy. My Name Is Shaun Cooper From Kentucky, Not Rich Whatever From Indiana. The Guy I Traded My Jeep To Found Me On Mautofied. He Delivered This Truck To Me On A Trailer Being Pulled By A Black Extended Cab 24V On 20" Eagles. Everything That Has Been Listed Is Exactly What Rich Told Me On The Day We Traded At The State Fairgrounds In Louisville KY. I'm Going By What Was Told To Me By Rich.

I Never Said It Had A Lower End Knock, How Could I, When I've Never Met You. If You Must Know, I've Never Heard It Knock, It's A Very Peppy & Responsive Running Truck That I've Had Zero Issues Out Of. You Say "We Traded, We Said"...The Only People Involved Last Month Where Rich, His Wife, Myself, & Mine. So If It Doesn't Have Any Of That, Please Explain, But I'm Going By What Was Told To Me From Him On The Day We Traded. He Told Me That He Was The One That Put In The Triple Disc Converter, He Was The One That Put In The Injectors, & His Buddy Put In The Transmission. Another Thing, You Said "We Traded A Couple Months Ago" I Traded My Jeep For This Exactly 1 Month Ago, Saturday March 30th 2013, & Registered It Monday April 2nd 2013. The Title Was Not In Rich's Name, But A Daniel Something? I Can't Remember At The Moment, But The Title Was Filled Out & Ready To Go.

Make Sure You Check Location Before You Start Throwing Out Accusations And Making A Guy That Apparently Got Screwed Look Like A Complete Liar. I Will Say This One More Time As I Said It In My Main Post, I Did Not Perform The Install, Nor Did I Have The Install Done. This Is Exactly What Was Told To Me Buy The Guy Named Rich That I Got It From.

As For Why Did I Tell About How Much Taxes Were...Because To Me It's Not A $9,250 Truck, But Apparently NADA Thinks So. I Was Just Using It As A Reference To Show Even Though It Doesn't Look It, The Book Still Says It's Worth That Much.

I'm Just Trying To Be As Honest As Possible People. That's The Way I Was Raised, & That's How I Live. However It Seems As If I Have Been Screwed & Lied To In Regards To This Truck By The Person I Obtained It From.

Ok number 1. I made a mistake by thinking you were the guy we traded with, I admitted that! 2. Yes my buddies name is Daniel, we traded this truck for a rock crawler that Rich had. 3. I did check your location but it didn't mean a thing since the fact we met him halfway! 4. When we showed up to trade he flipped out and said it had a bad bottom end knock, which you yourself will clarify it runs good and smooth. 5. the guy lied about some of the stuff he told us about the rock crawler, so were pissed already at him. 6. again im sorry I called you out on this, but I thought you were him and wasn't going to let him screw someone else!

My clerk must think I'm sexy then. She called the valuation office on my 96 and it dropped to $21 a year.

I'm in BG BTW. Im all too familiar with how Ky works. That's why I offered what I did.

Chevy, Not A Problem, My Apologies For Earlier. I Hadn't Realized You Posted An Apology, & It Wouldn't Let Me Edit To Explain, So I Had To Post Another Time. Your Right, The Truck Runs Flawless,& Shifts Great! I Think We Both Got Effed By This Rich Dude, Because He Talked this Truck Up, As I'm Sure He Did You & Your Friend. Its A Great Truck, Its Not Perfect, But I Like It. I Just Don't Understand Why Its So Hard For People To Be Honest Anymore?. Thank You For Bringing This To My Attention, As Being Called A Liar Is One Thing I Will Never Be. I Think I Will Have The Injectors Flow Benched Just To See Exactly What It Has. I'm Not Upset, Well I Was At First Because I Looked Like A Fool, But I'm Glad You Intervened Because I Wouldn't Want To Be Tye Type Of Person Like Rich. Thanks & God Bless.

Biggy, Life In Barren County Is A Bit Sideways, But I'm Sure You Already Knew That. Not Sure What Annual Taxes Would Be, But They Charged Me The One Time New Purchase Tax. They Have Always Done Me That Way. Guess That's Why SOKY Is Going To **** In A Handbag?

Post up a picture of that converter from underneath. I would be after it if I had the money.

Chevy, Not A Problem, My Apologies For Earlier. I Hadn't Realized You Posted An Apology, & It Wouldn't Let Me Edit To Explain, So I Had To Post Another Time. Your Right, The Truck Runs Flawless,& Shifts Great! I Think We Both Got Effed By This Rich Dude, Because He Talked this Truck Up, As I'm Sure He Did You & Your Friend. Its A Great Truck, Its Not Perfect, But I Like It. I Just Don't Understand Why Its So Hard For People To Be Honest Anymore?. Thank You For Bringing This To My Attention, As Being Called A Liar Is One Thing I Will Never Be. I Think I Will Have The Injectors Flow Benched Just To See Exactly What It Has. I'm Not Upset, Well I Was At First Because I Looked Like A Fool, But I'm Glad You Intervened Because I Wouldn't Want To Be Tye Type Of Person Like Rich. Thanks & God Bless.

Ok no problem! I'll agree the truck was a good running/driving truck! I would personally buy it back! and other than the cab corner the truck is solid. And yes I hate freaking liars that's why I was so ready to jump on it. And yes honestly the injectors were in it when we got it and the guy couldn't remember the size, so that's what we told Rich "it has injectors but don't know what size". And the transmission wasn't bad but it was simply a stock rebuild, so unless Rich put all that in it, which he could have. But I doubt because he had it up for sale less than a week later....