1st gen cummins into NBS chevy rcsb bagged and bodydropped

You should sand and polish the flycut portion of the valve covers... It would look gooood!!!

yea chris i was thinking about that. i'm gonna paint the covers the same color as the truck too. it's not your gonna see the back one anyway though lol.

got a little done yesterday. mounted the fuel cell, the fuel pump and started building a driveshaft tunnel. also grabbed a bunch of exhaust tubing from work but i failed at trying to make it oval so i'm going to order some oval 4" this week.

DSC_5978.jpg

DSC_5979.jpg

DSC_5980.jpg

DSC_5984.jpg

DSC_5991.jpg

DSC_5992.jpg

DSC_5996.jpg

DSC_6000.jpg

almost got the floor done and i ran out of welding gas. decided to paint and mat what i had done. also decided i might as well tube the wiper cowl for when i'm gonna run a hood stack :) i also made up a control arm jig cause i think i'm gonna make some arms and see how they work.

DSC_6053.jpg

DSC_6002.jpg

DSC_6008.jpg

DSC_6048.jpg

DSC_6040.jpg

DSC_6028.jpg

DSC_6042.jpg

DSC_6032.jpg

DSC_6031.jpg

DSC_6026.jpg

DSC_6043.jpg

DSC_6020.jpg

DSC_6012.jpg

I guess you decided not to go with the oval tube out the back, but are doing a "cowl" stack instead...

sweet project.

2 things, the turbo in the first few pics needs to be clocked, but im sure you know that. and are you facing the miter hood stack like it is in the last pics? wont that be like a ram air into the exhaust?

no chris i'm gonna run the oval tubing, that was just my redneck attempt at doing it myself. i should have the piping later this week. i'm also going to run an exhaust brake which should be fun to try and fit in there.

once i'm done mocking up all the pipe. i'm going to send it off to MBRP and have them coat it with that black powercoating they use.

thanks. well the tip is just in there as a reference right now, it will be pointed the other way and be color matched to the truck.

what do you mean the turbo needs to be clocked? the 06 turbo?

ahhh oh ok gotcha. well i have a BD 24v manifold i'm putting on it and machining the ports to match.

yeah, just make sure to get the oil ports vertical, if not you will piss oil out the seals possibly into the compressor side which could cause a run away.

to clock the he351cw's you will have to take both housings completely off and removed the alignment pin (use a pair of side cutters to pull the out) then reassemble and clock as needed.

the turbine and compressor housings will have to stay aligned for the wastegate actuator to work off the compressor mount, but the center section should be able to be clocked how ever you want it.

cool good to know about the oil ports. yea i was looking at that and taking it apart seems to be the only way to clock the comp housing.

i was thinking about making a bracket or a new rod for the actuator that would allow me to clock just the comp housing.

no chris i'm gonna run the oval tubing, that was just my redneck attempt at doing it myself. i should have the piping later this week. i'm also going to run an exhaust brake which should be fun to try and fit in there.

once i'm done mocking up all the pipe. i'm going to send it off to MBRP and have them coat it with that black powercoating they use.

thanks. well the tip is just in there as a reference right now, it will be pointed the other way and be color matched to the truck.

what do you mean the turbo needs to be clocked? the 06 turbo?

I'm not understanding, are you going to have exhaust that goes out through the cowl AND oval tube exhaust that goes under the truck and out the rear somewhere? Or are you going to have an oval cowl stack or something else entirely???:what:

more or less yea. i will have a full exhaust that will be oval. However i will have the ability to run a hood stack if i want. i'll make two different downpipes.

i will have 2 hoods and 2 wiper cowls, one for each way. An 01 chevy HD hood for the regular exhaust and a stock GMC hood for the hood stack.

if i don't cut it out now i know i'll be kicking myself later on for not doing it. it's only metal anyway.

haha holy crap it's only been 2 days lol.

i'm only able get down to the shop on the weekends, i live an hour from there and work. thankfully i'm off tomorrow though and Pureflow just sent me all my fuel line and fittings so some progress will resume tomorrow.

Sick project man... looks like you've been working hard. Did you ever consider putting a DMax in it...