1st Gen's THE Classic Hot Rods of Diesels?

Well, it was Cummins who specifically built an engine for the truck, modified the truck to fit said engine, and ship it back to Chrysler so they could produce it.

here's mine
hoodstack016.jpg

hoodstack026.jpg

atsturbo013.jpg

Cummins did not build the B series specifically for use in a Dodge. Those engines were used in farm machinery, RV's, spotter trucks, medium and heavy duty trucks alike.

Nice looking trucks guys, keep 'em coming.

Cummins VE pumped engine got it's reputation around where i live by running levee pumps 24/7 at 2400 rpm for months and months at a time.

Dar

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

First one is my truck, second is my truck by the tranny donor, and the third is about the heaviest load my truck has had since I bought it. Yep...that's a whopping 4k lbs! ;)

Right now I have a slipping clutch, so that's pretty sweet, but on the bright side I finally killed the vibration that has plagued me since I swapped trannies.

No hot rod, but I've shown the tailgate to a few folks.

Last edited:
nope not from my neck of the woods ha ha, I'm from a small town and had it on for over a year, and been pulled over a few times and they haven't said a thing about it.

Im pretty sure the 5.9 cummins has been around since the late 70's in farm equipment. And i thought i saw something that said that that jack roush was the one that put the first cummins in a pickup for dodge as a concept/ test vehichle.

Heres a picture of my old iron. Usually it is on the trailer being pulled around by the race truck as a back up because the race truck pulls better and does better on fuel. But she has got me home several times. I ordered it and picked it up in Febuary of 93 my first cummins .

I think I ran into you at Scheids last year! You had the trailer behind the 93, and your race truck at the track. My dad and I were talking to you for a while there. Great looking trucks by the way! Both of them!

here's an update on my pile. chrome wheels are most current. they were off my 2nd gen. the 2nd gen looks better with black rims

if it doesnt sell im gunna do 'er up real nice :D and the stack will be bye bye.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: