1st Gen's THE Classic Hot Rods of Diesels?

my first gen.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

I enjoy driving this truck just as much or more than my 95 dually.

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!! I love these trucks!!! Like Timmay said I'd love to have one to fiddle with.

Here is mine.... The only thing that has changed since this pic is the wheels and tires
My91003.jpg

Here is my Fathers...
Carlisle2007016-1.jpg

You can't always judge a book by it's cover either.

Attachments

• first gen 001.jpg
    first gen 001.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 87
1st gens are light. don't need as much hp. don't break as much it seems. draggin another 1k is like goin uphill.

i was told 6 years ago that the 1/2 ton frame wouldnt handle the cummins. 30k and 5 years havent had to replace a front wheel bearing and no cracks in the frame. 1982 with 97 12 valve. 8.60 1/8, 60 ft. 1.90, 77 mi. per. hr. it is a daily driver. had to use slicks for those times. street tires useless.

Well since somebody dug this back up, here is my rolling turd.

Oh and if I can find pics of it, we built a 1/2 ton, reg. cab, short bed, CTD 5spd. '90 about 5 years ago. Painted it FJ6 Green Go with satin black hood, grille, and cowl panel. My buddy bought it and we swapped in a p-pump and several rears to get to where it's at now. Pretty cool when a VE-pump on a dry road at 60 mph in 5th gear will break the tires loose.

Attachments

• Resized Driver.jpg
    Resized Driver.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Resized Ass.jpg
    Resized Ass.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Dually.jpg
    Dually.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 27
Well since somebody dug this back up, here is my rolling turd.

Oh and if I can find pics of it, we built a 1/2 ton, reg. cab, short bed, CTD 5spd. '90 about 5 years ago. Painted it FJ6 Green Go with satin black hood, grille, and cowl panel. My buddy bought it and we swapped in a p-pump and several rears to get to where it's at now. Pretty cool when a VE-pump on a dry road at 60 mph in 5th gear will break the tires loose.

I saw that running around the summit a couple times......

AWESOME!!!!!

Tailpipe comes out the bumper or rollpan correct???

Heres a picture of my old iron. Usually it is on the trailer being pulled around by the race truck as a back up because the race truck pulls better and does better on fuel. But she has got me home several times. I ordered it and picked it up in Febuary of 93 my first cummins .

Attachments

• my 93.jpg
    my 93.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 84
I saw that running around the summit a couple times......

AWESOME!!!!!

Tailpipe comes out the bumper or rollpan correct???

It used to exit where the rollpan should have been with 5" tips. But now we put 7" black miter cuts on it. It's tore down now due to a broken cam, lots of boost and a stock headgasket.:eek:wned: Should be back out in the spring and maybe finally hit the 1/4 mile with it. I've been egging him on but he hasn't gone yet.

It used to exit where the rollpan should have been with 5" tips. But now we put 7" black miter cuts on it. It's tore down now due to a broken cam, lots of boost and a stock headgasket.:eek:wned: Should be back out in the spring and maybe finally hit the 1/4 mile with it. I've been egging him on but he hasn't gone yet.

I got a nice engine sitting around for sale thats just begging to be assembled and turned up :rockwoot: