1st Gen's THE Classic Hot Rods of Diesels?

100_0914.jpg

My 1992

Last edited:
hotrod, i dont know about that.are they? sure are sharp looking.i miss the wing window.and the tv comericalls of them dropping out of the sky.

hotrod, i dont know about that.are they? sure are sharp looking.i miss the wing window.and the tv comericalls of them dropping out of the sky.

What does that mean??? are you supposed to put up a copy of the titles and registrations up or something???

so, ill ask a question to you first gen guys...ive been considering buying a puller/street terror. 1st gens seem to be all over in my area cheap. whats the absolutel best year and y? also...whats required in a p pump swap...im no stranger to a tear down!

ccoxva your 92 looks exactly the same as my dads 92. if i had a pic i would post it.. but i will take one this weekend.

so, ill ask a question to you first gen guys...ive been considering buying a puller/street terror. 1st gens seem to be all over in my area cheap. whats the absolutel best year and y? also...whats required in a p pump swap...im no stranger to a tear down!

The '92 and '93 trucks have a bigger frame than the other years. I believe all 1 tons have the same frame, which is what the '92 and '93 3/4 tons have. As far as the P-Pump swap, it is cheaper and easier to just get a 2nd Gen engine and swap it in, rather than just the pump.

BNA my black one or the white one??? Dont matter though would love to see pics of it either way!! Gotta love the first gens.

your white one.. thats a sharp truck. it looks like my dads truck with my wheels on it. his needs re-painted but is in good shape. itll be a cell phone pic but it'll have to do.

Here is a picture of my 92 Dodge that is mainly a pulling truck and a weekend driver.

Dually speed u have confused the hell outa me??? But thats ok thanks for the compliment.

Here is my 2wd dually pulling my drag truck. Its all stock till this weekend hopefully.
0620091726.jpg
[/IMG]

appreciate it, I wish mine had a paint job like your black one. Mine looks good till you get up close to it, alot of dents and missing paint. If I ever get it where will stay together for a good while I might paint it:doh:

I'd say 1st Gen's are definitely classics. Not only that, they're saviors.

Before the Cummins came along as an option, the Dodge truck brand's annual sales were only around 20,000 (250's and 350's). Once the Cummins became an option in '89 annual sales increased to the 60,000 - 70,000 unit area. And of course, sales went higher and higher from there.

The black one is not so good anymore after a lady pulled out in front of me while I was pullin a trailer with a load of logs.Didnt work out too well.