2.5 legal charger

So they aren't looking for 3" compressor wheels behind the groove.

What does your rules say on plug size or ruling? Woth ours saying 2.550 plug almost any 64mm is legal

You have to take into consideration of the gap between the wheel and cover. The s464 may not pass tech after a hot run due to the cover expanding with heat. I have a billet s464 wheel. It's a 6-blade unit that measures 63.5/97.9mm as the stock cast wheel is a 7-blade that measures 63.5/91.4

Doing some research, I kept hearing of a billet wheel measuring 63.5/110, but can't seem to find it.

If you can run a clipped wheel why is the class even around?

You have to take into consideration of the gap between the wheel and cover. The s464 may not pass tech after a hot run due to the cover expanding with heat. I have a billet s464 wheel. It's a 6-blade unit that measures 63.5/97.9mm as the stock cast wheel is a 7-blade that measures 63.5/91.4

Doing some research, I kept hearing of a billet wheel measuring 63.5/110, but can't seem to find it.

Blade count on the compressor wheel will affect its width by a little, but in the 2.5 class you will be measured using a plug that if it fits into the inducer bore, you will be dq'ed.

Where did you find your wheel at?

If you can run a clipped wheel why is the class even around?

If there is a MWE groove, it can be manipulated to create an advantage. And don't be fooled, there are turbos passing tech that have a wheel larger than 63.5mm.

That's my point, why have a miniature 2.6. People need to put the big boy pants on and go to 2.6. Then the rules need to be damn clear and prevent this. The whole reason 2.5 is around is have a middle of the road class. It almost needs to be true bore. No MWE groove. Even a exducer rule. At this point the only cost difference is the W/A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I know the class is 2.5 but with a 2.55 in mm is 64.77 so my question is why can't you run a standard 64mm ?

The borg warner s364mm wheel measures 64.5 and that's not including the 1mm air gap, so that puts you at 65.5mm, plus that measurement can increase do to heat expansion. If there is no MWE groove, then that cancels almost every turbos out there for out trucks, or did you mean MWE modifications?

I mean the whole grove. Send the cover out, weld it up and recut the bore. Makes it a true class. Keep the power under 1000 or even 800. Why have this class if you still don't limit anything

That's my point, why have a miniature 2.6. People need to put the big boy pants on and go to 2.6. Then the rules need to be damn clear and prevent this. The whole reason 2.5 is around is have a middle of the road class. It almost needs to be true bore. No MWE groove. Even a exducer rule. At this point the only cost difference is the W/A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly why I think 2.5 should be limited to s300/ small frame chargers

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

They are not strong enough. I still like s4

I disagree with them not being "strong enough". Yes They aren't as durable as a s400. I've seen them live in a couple 600-700hp street pulling trucks spraying the balls off of them. Plus drag strip on the weekend Also

phone

Exactly why I think 2.5 should be limited to s300/ small frame chargers

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Starting to think this is what should have happened from the get go in order to keep things under control. Hind sight is 20/20.

Has anyone talked to Harts to have an idea on what there's is gonna be? Or if they even are building one

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk