2.5 turbo rule

Far less assuming than you may think.

So BOB, I(ndiana)TPA, COTPC have adopted the SRW?

Other than the outlaws(which in my opinion doesn't have a huge representation of 2.6 ) who has accepted the SRW rule?

BOB, ITPA, and COTPC)plenty of ring and pinions and axles broke by trucks in that class) already had the MWE placement that I have heard that the PPL has since made clarifications on.

Yeah but if you drop the 2.6 what will the rules be for 2.5? Will it be WS or 2.5? Will you still be allowed A/W and dual CP3/ag pumps? The way I see it if you drop 2.6 you will carry same rules down to 2.5 just smaller inducer. I feel that's at least what will happen.

I ran 2.5/WS all year with basically no breakage at all. I like that class but there just aren't enough venues in this area for it. SMTTPA and MOARK are the only associations in MO area that have that class. If we go pull with MO State or Mid MO we get our a$$ handed to us.

I don't see hood stacks and Air/water being allowed in the 2.5 classes. Also from the NADM rules they have put a turbine housing restriction on the turbos.

Dan, did you miss where I said one of two methods?

Possibly, lol.

ITPA, BOB, and COTPC already had the MWE restriction, and pretty sure ITPA didn't adopt the SRW rule, and neither did PPL, not sure about BOB or COTPC.

I am assuming
1. MWE placement restriction
2. SRW rule enacted.

Were the assumptions wrong?

Last edited:
Outlaw will go with a single tire rule, PPL needs to add an MWE location to their rules since they failed to do so twice now. Knowing the way things go, the organizations out East will probably go open rear before they drop a tire, just to be different(difficult). However, if the Outlaws can show other groups that the single tire is effective both in reduction of breakage and cost effective, it may be an option considered by more people next year.

Runner intakes in the itpa I hear are illegal trying to keep people from dropping down also so that's thousands in a head they lose also!!

I'm building for 2.4 class. Seems the 2.8 guys dropped to 2.6, and those will drop to 2.5. I'm ahead of the curve.

Does anyone know what b.o.b decided Saturday night. I never heard

It's true 2.5, they said they will want people to notify them if they had something that they think should be changed. Since this is just a "draft" but most likely gonna be it. I just wonder what the wording about the s400 max size means, its kinda confusing. Sorry about the crappy pic. It's from my phone since they didn't have copies to pass out. They said they will add them on the net in the next few days.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355109189519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355109189519.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's true 2.5, they said they will want people to notify them if they had something that they think should be changed. Since this is just a "draft" but most likely gonna be it. I just wonder what the wording about the s400 max size means, its kinda confusing. Sorry about the crappy pic. It's from my phone since they didn't have copies to pass out. They said they will add them on the net in the next few days.

Ok thanks Ben. I have been searching all day for them lol

Hah yeah I'm waiting for them to post them also so I can sit down and really look it over too. Btw its gonna be an 8000# class with a 24in max hitch height. Both of which I have no problem with. Should make it less bumpy on ****ty tracks having a lower hitch I think.?

That's the issue people need to keep sh!t true bore. Don't ruin a class with a billion charger rules. Keep it simple