2.5 turbo rule

I have a guy i pull with regualy, we pull the same wether his duals are on or singles and in all track conditions, just seems silly to make that rule cuz that will prob run off more people and taking it away as an entry level class

If duals aren't an advantage then why do I never ever see SRW trucks at the big sled pulling events??? In fact I've been seeing a few with DRW's on the front.

I guess you should have bought a dually LOL

When I set out to get a pulling truck I picked the truck that would give me the most advantage. Next thing is going to be regular cab only trucks.

I run 33 12.50 on mine

A work stock truck is not a dedicated pulling truck. If your picking a truck specifically to pull work stock and trailer it into every event IMO your pulling in the wrong class. Also what's the deal with trucks having to be factory DW trucks to run duels? That means i have to start from scratch and buy a new truck.

Me and one other guy I know of are the only ones who drive our trucks every day in bob. All the rest are pulling trucks only. This is no street class. Half the trucks have a built motor. Right now its hard to consider it an entry level class. Only way I could see it as that is because there's not another class. Imo which it won't ever be... But I'd like to see the 2.6 get 2.8-3.0 chargers. Ws bumped up to a true 2.5 class. And add a workstock stock class the same rules as before without hanging weight.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

A work stock truck is not a dedicated pulling truck. If your picking a truck specifically to pull work stock and trailer it into every event IMO your pulling in the wrong class. Also what's the deal with trucks having to be factory DW trucks to run duels? That means i have to start from scratch and buy a new truck.

I thought you was discussing a 2.5 class not a WS class. Here in MO they are both in the same so I did buy a truck for 2.5. Yes I trailer mine there so that I don't wear out the tires and if I break something I can haul it home. It's my choice to run in whatever class I want. Mine has license and insurance and all the stock equipment. Hell the a/c even blows cold! You can drive it everyday but I choose not to because I have 3 other dually trucks I can drive.

I'm going to 2.6 next year just because I want more choices of where I can pull because the 2.5 class isn't very popular here. We are changing our rules next year where if you plan to run duals you have to put on fenders at least.

We went to Beans a couple of weeks ago and ended up 5th. There were 2 SRW trucks ahead of us and one was a regular cab.

I just don't understand wanting to restrict tire size if you run duals. Everyone can run them so either join them or don't.

Then you have IN that lets you run dual CP3's in WS-2.5......................:nail:

I've seen this a couple times too. Stupidest thing I've ever seen IMO but in theory I guess it makes sense that it would work?

I'm the first to admit I pushed the rules to max but never cheated once. It's a competition and if you want to win you have to take advantage of everything you can.

I never ran duals on the front, I'm not that hillbilly.........

Im confused... u want only true work stock trucks in this class yet are complaining about not getting to run duals with out a dually bed?????? Unless i misunderstood you???

Who run duals on a SRW truck down the road...i dont know of any state where thats legal.

This is a 2.5 class not a starter class. Make it simple set a hitch height and make sure chargers are 2.5 or smaller and go.

Last edited:
I've seen a few..... Or maybe they blew a tire and exploded the fender..... LOL

Lol have seen a tire eat a fender. Had one even show up at work missing a fender funniest lookin truck ever

Im confused... u want only true work stock trucks in this class yet are complaining about not getting to run duals with out a dually bed?????? Unless i misunderstood you???

Who run duals on a SRW truck down the road...i dont know of any state where thats legal.

This is a 2.5 class not a starter class. Make it simple set a hitch height and make sure chargers are 2.5 or smaller and go.

From a few of the post here this evening I think you guys have a different concept of what "work stock" and a 2.5 class is. In Indiana its all the same. They say stock appearing charger in the rules, but when you get there they say its a 2.5" inducer limit. I protested a truck and the tech guys determined the winner had a s366 but he concluded that everyone else was cheating so he was going to let it slide. I was running an s363 and talked to the tech guy before hand and he told me since I was running an aftermarket charger that I needed to run hot street...boy did I learn quick how this game works.

If 2.5 is not a starter class then why can't a SRW truck run duals? What advantage does a SRW truck running duals have over a traditional DRW truck? O its not street legal? But we have already determined most competitive trucks aren't street legal anyways.

Why is anything more than turbo getting limited ? Don't bog a class down with rules

Why is anything more than turbo getting limited ? Don't bog a class down with rules

If you limit the turbo to limit the HP, then alot of the other things don't matter as much. Some folks are complaining about the 2.6 class needing an SRW rule. I don't know if SRW is the solution or not, however something needs to be done, that much HP through an OEM driveline will continue to to break parts on good tracks....

There was early talk of limiting to a t3 footprint to limit power. Which I think it just stupid, todays turbos you'll get about a 15 horse limit doing that. It will just lack the reliability of an t4, and in the long run be more expensive. Thoughts?

There was early talk of limiting to a t3 footprint to limit power. Which I think it just stupid, todays turbos you'll get about a 15 horse limit doing that. It will just lack the reliability of an t4, and in the long run be more expensive. Thoughts?

Yep, just adds cost to making a custom turbo, I do believe that a t4 limit is a good idea.

Shouldn't rules be making the playing field level? If there's DRW factory trucks pulling, why can't a fleet side do it? If anything, this will help durability. Hopefully some people dabbling into 2.5 will switch from D70 to DRW D80. If a stock truck can run six tires I see no reason why his competitor cannot.

From a few of the post here this evening I think you guys have a different concept of what "work stock" and a 2.5 class is. In Indiana its all the same. They say stock appearing charger in the rules, but when you get there they say its a 2.5" inducer limit. I protested a truck and the tech guys determined the winner had a s366 but he concluded that everyone else was cheating so he was going to let it slide. I was running an s363 and talked to the tech guy before hand and he told me since I was running an aftermarket charger that I needed to run hot street...boy did I learn quick how this game works.

If 2.5 is not a starter class then why can't a SRW truck run duals? What advantage does a SRW truck running duals have over a traditional DRW truck? O its not street legal? But we have already determined most competitive trucks aren't street legal anyways.

I was going off your post i quoted previously where you stated these trucks shouldn't be trailered in. I am all for drw on a srw truck as thats what im doing. My point was u dont want these trucks trailered in but if u have drw on a srw bed around here ud have to trailer it.