2.5 turbo rule

Whoever posted the comment about the springs being notched, has no idea how the suspension setup works on pulling trucks. The springs are for the most part cosmetic. They are not carrying any weight.
The dual wheel rule had to be changed in Indiana this year becase the shop that put the rules together built a truck with a dual wheel setup that didn't meet their own rules.
When calling the 2.5 class an entry level class, you can look at what it cost to be competitive and make your own decision:
3,000 turbo
2,500 rods
2,500 heads
5,000 trans and converter
1,000 e locker
1,000 driveshaft
3,000 axles and pinion
500 efi live
1,000 intercooler
1,000 injectors
3,000 dual fuelers
500 fass system
1,500 wheels and tires
1,000 head studs
That puts you at $26,500 and that still not enough to get you a win in central Indiana. I wouldn't be suprised if it wouldn't take 5-10,000 more to get in the top 5. Everybody has a different opinion of what entry level class is.

Have that problem around here. No traction bars, no blocked suspension. NOw they have a guy who built a truck and it didn't meet those rules or the 3.0 rules so those got mysteriously dropped mid-season.

Whoever posted the comment about the springs being notched, has no idea how the suspension setup works on pulling trucks. The springs are for the most part cosmetic. They are not carrying any weight.
The dual wheel rule had to be changed in Indiana this year becase the shop that put the rules together built a truck with a dual wheel setup that didn't meet their own rules.
When calling the 2.5 class an entry level class, you can look at what it cost to be competitive and make your own decision:
3,000 turbo
2,500 rods
2,500 heads
1,000 e locker
1,000 driveshaft
3,000 axles and pinion
500 efi live
1,000 intercooler
1,000 injectors
3,000 dual fuelers
500 fass system
1,500 wheels and tires
1,000 head studs
That puts you at $26,500 and that still not enough to get you a win in central Indiana. I wouldn't be suprised if it wouldn't take 5-10,000 more to get in the top 5. Everybody has a different opinion of what entry level class is.

The dual wheel and dual pump rule was changed in the fleece rules because itpa made their rules that and there was no reason to have 2 different sets of rules in the same state.... All the Fleece dodges have dually beds anyway...

Whoever posted the comment about the springs being notched, has no idea how the suspension setup works on pulling trucks.

I thought one of the points of this class was that these trucks were to be "daily drivers" or at least capable of it.

I thought one of the points of this class was that these trucks were to be "daily drivers" or at least capable of it.

Drove mine to the pull since it was only about 12 miles away then drove it about 80 miles after. AC on and cruise set and its a 2.5 truck. I could drive it everyday if I wanted but I drive an SRT4 Neon because it gets 30 mpg and runs pretty good.

But my question is; how do you plan to tech if the head has been ported in a timely manner?

As for a timely manner, yes that can be an issue, but i've seen complete engines disassembled during protest before. Some took 3hrs or so, altho they were all done at the end of the event.

Checking the intake side wouldn't be so bad. Just pull the intake horn/elbow and use a mechanics/snake camera. If the protestee wants to challenge the techs decision, then we can take it even further by removing the entire intake manifold or intake plate, or even remove the head and a valve if they would like. yes all of this would take time, but ask a tech official we do everything we can to make the right call in this type of situation. The first thing any engine builder is going to work on first is the valve guide and bowl area plus deburring and polishing of the runners, and all of that could be easily found. The exhaust side would take a while longer to remove the manifold, but could be done in less than an hour in most cases.

... Maybe for a cummins but how long for a dmax or Ford?

Come out of the cummins bubble a sec. You have to think about the other makes & models.

I would mind the exhaust side being ported because the gains are marginal. The intake however should be stock. A mechanics snake stuck into the intake horn will be able to tell.

Have that problem around here. No traction bars, no blocked suspension. NOw they have a guy who built a truck and it didn't meet those rules or the 3.0 rules so those got mysteriously dropped mid-season.

you better start reading, they are still in the rules. as to the truck you are reffering to, ill just take a guess cuz you have complained about him before, he meets the stock rules that are there. 2.6 turbo. stop whining about it, cuz he has spent the money on his truck, the rules didnt chang mid season, hell the havent change in 3 or for years. and the only thing that have change since then was going from 2.8 to 2.6.

Problem 1, whos rules are the going by? the county fair rules or are club rules? you have to know that first.

problem 2, nobody is teching stock trucks worth a crap. and when you do you have crybaby whiney azzez all pizzed off. some even have thier parents go around with the rule book and point out thing on other peoples trucks.

3,000 turbo
2,500 rods
2,500 heads
1,000 e locker
1,000 driveshaft
3,000 axles and pinion
500 efi live
1,000 intercooler
1,000 injectors
3,000 dual fuelers
500 fass system
1,500 wheels and tires
1,000 head studs

Highlighted in red. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. That is all.

The appeal of no hanging weight visually is there, but it just complicates adding weight and increases the grey area of doing so. Simple, allow hanging weight, no weight boxes.

So let me get this straight. You say no duals period, not even on dually's, hanging weight allowed but no weight boxes, because these rules will decrease grey areas and be less complicated?

So far the only thing I agree with that you've said is if someone does run duals limit them the 265mm tires. That'll bring it close to even between singles and duals. As far as hanging weight, either way I could car less, but saying no weight boxes makes no sense at all to me. What's the advantage of having a box versus standard suitcase weights? I don't care if it's suitcase weights, feathers. puppy dogs, concrete blocks or a weightbox full of whatever, if it's a maximum of 60" from the front axle centerline and the truck is below 8000lbs whats it matter?

you better start reading, they are still in the rules. as to the truck you are reffering to, ill just take a guess cuz you have complained about him before, he meets the stock rules that are there. 2.6 turbo. stop whining about it, cuz he has spent the money on his truck, the rules didnt chang mid season, hell the havent change in 3 or for years. and the only thing that have change since then was going from 2.8 to 2.6.

Problem 1, whos rules are the going by? the county fair rules or are club rules? you have to know that first.

problem 2, nobody is teching stock trucks worth a crap. and when you do you have crybaby whiney azzez all pizzed off. some even have thier parents go around with the rule book and point out thing on other peoples trucks.

I asked one of the ISP board members about it. He said that rule was old and no longer enforced. Now if someone complained, they would have me take it off.

2.6 turbo yes, stock suspension? :umno:

So let me get this straight. You say no duals period, not even on dually's, hanging weight allowed but no weight boxes, because these rules will decrease grey areas and be less complicated?

So far the only thing I agree with that you've said is if someone does run duals limit them the 265mm tires. That'll bring it close to even between singles and duals. As far as hanging weight, either way I could car less, but saying no weight boxes makes no sense at all to me. What's the advantage of having a box versus standard suitcase weights? I don't care if it's suitcase weights, feathers. puppy dogs, concrete blocks or a weightbox full of whatever, if it's a maximum of 60" from the front axle centerline and the truck is below 8000lbs whats it matter?

That's because weight boxes become homes to batteries, fuel cells, water injection reservoirs etc. Hanging keeps it fair and simple. Grey areas are better of dealt with before the class is started.

That's because weight boxes become homes to batteries, fuel cells, water injection reservoirs etc. Hanging keeps it fair and simple. Grey areas are better of dealt with before the class is started.

All things that are very easily teched and require little time to check for while the hood is already up while the turbo is being teched. And water injection is not a grey area, it's cheating. I can very easily set batteries on a weight bracket also. It just needs to be in the rules like most organizations have, batteries must be located behind the core support and not in the drivers compartment.

I'm all for this class, I'm building a truck for this class since I sold the 2.6 puller. I just want it simple and the rules to match other organizations so we can travel and not have to constantly be changing to meet another organizations rules.

3,000 turbo
2,500 rods
2,500 heads
1,000 e locker
1,000 driveshaft
3,000 axles and pinion
500 efi live
1,000 intercooler
1,000 injectors
3,000 dual fuelers
500 fass system
1,500 wheels and tires
1,000 head studs

Seriously this makes me laugh!

What's the advantage of having a box versus standard suitcase weights? I don't care if it's suitcase weights, feathers. puppy dogs, concrete blocks or a weightbox full of whatever, if it's a maximum of 60" from the front axle centerline and the truck is below 8000lbs whats it matter?

I see it like the air/water intercoolers, there were no rules on them in the 2.6" class, people started using them without much being said about it, they now allow the 97-99mm turbine chargers to be used as successfully as they are.

There is no advantage either way, the real question is; why should they be allowed? Many have complained about the asthetics of this class, do we really need to see weight boxes on these trucks?

The same can be said about the visual between single and dual tires. You don't agree with what I say, so do you think a single 35" tire on a dual chassis looks less "appropriate" for this class than dual 35" tires with a fleetside bed?

The same can be said about the visual between single and dual tires. You don't agree with what I say, so do you think a single 35" tire on a dual chassis looks less "appropriate" for this class than dual 35" tires with a fleetside bed?

I didn't explain myself very well on this. Factory single rear wheel truck can't run duals, max tire of 35". Factory dual rear wheel trucks can run dual, Max 265mm tires or a single 35" tire.

they now allow the 97-99mm turbine chargers to be used as successfully as they are.

What would you suggest be the limit on the turbine side to work with the different engines out there if the compressor side isn't enough. Of would you have different limits for each brand/style of engine?

Back