2.5 turbo rule

You can only limit the tires to duals or singles, not whether they were factory equipped. You complain that these trucks are not street driven, then in the next breath say a single tire on a dual chassis doesn't look "streetish"...this is ironic. Is a fleetside box with dual 35" tires more "streetish"?

Last edited:
I don't put 300 miles on the truck I drive everyday in 2 weeks....... So that won't work either. I guess I could put my puller on my lift every week and let it sit there and run with the tires spinning.

Last edited:
Well then make a rule that a SRW can run a wider tire all the way around than a dually and that should help even things up. I agree things are so far out of hand and every place you go have different rules. It works that way in gassers and tractors but it would be nice to get majority of the associations all on the same page. You're not going to make everyone happy but rules are rules and if you want to pull then you follow or go do something else.

The 102" track rule is ok. I think if you stay with a 2.5 no step, t4, the dually would be ok. I mean what is the max HP that a 2.5 truck has made with no injectables? 850HP?

Well then make a rule that a SRW can run a wider tire all the way around than a dually and that should help even things up.

Why overcomplicate the solution? Since you mentioned it, how many gas pulling trucks or tractors run duals?

That is a little different world. If you want to follow them then everyone will have to go buy Reg Cab SRW trucks and I don't see that since 80% of the diesels that pull are ext or 4 door trucks.

Due to weight restrictions, but again, on the tire subject, how many?

It is no where near a street class already around here. That's why I said add the street stock class aswell as this class. Everyone trailers there truck in to the pulls and most of them are dedicated pullers already in our stock turbo class. If this 2.5 is gonna be our "street class" as you make it sound, no body is gonna come to town with there real street truck and want to hook. They will make an embarrassment out of there selfs and quit. We need an entry level, 2.5 and a big class.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Why does everyone cry and moan about a truck being trailered. Most of the pulls I go to are over an hour away. I'm not going to drive the truck and wear out STSs, put blocks in adjust air pressure. Then if you break your really screwed. I have pictures plowing snow and hooked to the gooseneck if you don't think its a street truck. 2.5 works pretty good the way the Fleece and ITPA rules read. If you want to pull in the stock turbo class there's that option too. Has anyone ever seen stock trucks pull its like watching paint dry.

You can only limit the tires to duals or singles, not whether they were factory equipped. You complain that these trucks are not street driven, then in the next breath say a single tire on a dual chassis doesn't look "streetish"...this is ironic. Is a fleetside box with dual 35" tires more "streetish"?

I was being sarcastic. Because I am for weight hanging and everyone's arguement against it is that it does not look streetish. Sorry I should have put an lol smiley after the post. Any fleet side bed with duals is not factory. I don't think punishing drw trucks, I think limiting a srw truck to a srw is okay. But its not the end of the world if they allow it. Hell I just bought front tires to run In a dually setup. Doesn't bug me if I can't use them. Also I said dually wheels. Not the tires. Running a Huge spacer with very wide wheels was what I was getting at would be nice to limit. There should be a track width limit just for that reason.

Are people concerned they can't get an 8000lb truck to hook up on a single tire? Only logical reason as cost is only of concern when making the rules, not when adhering to them.

Why does everyone cry and moan about a truck being trailered. Most of the pulls I go to are over an hour away. I'm not going to drive the truck and wear out STSs, put blocks in adjust air pressure. Then if you break your really screwed. I have pictures plowing snow and hooked to the gooseneck if you don't think its a street truck. 2.5 works pretty good the way the Fleece and ITPA rules read. If you want to pull in the stock turbo class there's that option too. Has anyone ever seen stock trucks pull its like watching paint dry.

I missed this post. I agree. I know I'm just beating the dead horse, but bringing it in on a trailer makes it not look like a street truck. And that's the only reason people are against hanging weights. I am totally for trailering in, I trailer mine. Everyone knows this is not a entry level class. Since its not an entry level, you should therefore be allowed hanging weights. Would anyone load a pic of how you indy boys hang weights? I'm just curious what kind of setup it is.

Remove the 2.6 class. Bring back the 2.8/3.0 split class. 2.8 charger, factory driveline, 8000lb can run with 3.0 charger, ODL, 7500lb. That class worked well last year. The 2.6 trucks would have to jump up, but could choose whether they wanted to run their current driveline setups or go ODL. Then you could run a true street class and 2.5.

This discussion is going nowhere. Everybody have there own opinion on what the rules should be. What should be done is ask the guys that pull in that class at your events, and ask them to make the rules. They should have an idea of what they want to see and what they don't want to see in there class. Thats what we did for DCTPA and it works.

This discussion is going nowhere. Everybody have there own opinion on what the rules should be. What should be done is ask the guys that pull in that class at your events, and ask them to make the rules. They should have an idea of what they want to see and what they don't want to see in there class. Thats what we did for DCTPA and it works.

I agree with this. The guys with KOTTPA have modified thier rules for the past 4 years to keep up with the other organizations so that other trucks from other organizations could come and pull with them, but only a very very few times they got one or 2 trucks to pull that wasn't regular paid members. When we did the switch to protruded 2.6 to keep up with the rest of the nation, we lost half of the class because of the cost to be competitive. Basically I'm tired of catering modifieing our rules to let others pull. They haven't increased in members, and probably not going to, so whats the point. Make the rules to fit what the local and more dedicated drivers want, not the rest of the country.

Making the class area exclusive will kill it's chances to be held conistently on a larger venue, and giving the pullers what they want is why the 2.6" class turned out how it did. And the protrusion rule is why the KOTTPA lost members, it did not restrict the power but only increased the cost in both 2.6" and 3.0" on a national level.

The way I see it this class really isn't restricted much, it allows you to have a good amount of power that can be attained at a lower cost. The only arguement to the single tire I am hearing is because guys don't want to run a single tire. This is solved very easily, you could make a decision; run a single rear tire, or buy a protrusion charger and an air/water.

This isn't a street class, this isn't work stock, but it could gain popularity very quickly while retaining a set of rules that are easy to tech. Or, end up with the same response as the 2.6" class 2yrs from now;

3p5r9t.jpg

Last edited:
With it being limited to a 2.5 charger, I dont see why a 35 single couldn't hook up just fine. With good setup. 800 hp shouldn't need duals. I fully agree weston, this would be a good entry class for sure.

How is 800hp an entry level class.... ppl need to stop calling it entry level...a true entry level is stock. Make it easy to tech. Just get a 2.5plug and go, no air to water allow hanging wieghts and duals if u guys say u dont need them fine dont run them but let the guy that wants to , there ya go. I dont know one person who goes to a pull with their truley stock truck and expects to win. They go just to say they did and beat thier beat their buddys truck.

Around here we average 30-50 trucks in the workstock 2.5 class the only ones that have problems and turn pullers away are the ones that allow no wieght and get picky on set ups

DHRA Indy Nationals 2.5" Class

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBSEPcUz4Vk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBSEPcUz4Vk[/ame]

This is the standard, this is why multiple organizations need to get on the same wave length with the 2.5" class, so that trucks from several states can compete at national level, televised events. These are not $100,000 2.6" pulling trucks, these are mostly farm trucks with a couple major mods... The best part is there are a couple Haisley/SMT Machine built trucks that pull 2.5" with all the fuel in the world in there pimped out P-pumps, and yet they still are not anything special on race day. The three minute P-Pump Spooler is a little proof that pouring the fuel to it, dont mean its gonna make HP.

By the way, for those following along at home that are unaware. The Rules were the Fleece/ITPA 2.5" Package.

Caleb

Last edited: