2.5 turbo rule

Plus I don't think it would be very road worthy driving around with a solid front bumper weighing 1400 do you? Driving around with that much of suitcase weights in the bed is bad enough.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

We need an entry level, 2.5 and a big class.

dafuq? Sooo you dont see a need for 2.6 or 3.0? Remember these are the largest classes throughout each state which most build the trucks to compete at a national level i.e Ts, Scheid which dont acomodate workstock,2.5 etc rather 2.6 and 3.0...I dont see why you would not want those classes, seems like taking a step back IMO

It is no where near a street class already around here. That's why I said add the street stock class aswell as this class. Everyone trailers there truck in to the pulls and most of them are dedicated pullers already in our stock turbo class. If this 2.5 is gonna be our "street class" as you make it sound, no body is gonna come to town with there real street truck and want to hook. They will make an embarrassment out of there selfs and quit. We need an entry level, 2.5 and a big class.

Most of the guys that pull with us drop their underbumper weight racks down and drive their trucks.... one guy pulls his boat a few of the others just play around with them... The idea is to still have a fun street truck too... which I know most guys that pull up here still go play on the street....

Plus I don't think it would be very road worthy driving around with a solid front bumper weighing 1400 do you? Driving around with that much of suitcase weights in the bed is bad enough.

I drove Jordan Kindermans (Some may know the name, Silver 06 5.9, Mega flares and duals, raised quit a stink in Preble Co, Ohio...) Truck home from a pull in full pullng garb, ballast and all, over 30 miles... It rode and handled fine.

No hanging weight is a visual and Mechanical distinction from 2.6, it demonstrates a progression of classes. Stock trucks, no duals on non dual trucks, no hanging weight. 2.5: Duals, more HP than Stock, normal exhaust. 2.6: Weight boxes, duals, water to air, hood stacks. 3.0: open drive line, weight boxes, duals, water to air, hood stacks. Modified: cut tires, tube chassis, weight boxes......

Tho 2.5" is a pulling truck class, its still a street class. The majority of the trucks pulling can still easily be street driven. Not the case with 2.6"

Get it?

Caleb

dafuq? Sooo you dont see a need for 2.6 or 3.0? Remember these are the largest classes throughout each state which most build the trucks to compete at a national level i.e Ts, Scheid which dont acomodate workstock,2.5 etc rather 2.6 and 3.0...I dont see why you would not want those classes, seems like taking a step back IMO

Big class would be 3.0 or stay 2.6... 2.6 has air to water, that's alone makes a big jump in horsepower. Reread what I said, its not posted that I think you need to kill off 2.6 or 3.0

Last edited:
Most of the guys that pull with us drop their underbumper weight racks down and drive their trucks.... one guy pulls his boat a few of the others just play around with them... The idea is to still have a fun street truck too... which I know most guys that pull up here still go play on the street....

I daily drive my tuck, pull it, race it. I promise you its much easier to remove weight off a rack (which is cheap to build) than from under neath a bumper. A truck with a removable rack around here is seen more often than whatever kind of cow catcher bumper you guys need to make to gross out.

Big class would be 3.0 or stay 2.6... 2.6 has air to water, that's alone makes a big jump in horsepower. Reread what I said, its not posted that I think you need to kill off 2.6 or 3.0
Gotcha, biggest problem I can think of is all of those classes will make for a long night.

I daily drive my tuck, pull it, race it. I promise you its much easier to remove weight off a rack (which is cheap to build) than from under neath a bumper. A truck with a removable rack around here is seen more often than whatever kind of cow catcher bumper you guys need to make to gross out.

Agreed, Some of he Indiana trucks I have seen had a under belly skid plate/weight rack looking deal - most have the stock bumper.

I am of the opinion unless something changes in the current 2.6 rules that class will be done in 2014 at the national level. The HP is too great for the drivelines, it will fall the way of 2.8. Folks will go up to 3.0 or down to 2.5, as they are tired of or don't have the funds to put ring and pinions and or axles in the truck multiple times a year.

The 2.5 is a good beginner class. This is my first year of pulling and that's where I started. It would take me another 20k to jump to 2.6 and be competitive. When you make that step it's time to put a lot of money inside the motor just so that it will handle the additional hp. 2.5 (work stock) is a bolt on class in my mind. There are street trucks out here that are way more hp than me. A 2.5 inducer there is only so much HP you can make. No hanging weights! I look at as street stock in the gasser world. Most are dedicated pullers but are street legal. I haul my 2.5 truck to every pull in case I break something and to try and keep from wearing out my tires. I'll drive it around town some and drive it to pull diesel in it. It's 100% licensed and street legal unlike 95% of the 2.6 trucks. I think they should allow water injection and dual tires. Mine is a factory dually and lots of street trucks have water on them. I say no to air/water intercoolers because that is just not something you would see on a street truck. Dual pumps I'm on the fence. That is just my 2 cents on a class that I compete in now. If I go pull against 2.6 trucks like I did last week I beat a couple but most are 25-35 feet ahead of me. I would love to stay in my class if we could get enough trucks to pull and some bigger pulls would have the class. I'm thinking of going to 2.6 next year just so I can pull more places. I like to win but this is my hobby and I enjoy going win or lose...........

Last edited:
I am of the opinion unless something changes in the current 2.6 rules that class will be done in 2014 at the national level. The HP is too great for the drivelines, it will fall the way of 2.8. Folks will go up to 3.0 or down to 2.5, as they are tired of or don't have the funds to put ring and pinions and or axles in the truck multiple times a year.

I agree. Because of the driveline, it would be cheaper to pull 3.0.

Like I said....street stock, 2.5, 3.0.
2.6 trucks would make the same power as 3.0 trucks with a charger change except they would stay together.

Right not I pull pretty much a stock VP truck in Western NY. I have always wanted a 2.6 but just don't have the funds to build one. A limited 2.5 class would be great for me. More power than our work stock class but no one to complain. If I were to build a 2.5 truck now all hell would break loose.

My suggestion would be to limit the turbo with no MWE and no clipped wheels, stock apearing pump (aren't 13mm pumps different in apearance?), air to air (maybe no chager cooler at all?), tire limit both width and diameter, suspension travel limit, hitch limit, no injectables, all ballast rear of the cab, maybe even an RPM limit. I know the RPM limit has been discussed, but in my area there is a tractor class that limits most of this and is pretty close class between tractors.

I don't know much at all about common rails, so I can't comment on the dual CP3's.

I am of the opinion unless something changes in the current 2.6 rules that class will be done in 2014 at the national level.

Too many 2.6's out there for that. Look at the big pulls. 2-3 times the number of 2.6 trucks vs. 3.0 trucks. Lot's of folks have moved from 3.0 to 2.6, also.

Too many 2.6's out there for that. Look at the big pulls. 2-3 times the number of 2.6 trucks vs. 3.0 trucks. Lot's of folks have moved from 3.0 to 2.6, also.

Look what 2.8 used to be. Big numbers now, but several in the class have set the bar extremely high(kudos to them for their hardwork) and are replacing multiple ring and pinions, and high dollar axles. 2 things

1. Folks get tired of getting it handed to them, and will drop to a 2.5(just like some of the folks dropped from 2.8 to 2.6)
2. Folks get tired of working on the truck every weekend because they can't keep the driveline in it.

Besides the bandit who has moved from 3.0 to 2.6? Most of the 3.0 trucks I know have an ODL in them.

Last edited:

Cow catcher bumper huh?? You must not pay much attention... they all have stock bumpers... *bdh**bdh*

Also is there anything easy about sled pulling... I would rather slide a jack under my truck and lower the weight down apposed to slinging weight off a rack...

The 2.5 is a good beginner class. This is my first year of pulling and that's where I started. It would take me another 20k to jump to 2.6 and be competitive. When you make that step it's time to put a lot of money inside the motor just so that it will handle the additional hp. 2.5 (work stock) is a bolt on class in my mind. There are street trucks out here that are way more hp than me. A 2.5 inducer there is only so much HP you can make. No hanging weights! I look at as street stock in the gasser world. Most are dedicated pullers but are street legal. I haul my 2.5 truck to every pull in case I break something and to try and keep from wearing out my tires. I'll drive it around town some and drive it to pull diesel in it. It's 100% licensed and street legal unlike 95% of the 2.6 trucks. I think they should allow water injection and dual tires. Mine is a factory dually and lots of street trucks have water on them. I say no to air/water intercoolers because that is just not something you would see on a street truck. Dual pumps I'm on the fence. That is just my 2 cents on a class that I compete in now. If I go pull against 2.6 trucks like I did last week I beat a couple but most are 25-35 feet ahead of me. I would love to stay in my class if we could get enough trucks to pull and some bigger pulls would have the class. I'm thinking of going to 2.6 next year just so I can pull more places. I like to win but this is my hobby and I enjoy going win or lose...........

You want water injection but no dual pumps???!!! :doh:

A dual pump kit with a pump is the same money your gonna spend on a modded one that might not hold up it's a durablity thing more than anything the turbo limited to 2.5 can only handle so much fuel....

Last edited:
You want water injection but no dual pumps???!!! :doh:

A dual pump kit with a pump is the same money your gonna spend on a modded one that might not hold up it's a durablity thing more than anything the turbo limited to 2.5 can only handle so much fuel....

It doesn't really matter to me about dual pumps. I understand what you're saying.

I agree a 2.5 inducer is the limiting factor.

Funny from the place that sold me a pump...LOL

Last edited:
Let's not be naive here, this is the reason the 2.6" class got out of hand. This is not a "street" class, it might have been, but it won't stay that way. I recall someone saying last year that a 3" turbine would be the largest wheel ever run in this class, and that has been proven wrong this early on. Rules need to be made for what this class will be, not what it is now, that again was the downfall of the 2.6" class.

Receiver hitch, no bars extending hitch length nor from tube to axle.
Allow hanging weight, no weight boxes.
Allow dual CP3's, no RSV governor.
Single 35" tire on 10" rim.

Turbo rule should work, may change the rule to say "no tapered covers or wheels". If you are thinking now that this class won't have driveline breakage, therefore there will be no issue allowing 35" duals, think again.

Rules need to be made for what this class will be, not what it is now.

That almost makes to much sense.

For those who say you don't think hanging weights should be allowed, because its a "street class". Just because it looks like a street truck doesn't make it one. So how about you guys start recording miles on competitors. If they don't have atleast 300 miles put on between pulls they shouldn't be allowed to pull. Because that would show they really arent driven daily! Sound like an ignorant statement? Well thats how I feel about not hanging weights, its just ignorantly stupid to me. So is rpm limit. Hanging weights help save front end parts. I think dually trucks should be able to run there factory dual wheels in the rear. Wouldn't look to streetish if they have a big cclb drw bed on a single rear axle! Thats extra weight for them that they can't adjust ballast with! SRW trucks need to stay SRW. 35 inch tire limit. No water to air, no injectables, solid rear blocks, weight limit? 8, or 8500? Smooth bore t4 non stock appearing allowed.

Last edited: