2.5 turbo rule

Allow duals but wheels cannot stick out past the rear FACTORY dually fenders.

Best way to limit power on the track would be an RPM limit. With GoPro or a smartphone you can record your dash. Most pullers will have a RPM gauge but not all spring for the recall.

RPM limit is STUPID! Sorry for being rude, but been down this path before....

I haven't seen it so it was just a suggestion.

However, if you think about it, it is one of the CHEAPEST and easy ways to tech and enforce. This is for a 2.5" class that people want to limit power by the air being blown in. You can only spin so big of a charger with 3000rpms.

I haven't seen it so it was just a suggestion.

However, if you think about it, it is one of the CHEAPEST and easy ways to tech and enforce. This is for a 2.5" class that people want to limit power by the air being blown in. You can only spin so big of a charger with 3000rpms.

Problem is enforcing it, I can make my tach read any rpm...

That's exactly what I said Chase. Only thing that should be different is to allow hanging weights. I don't think dual cp3s should be allowed, but on the other hand it would make state to jumping pulls easy. There are single pumps that don't **** out like pos ii too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

This.....It would be nice to hop around to pulls and the Indiana class is a fun, well rounded class from what I have seen. Duals past the fenders is dumb, just allow the stupid things and limit the power with the turbocharger.

It is not a punishment, it is a simple rule to keep the class in check. We have a 2.8" class in NE that is single 35" tire 10" rim, pretty simple concept.

Good rule but people always want to take the easy route. They would just rather throw more tire at the truck then make it hook better. Similiar to a2w which makes it easier to tune a truck to run hard then running a a2a setup.

Last edited:
Rpm limit is very easy to enforce they have had rpm limited classes in tractor pulling for a long time.

The tractor ones I have seen are rarely teched, and the tech usually involves a free rev at the scales. I have seen attempts to put a pick up on each truck and just tie into a tach mounted on the sled.

I will iterate it again, rpm limits are STUPID, and the attempts I have seen are easily cheated or not enforced.

There may be other ways around it, but it does open the door for big cube stroker engines.

That's exactly what I said Chase. Only thing that should be different is to allow hanging weights. I don't think dual cp3s should be allowed, but on the other hand it would make state to jumping pulls easy. There are single pumps that don't **** out like pos ii too.

The idea behind NO HANGING WEIGHTS is to make it look like a street truck, ballast is permitted, It makes you get creative to get ur weight under the truck and get the chassis setup... That rules not gonna change up here...

Your air limited you could have a 12 cy sigma pump it doesnt matter more fuel via dual cp3's isnt gonna help out and if you say no dual cp3's what about the 13mm p-pumps kinda a disadvantage for the commonrail guys...$.02:bang*bdh**bdh**bdh*

s464 turbo, cast wheel, like bragg seaid 64mm inducer 90mm exducer NO MWE or map enchancement grovvers, smooth bore only! no bushed chargers either or race covers on larger charger.

Direct contridiction in the same statement. NO NWE = Custom Bushed Cover....

MWE is only effective in making more HP with a clipped wheel, you kill its effectiveness when you run straight bore, no clip, no bushing, no taper. Otherwise the MWE groove is what makes a charger drive smooth and not surge, it has nothing to do with making HP.

Caleb

I think it's pretty simple.
No hanging weights
No dual pumps
2.5 inducer
That's what we do here and seems to work.

Yeah I know my avatar I'm hanging weights but that was in a 2.6 class.......

Last edited:
I think it's pretty simple.
No hanging weights
No dual pumps
2.5 inducer
That's what we do here and seems to work.

Yeah I know my avatar I'm hanging weights but that was in a 2.6 class.......

More or less...I think these main rules keep things in check.

Single pumps can get the power north of 800hp no doubt but with no option to hang weight along with the 2.5 inducer I think power will be forced to stay down. Especialy in a ponits series aspect...

2.5 Work Stock Class
• • True 2.5” Inducer Bore NO CLIPPED WHEELS / NO BUSHINGS / NO
TAPERED COVERS Teched with a 2.55" Plug
• • .200 MAX mwe Groove
• • 6.4 Powerstrokes will be permitted to run modified turbos, as long as the atmosphere turbo (Big Turbo) does not exceed the OEM straight bore dimension. (2.59") NO TAPERED COVERS will be permitted.
• No Hanging Weight Beyond Front Bumper (Ballast Permitted)
• 8000lb Maximum (With Driver)
• 26” Hitch Height
• DOT Tires 35" Height Limit
• Dual Pumps will be Permitted
• Diesel Fuel Only
• Traction bars are allowed Drive Shaft Loops/Shields are Recommended, but not mandatory
• Valid Registration and Proof of Insurance Required
•Dual Rear Wheels on non OEM Equipped Trucks will be Permitted

ITPA, NHRDA, Pretty much anywhere you go in IN..

The best rule I saw from Central Ohio truck pullers... 3. No crying!!!!!

PROVEN FACTS: NOT BACKWOODS REASON

Limiting compressor exducer: The exducer just determines the pressure ratio, it does not determine the volume of air entering the engine, thats done at the inducer. You can have a 63mm Inducer and a 150mm exducer and all youve done is add weight and change your pressure ratio. In the end, if a guy wants to make 75PSI of boost, let him... Hes still limited to 63mm of inducer.

Limiting Turbo Frame Size: HP is still dictated by the inducer, the amount of air that can enter into the engine. Limiting the class to S300 will not weed out anything, its just going to make the guys with more money spend it more often when they are rebuidling their S300's every month.

Limiting Turbine Size: The turbine does not nescesarrily determine the amount of overall HP. Turbine sizing is give and take, a smaller turbine will give you a broader curve (Power under the Curve) A large turbine may give you a big peak number, but will substantially shorten your window of power potential. When it comes to the turbine, let them race. If a guy wants to wing a 96mm turbine, run sloth gears, and spin orbital RPM let him. In the end hes still limited on the amount of air feeding the engine, and gambling on short track wins.

These are dyno and track proven facts! It will not matter the amount of fuel, the size of injector, the profile of the cam, built motor or stock motor, big frame or small frame... HP is limited by the Inducer of the turbo a straight true bore 63.5mm inducer.

Caleb

EDIT: There is a standing invitation for everyone here on CompD to see how the classes work, or to come and compete, Saturday Sept 1 at the Hoosier State Showdown. There will be a Stock Turbo Diesel Class, a 2.5 Diesel, a 2.6 Diesel, and a 3.0 Class. All with excellent payouts. You can check out the link for more info on facebook: Update Your Browser | Facebook

Last edited:
The idea behind NO HANGING WEIGHTS is to make it look like a street truck, ballast is permitted, It makes you get creative to get ur weight under the truck and get the chassis setup... That rules not gonna change up here...

It is no where near a street class already around here. That's why I said add the street stock class aswell as this class. Everyone trailers there truck in to the pulls and most of them are dedicated pullers already in our stock turbo class. If this 2.5 is gonna be our "street class" as you make it sound, no body is gonna come to town with there real street truck and want to hook. They will make an embarrassment out of there selfs and quit. We need an entry level, 2.5 and a big class.

2.5 Work Stock Class
• • True 2.5” Inducer Bore NO CLIPPED WHEELS / NO BUSHINGS / NO
TAPERED COVERS Teched with a 2.55" Plug
• • .200 MAX mwe Groove
• • 6.4 Powerstrokes will be permitted to run modified turbos, as long as the atmosphere turbo (Big Turbo) does not exceed the OEM straight bore dimension. (2.59") NO TAPERED COVERS will be permitted.
• No Hanging Weight Beyond Front Bumper (Ballast Permitted)
• 8000lb Maximum (With Driver)
• 26” Hitch Height
• DOT Tires 35" Height Limit
• Dual Pumps will be Permitted
• Diesel Fuel Only
• Traction bars are allowed Drive Shaft Loops/Shields are Recommended, but not mandatory
• Valid Registration and Proof of Insurance Required
•Dual Rear Wheels on non OEM Equipped Trucks will be Permitted

ITPA, NHRDA, Pretty much anywhere you go in IN..

The best rule I saw from Central Ohio truck pullers... 3. No crying!!!!!

I think these rules are fair and well thought out, hp will be up but it'll be a good show. I was never a fan of 2.5 classes but as of late I think they have there place and I look forward to being more involved with them. To bad we wont be getting a "entry" class anytime soon in central, OH.