2.5 turbo rule

I'm all for this class, I'm building a truck for this class since I sold the 2.6 puller. I just want it simple and the rules to match other organizations so we can travel and not have to constantly be changing to meet another organizations rules.[/QUOTE]

thaks you jerrod im in the same boat these old indiana tracks get boring i want so red clay!!!

So we let the 2.5" class have dual 35" tires on a fleetside, and weight boxes, how would you be able to distinguish between the 2.5" and 2.6" class from a visual standpoint?

I didn't explain myself very well on this. Factory single rear wheel truck can't run duals, max tire of 35". Factory dual rear wheel trucks can run dual, Max 265mm tires or a single 35" tire.

This is the compromise I was leaning toward, shouldn't allow the duals to have much of advantage restricting the height.

What would you suggest be the limit on the turbine side to work with the different engines out there if the compressor side isn't enough. Of would you have different limits for each brand/style of engine?

This would be hard to do, it's been discussed many times, you can get around the T4 foot rather easily also. Best bet is to just be fair in teching a true 2.5" wheel, it will only support so much compressor exducer and turbine anyway.

maroondmax06 what part of that made you laugh?
If I am inaccurate in what I said feel free to correct me.
The dual wheel rule originally stated truck could only run dual wheels if it was a dually from the factory, not a 2500 with a dually bed installed or lips grafted onto a bed to cover the wheels. If you want to build a truck that will beat Dalenburg, Reed, Hawkins, Elsberry or the silver dodge out of Fleece's shop you won't get it done for $25,000 and get it to live all year. I pull a stock truck so I don't have a dog in the fight, just posting what I see from the sidelines. I do sit close enough to the sidelines to see what is going on though.

So we let the 2.5" class have dual 35" tires on a fleetside, and weight boxes, how would you be able to distinguish between the 2.5" and 2.6" class from a visual standpoint?

Not to answer for Chase. Who really cares if theres a visual difference? I don't agree on allowing duals on fleetside, but whats it matter if they look alittle alike?

I didn't explain myself very well on this. Factory single rear wheel truck can't run duals, max tire of 35". Factory dual rear wheel trucks can run dual, Max 265mm tires or a single 35" tire.

I don't think thats a bad idea at all.

No need for this thread anymore. After Saturday night I'm assuming we are already a 2.5 class.

maroondmax06 what part of that made you laugh?
If I am inaccurate in what I said feel free to correct me.
The dual wheel rule originally stated truck could only run dual wheels if it was a dually from the factory, not a 2500 with a dually bed installed or lips grafted onto a bed to cover the wheels. If you want to build a truck that will beat Dalenburg, Reed, Hawkins, Elsberry or the silver dodge out of Fleece's shop you won't get it done for $25,000 and get it to live all year. I pull a stock truck so I don't have a dog in the fight, just posting what I see from the sidelines. I do sit close enough to the sidelines to see what is going on though.

I dnt give a crap bout the duals w/e the rules state great imgona run it not upset either way. I aint saying if you dont wana win every week by 30 feet you dont need that stuff. But hell i dnt have no where close to all the garb on mine n run top 5or6 on stock motor with single pump with a lil ol wore out S363 weekend in an out.

that seems pretty fair. I dont like to see the fleet side trucks with the wide dually wheels and 12.50 tires in a supposed entry classes.

Any news ideas? I sure hope we change to a 2.5 class. Teching will be way easier. You will be able to run to indy or Ohio aswell as have them come done an pull also. There are more advantages to the disadvantage for turning this class into a 2.5 class

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Seems dumb though to have to buy more wheels and tires when your truck is an actual dually bed truck, jmo

Seems dumb for us SRW guys to have to go and and buy new dual wheel rims and tires to be a level playing field with factory dualie trucks. I think limiting dual trucks to 265's is a great idea as well.

Seems dumb for us SRW guys to have to go and and buy new dual wheel rims and tires to be a level playing field with factory dualie trucks. I think limiting dual trucks to 265's is a great idea as well.

I guess you should have bought a dually LOL

When I set out to get a pulling truck I picked the truck that would give me the most advantage. Next thing is going to be regular cab only trucks.

I run 33 12.50 on mine

Last edited:
I have a guy i pull with regualy, we pull the same wether his duals are on or singles and in all track conditions, just seems silly to make that rule cuz that will prob run off more people and taking it away as an entry level class