2 Stroke Oil Helps Get 1 MPG?

Walliguy

I was reading my Diesel Power Magazine. And the article for fuel additive they said 2 stroke oil helps with our mileage. Has anyone experimented with this? Now I'm wondering what does a guy have to mix the ratio at? And if it is cost affective?

They listed the mix ratio in the article.

I run about a quart at every fill up.

The supertech two-stroke oil is about $10/gal so its pretty cheap.

ditto.....^

It didn't help my mileage but i run it for lube! 1oz/1g......usually dump a qt in at each fillup

two stroke oil helps just about everything, :hehe: I usually run a little bit of silver bottle power service and two stoke in the winter and white bottle power service and two stroke in the summer.. good combo.. noticeable mileage increase, less boost, hotter egts.. so theoretically going by that it is burning more effiectiently... Wouldn't you say?

i run it also. slight increase but not really. maybe 1 mpg. its primary purpose is lube. if i recall the article said a 1:200 ratio

two stroke oil helps just about everything, :hehe: I usually run a little bit of silver bottle power service and two stoke in the winter and white bottle power service and two stroke in the summer.. good combo.. noticeable mileage increase, less boost, hotter egts.. so theoretically going by that it is burning more effiectiently... Wouldn't you say?

Don't you mean silver in the summer and white in the winter? I run teh wally world two-stroke oil/PS mix as well.....just for peace of mind and extra lube....

the white bottle is the one with the de gelling concoction correct?

I run 14 oz to a tank fill-up and see a noticeable mileage increase, better than 1 MPG, its almost pushing 2 MPG especially when towing.

from what im hearing, the stuff helps the newer trucks the most...go figure. ive tryed it with a mix of 1/2-1 qt and didnt notice much if anything. stanadyne made a bit of diff in the winter but not much. mayb it has sumthin to do with my continued use of LSD instead of ULSD

Walmart 2 Stroke and PS Silver...

Not for mileage though..Just lubricity...

the two stroke helps quiet the motor down a little as well i haven't been running it lately and i need to start running it again.

I used to run about 1 quart in a full tank of diesel, I noticed smoother sounding engine and slight milage increase. I have also gotten rid of my old oil the same way lol.

i never heard of using used motor oil to do that. how did that work?

less boost, hotter egts.. so theoretically going by that it is burning more effiectiently... Wouldn't you say?

NO! its putting out the fire, very small amounts as it doesnt burn as hot. but yes better mileage.

i noticed a little bit when i started adding it to mine. what about the sulfer additive that some stores sell is that effective also or whats your guys opinion on that additive?