2003 1/2 ton Ram

jeepin87

This has been built for a long time but I don't think there are many pics of it. Cut 3/4 ton springs in front with drop spindles, lowering springs in back with caltracs, 2008 1/2 wheels.

64mm ED charger, Hamilton cam, pump by Morrison, Goerend trans, injectors gone through by Smokem, Airdog 165, ...more but I can't think right now.

Made 593rwhp 3 years ago with a 62/65/12, anxious to see what it is now. Honestly think its at least 75-100hp higher now.

2011-04-24_17-18-50_520.jpg

2011-06-12_14-44-18_59.jpg

2011-04-24_17-18-00_644.jpg

2011-04-24_17-17-51_945.jpg

2011-04-24_17-17-40_158.jpg

2011-05-20_23-18-59_844-1.jpg

srt cummins your pm box is full.

Was wondering about your 6.7 swap into your half ton?
What did you have to fabricate and is it not a drop in like the 12 valves into the earlier half tons?
If you had a 2500 third gen to swap from does that change anything?

THIS truck is what I want to build next,, except I would do it with a CR twin turbo

I get 28mpg at 65mph but with 3.31 gears in I should get a lot better. I love this thing. Yes it's a perfect DD, I need to get the AC hose fixed but other than that it's great. There will be some great pics coming out soon. When I get to a computer I'll try and answer more questions.

Thanks guys!

THIS truck is what I want to build next,, except I would do it with a CR twin turbo

I would do a 6.7 with huge twins. Matter of fact, I may do that at some point but this thing works so well like it is...

I get 28mpg at 65mph but with 3.31 gears in I should get a lot better. I love this thing. Yes it's a perfect DD, I need to get the AC hose fixed but other than that it's great. There will be some great pics coming out soon. When I get to a computer I'll try and answer more questions.

Thanks guys!

so thats the factory 1/2 ton axel? if so how is it holding up.i hear people are breaking the 3/4 ton 60s with less power.

It's a champ so far haha! It's been broken once and a full Detroit Locker put in. I'm thinking of trying a narrowed 14 bolt, I refuse to spend $10k on a custom 9" built to handle the torque. I've also heard of trouble with the Dana 60 but it's all about how you drive it and what you use it for.

The truck is so light in the ass it just spins until I get over 70mph. Even if I get into it to pass someone on the interstate it spins. So without good traction it's not that hard on it. The axle shafts themselves are the same size as a Dana 60. It's a beefy axle.

what did u do for the motor mounts i have quad cab im stumped on!

Custom mounts, they aren't tough to build, there is a lot of room to place them where you want them. Did you get it in yet? Sorry for the late response.

All gauges work except the tac. I could get it to work with a 12v pickup on the front but I'm not sure I'll be keeping the truck and if I do I plan on going Dakota Digital for all gauges and cruise control anyway.

I got my gauges to work all but the tach also.... How did you do the throttle on it and are you running the auto tranny from the cummins I'm trying to get mine together and I just have a few more questions if you don't mind

I think a 2nd gen cable was used from the donor truck. I'll have to look again when I get back home. Yes it is a 47rh trans, i have to shift it into OD and Lockup with switches but it's really not that big of a deal.

could you take a picutre of your lincage for your throttle? so you are not using the computer to run the transmission? the switch takes care of lock up and od