2003 f350 6.0 fummins build

smokie07

Ok I thought I would start this thread to how we did this swap! Ok the truck was a cab and chassis truck with 6.0 ill try to get what pictures I have up to show some of the work. Everything has been fabricated to make this happen. No conversion parts were bought in this build.

amuje3a8.jpg
truck headed to shop to get stripped down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

u4ejedan.jpg
94 12valve I picked up over in Missouri to put in! Motor came out of a school bus so a few accessories will have to be swapped out and oil pan turned around with a different oil pickup

Last edited:
ebesa2u4.jpg
g56 flywheel fresh from machine shop after getting pilot hole cut to accept the zf6 input shaft and resurfaced

Last edited:
Gonna try and start on motor mounts this weekend if I can find time.

anyba9us.jpg
y5azegan.jpg
u5abusu5.jpg
making the adapter plate to mate the 12v and the zf6

There's a thread on here that could be helpful with the same set up. The thickness of plate is what really matters for stuff like the starter and clutch set up.

Here Is a set of motor mounts that my friend came up with.
gyjyvemy.jpg
uba6uny3.jpg

He made these mounts to work with stock 6.0 mounts.

work looks great so far, but why start with a base model, regular cab, chassis cab? :confused:

I already had the truck and I don't need the extra room for anything because my son is the only person to really go anywhere with me and this project was partially to set a precedent on doing a cummins conversion! Most people say you need at least $10k to do a swap, at the moment I'm less than $2k in parts and material and hard stuff is basically done! All the little stuff will add up but nothing to extravagant!