2003 f350 6.0 fummins build

y7y9y9yg.jpg

Had to turn oil pan around and change pick up tube. This motor came out of a school bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

apabu4y9.jpg

Set motor in place to see if oil pan would clear cross member without rubbing and it wouldn't so gonna have to put a regular 12v pan on this block. The oil on it is about 2'' deeper in the shallow end and tapers down into the deep part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm going to add a copy right fee to your bill for using that pic of me lol

Got new gasket set for oil pan and replacing the industrial oil pan for a a regular truck oil pan. Kino_fab has the plumbing figured out for fuel and power steering so I'll try and get pics of this stuff as it's done!

Atleast it's not steering completely away from a Ford engine

fordcumminstag_zps4fc12239.jpg

Does anyone know how common this production of the cummins was? CUMMINS for FORD motor co. I can't seem to find a whole lot about this.

zuqemu3y.jpg

Adapted power steering line and had to change water fitting to fit the ford hoses!

asena7eh.jpg

Motor is in its final resting place! Maybe tomorrow we can throw in clutch and trans

smokie07,

There are several of those Ford Cummins around. Usually found in the Ford school buses or medium duty Ford trucks.

Do you have the valve covers with Ford on them? I have been looking for one of those.

Looks like you have a LUK power steering pump, Same as I have (my motor is out of a FL60) I had to shim the crap out of the valve to make it play with the Ford powerboost/PS box. It will play but not very nice. That dang pump is louder than the motor. It still is not right, but it has lasted a year so far. I think I need to get the bypass machined out.

What are your plans for your pump?

We'll only one valve cover has ford and it's a glued on emblem! I can ship it to ya if ya want it bad enough lol and which pump you talking about? Mine actually had 2 accessories pumps on it one for brakes and one for power-steering.

We'll only one valve cover has ford and it's a glued on emblem! I can ship it to ya if ya want it bad enough lol and which pump you talking about? Mine actually had 2 accessories pumps on it one for brakes and one for power-steering.

oh I was not trying to hit you up for the valve cover or anything just stating that I want one and I was just wondering if you had one. but the cover I want has the ford stamped into it not glued on. But thanks anyway, mighty kind of you.

The pump you have down on the drivers side of the motor where the Dodge P.S. pump mounts thats the pump I 'm talking about. It is a LUK pump correct? it looks like mine anyway.

Just wanting to know what your plan for power steering/hydroboost is.

I had to replace a bunch of the medium duty parts for the dodge parts. I can get you a list if you like.

Oh ok never seen the stamped covers! And will need to get with kino_fab on this he came up with all the ideas on this truck so I can't take credit for it!but the master cylinder runs to the pump then from pump to reservoir not sure where steering is tied in there but I know there running on same pump

oh I was not trying to hit you up for the valve cover or anything just stating that I want one and I was just wondering if you had one. but the cover I want has the ford stamped into it not glued on. But thanks anyway, mighty kind of you.

The pump you have down on the drivers side of the motor where the Dodge P.S. pump mounts thats the pump I 'm talking about. It is a LUK pump correct? it looks like mine anyway.

Just wanting to know what your plan for power steering/hydroboost is.

I had to replace a bunch of the medium duty parts for the dodge parts. I can get you a list if you like.

gypyquta.jpg

Here is the valve cover and the 2nd pump is right on top with the big bracket!

not sure on how this pump will act now that you have mentioned the issues you have had.... may not have enough pressure for the Ford stuff. Just have to wait and see. I'll look at the tag tomorrow to see exactly what it is. Maybe the reason why it had the 2 separate pumps in the first place. Just one wouldn't support both the hydroboost and the steering. I have a dodge pump, but either it or the vacum pump is locked up and actually sheared the pump gear off during a pull one night on Lynn's 2wd puller.

So far I have the A/C lines done using both the Ford lines and a set from a 04 CR truck, made the oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp adapters myself since none of our local hardware stores have the right stuff to use, most of the wiring is done except for lengthening and shortening a few wires, plus gotta order a tach kit or make our own. Does anyone know if the tone ring on a the 6.0L crank will come off separate or a tone wheel from another engine will work on this 03 truck? Like stated before, we have made everything and have not bought any conversion parts at all. Would like to keep it that way.

Will try to upload a few more pics tomorrow.

Powersteering pump is a ZF German pump, same as the transmission. tried to get a pic of the tag but its very hard to see the numbers. Got the tone wheel off the 6.0L crank and did some research. Seems its the same as the CR balancer tone wheel. Thinking about just finding a tone ring and balancer from a CR truck and make my own bracket for the crank sensor. As for the cam sensor, i read on a couple websites that all you need to do is ground one of the sensor wires splice the other into the crank wires, but have seen that not work for soem peope with the 6.0L trucks. Also thought about trying to use another crank sensor (since they seem to be just a magnetic pick up), weld a mounting block on the front cover and use a dowl pin inserted nto the pump gear for the cam sensor pick up.............. Yes, No , Maybe... Opinions? Advise?

Throttle linkage is done using a modified DBW pedal and a solid rod, have about 80% of the wiring routed trimmed and lengthened where needed, still waiting on the starter spacer to add to the plate so i can finish the adapter and put the rest of the drive train in. Also picked up a nice HT3B on a parts trade. Thinking about going ahead and adding it with the H1C for towing twins. Just wish the exhaust housing was visually a little smaller to make things alittle easier to get it in there.

uqaja6ug.jpg

Plate is painted and ready to put on and install transmission. The starter spacer was tig welded into place so didn't come off.