2006 Ozone Depletion Tour - Atlanta

I don't recall any nitrous re-flling at Commerce though TS Performance has been known in the past to show up a with a trailer full of bottles.:evil

On a racing note I've wasted my 2nd turbo in 3 months (blew the oem @ 115 mph @ 30 psi while racing and beating a 03 GT and the jury is still out on the hybrid). Charlie at KermaTDI was nice enough to send me an oem as a loaner while he hustles to get parts on my hybrid in time for Commerce. I'm not sure if it will be ready in time but I'm just thrilled for the genorosity of the loaner.

I'm learning like everyone else that this is an expensive hobby and I'm beginning to wonder if a drug habit wouldn't be cheaper and more rewarding.:doh: LOL

Last edited:
Anybody who is coming to this race happen to have a generator I could borrow? I'll be there house in tow and with a little juice we can have a CompD "Command Post" with AC and private facilities. Not to mention Billy will have a bed to sleep in LOL LOL

UPDATE:

Garmon's Diesel Performance (GDP) has joined in to offer the Quick Diesel class a few things to shoot for.

$100 for TOP MPH during eliminations
$100 for best package (best R/T and closest to index on single run)
$100 GDP contingency money to the winner running his decal (will be available from him in pit)

So lets recap

-DHRA Pro Street with 2000/1000/500/500 payout

-DHRA Quick Diesel with 500/250/100/100
added bonus of up to $300 from Garmon's Diesel Performance

-DPM Bracket class with 500/150/50/50 payout
Added bonus of $100 for quickest Chevy/Dodge/Ford in bracket competition rounds compliments of Competition Diesel.com.
Added bonus $250 gift certificate and $200 for the quickest manual transmission in bracket competition rounds compliments of South Bend clutch and DPM

-DPM Top Diesel Shootout - Currently $3000 to be divided by the competitors plus 1 spot. Meaning, if 4 show at the current purse, each team will get 1/5 ($600) to show, and $600 to the Champion.

And a host of other racing action from Nitro Funny car to Street ET.

A Special thanks to event sponsors:

TS Performance
Sun Coast Converters
Mass Diesel
Competition Diesel.com
Hayes Family of Dealerships
Stuckey Racing
DP Tuner
South Bend Clutch
Silverline Exhaust
Garmon's Diesel Performance

This may not be the proper place for this post. If so, please move it to the appropriate spot.
I am thinking about attending the shootout. I am in desperate need of someone to help me make adjustments to my truck though. I just had a new turbo, injectors, governor springs, exhaust, cold air intake, valve springs, etc. installed by my local injection shop. They technically installed the parts but, it is slow as can be. These parts went into a 98 12v. I know everyone will be busy but, it would be worth driving up if there will be someone there or a shop that could tune the truck.
In addition, does anyone have information on the campgrounds or camping on site. I have a tt that I can bring and would like to meet/stay near others attending the event.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jeff

Give Garmon's Diesel Performance a call (Jeff Garmon) it won't take him long to sort it out :evil

Look in post #91 for a list of campgrounds. I plan to stay at the track in my camper, that way I don't have far to stumble LOL

BTW, got a generator, Thanks Rich!

I'm sure someone will help you out...you'll be impressed with everyone's willingness to lend a hand with stuff.
I know I was the first time I attended an event.

Faster than a speeding 7.3

I missed your sig...... That's just not right. LOL

Jeff,

Call Darren Morrison at Pro Street Diesel 888-377-7902

Again, expect him to be busy because he was out all last week at a trade show and is getting ready for the Atlanta race himself. But he is in Cairo, not far from Tallahassee.

Good Luck,

For those not spending the night what time are yall getting there on saturday? I haven't confirmed a time with my friend yet, but we're going to be there early in the AM.

SuperDave4x4 said:
For those not spending the night what time are yall getting there on saturday? I haven't confirmed a time with my friend yet, but we're going to be there early in the AM.

Way earlier than I will want to be based on what I will be doing Friday night. :Cheer:

DavidTD said:
Way earlier than I will want to be based on what I will be doing Friday night. :Cheer:

LOL I hear that one. I've gotta make sure I'm in line for the DYNO. :ylsuper: I don't know why I'm so excited about putting my underpowered truck on the rollers. :doh:

I'll be looking out for ya Tim.

What time does the dyno start rollin', I want to see what difference the tapped box and converter make.

Billysgoat said:
Anybody who is coming to this race happen to have a generator I could borrow? I'll be there house in tow and with a little juice we can have a CompD "Command Post" with AC and private facilities. Not to mention Billy will have a bed to sleep in LOL LOL

We will be glad to bring our generator Billy. Not sure if it will be big enough to run your whole camper though. I think it's a 3500 watt. It runs our air and minimal lights in our enclosed trailer. We will be there Friday. Just let me know.

Amy

wideopen said:
Looks Like I might make it after-all...Yaaaaa-hoooooo
:shake: :shake: :shake: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :doh: :doh: :doh: I told you that you was coming!!!!:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

Amy I thank ya'll for the offer but I have already located one, so ya'll be sure and stop by the CompD command post for anything you need from shade to water to private AIR CONDITIONED facilities :D

Anybody happen to know where will be the best place to setup?

Back