2007 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71! Cam! Tune! 20s! 33s! Built!

NCcummins

NADEAU
2007 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71

You are looking at a very rare Chevrolet Silverado. If you are looking for a factory Silverado, I would suggest stop reading this listing here. This truck is unlike any other.

I purchased this Silverado from a very reputable used automobile dealership (Sam and Dave's) in Asheville, North Carolina on July 13th, 2012. It was traded to them from the original owner who resided in Waynesville, North Carolina. A fifty-eight year old woman was the original owner of this beautiful truck. The truck still looked brand new being the reason I purchased it. It had 114,000 miles when I bought it. Until this time, it had been fully serviced by Chevrolet and this can be seen in the CarFax report.

In 2007 Chevrolet started producing the AFM (Active Fuel Management) and DOD (Displacement on Demand) 5.3L motors. They did this to increase fuel mileage under normal driving conditions. This system basically makes the engine run on four cylinders when on the highway. They had a few problems that turned up. One, after the motor hit 100,000 miles, it started burning a court or so of oil every 3,000 -- 4,000 miles. Two, the lifters used for this system wore much faster.

With that said, the Friday after Thanksgiving, this truck dropped a lifter. This is where the build process of this truck started. I had two options: 1) Replace the factory lifters and hope this does not happen again. 2) Completely delete the AFM and DOD so this truck is a new body style truck with a very reliable LS1/LS2 style motor. Instead of spending the $2,000 or so to replace the lifters, I decided to spend thousands on making a very rare, one of a kind truck.

Today, the truck has 136,400 miles on it. The body and drivetrain are the only parts on this truck with the current mileage. I have put just over 8,000 miles on the motor since it was completely rebuilt and it does great. I drive to Johnson City, TN from Asheville, North Carolina three to four days a week. This drive is where the mileage comes from. This truck has never been abused in any way! Below, you will find the list of what transformed this truck into the vehicle it is today.

Engine:

• Comp Cam's Camshaft -- LS1 222/224 (Part # 54-426-11)

• Comp Cam's High Performance Valve Springs -- LS1 (Part # 26918-16)

• Comp Cam's Pushrod Set -- 5/16 Magnum 7.400 (Part # 7638-16)

• Comp Cam's Lifters -- Hydraulic -- LS2 (Part # 850 -- 16)

• Comp Cam's Timing Set -- LS2 3 Bolt (Part # 3172KT)

• Pacesetter Long Tube Headers (Part # 70-2267)

• Pacesetter Y-Pipe (Part # 82-1177)

• MBRP 3" Exhaust

• Flow Master Super 44 3" Muffler

• Pypes 5" Black Tip

• aFe Cold Air Intake

• aFe Throttle Body Spacer (Part # 4634003)

• Interstate Battery

• Head Gaskets

• Oil Pump

• Oil Pan Gasket

• Intake Gasket

• Valve Cover Gasket

• C5 Corvette Valley Cover

• New Belts

• New Plugs

• New Plug Wires

• New Ignition Coils

• New Brake Rotors

• New Brake Pads

• New Ball Joints

• Front End Alignment

• All Fluids Changed (Bumper to bumper with Valvoline Synthetic)

• HP Tuned by Redline Performance (Completely tuned out the AFM and DOD from the computer. The tune was completed in order to have a very reliable daily driver.)

Exterior:

• 20x10 MHT Maverick Wheels -- Two Piece

• 33x12.50R20 Nitto Mud Grapplers

• New Lug Nuts

• Rough Country Leveling Kit

• RECON LED Smoked Tail Lights (Part # 264175BK)

• RECON LED Smoked 3rd Brake Light (Part # 264125BK)

• Chevrolet Black Bow Tie Emblems (Front and Rear)

• CURT 10,000LB Class 4 Trailer Hitch (Part # 14301)

• 5% Window Tint (35% on the Windshield)

• Rhino Linings Bed Liner

• Removed Z71 Stickers

I love the Chevrolet interior. I did not change a thing about it. This is a LTZ, Z71 truck. It is the top of the line truck from Chevrolet. It has black leather interior, all power options available, rear entertainment, rear fold down armrest/cup holder, six disc in-dash CD Player, XM Satelite Radio, heated seats, and much more!

I have all the factory parts that were removed or replaced excluding the factory tires/wheels and lights. I did not build this truck to be a $100,000 show room vehicle that sits in the garage 350 days out of the year. I built it to be a reliable daily driver! That is exactly what is it today. I change the oil every 3,000 miles with Valvoline Synthetic. I clean the aFe air filter every two oil changes. I ONLY run Shell 93 octane fuel with Lucas additive. I am very particular about how I maintain my vehicles, and this truck has been babied!

This truck is not perfect, but it is very close. It does have a few minor scratches around the exterior. The rear bumper has a small dent in it on the driver side from where a permit driver ran into it. There are absolutely no mechanic flaws with this Silverado. It runs and drives better than any other Chevrolet Silverado I have come across!

All pictures and videos can be viewed here:

http://s699.beta.photobucket.com/user/NCcummins/library/2007%20Chevrolet%20Silverado

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

• This 2007 Chevrolet Silverado is sold AS-IS with NO WARRANTY IMPLIED OR EXPRESSED.

• I still owe on the truck. The buyer will pay the bank and receive the title when this takes place.

• I encourage ALL PARTIES interested to view the truck in person! Pictures and videos do not do it justice.

• CALL or MESSAGE me with any questions. My number is 828-275-0080.

• I have numerous pictures and videos of this truck. I can email them to you upon request.

$27,000

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to look at this 2007 Chevrolet Silverado.

Pictures after getting detailed on Friday (4/5/2013):

322_zps1a7c3c34.jpg

312_zps2ee00735.jpg

314_zps2c93ebb6.jpg

318_zpsf1a24075.jpg

319_zps7f09eb56.jpg

317_zps23ffa8e5.jpg

315_zpsdf00a48e.jpg

326_zps6d5f947f.jpg

330_zpsb436f935.jpg

335_zps129d30a5.jpg

337_zpsb465cce6.jpg

333_zps6720ef17.jpg

332_zps4c5e4c2b.jpg

324_zpsb0e99881.jpg

325_zpsdd663ea7.jpg

Damn NICE truck. Id like to see dyno sheets as a similar build is in store for my wifes 04 tahoe.

Thank you sir. I wanna do almost the same topend on the old ladies Tahoe. With the addition of some roots.....

Thank you sir. I wanna do almost the same topend on the old ladies Tahoe. With the addition of some roots.....

Absolutely. I've had a few others ask for them as well. That will be one bad Tahoe when it's done! I was kind of in a crunch when I built this truck trying to get it back on the road so I just went with what was "most popular" at Comp Cams for these motors. I got very lucky and everything went as smooth as possible. It was on the dyno for three days though trying to get the perfect map set. A license from HP Tuners and many pulls later, it runs better than it ever has! I get many weird looks and questions when a new body style truck has a cam in it....

Am I missing the HP number in the first post? What did it dyno?

Absolutely. I've had a few others ask for them as well. That will be one bad Tahoe when it's done! I was kind of in a crunch when I built this truck trying to get it back on the road so I just went with what was "most popular" at Comp Cams for these motors. I got very lucky and everything went as smooth as possible. It was on the dyno for three days though trying to get the perfect map set. A license from HP Tuners and many pulls later, it runs better than it ever has! I get many weird looks and questions when a new body style truck has a cam in it....

Im ready to start her Tahoe. I think it will be a nice sleeper/ weekend driver.

Am I missing the HP number in the first post? What did it dyno?

I wanted a good daily driver. Stock is 295HP at 305 ft-lbs. it dynoed right at 342hp and 386 ft-lbs. he said he could get more out of it but that's not what I wanted to use the truck for. It was also dynoed with fairly heavy 20x10s and 33s. It was not massive gains and certainly not comparable to a diesel but I'm very happy with the truck and how it turned out.

Last edited:
ohhh look. Yet another for sale item from this guy. Smells like a "flipper" to me still. Pay for a site sponsorship yet?

ohhh look. Yet another for sale item from this guy. Smells like a "flipper" to me still. Pay for a site sponsorship yet?

No sir. Flipper? Considering I bought this truck in July and have driven it every day until now, I doubt that is the correct term to use. I'll be graduating in May and have decided to sell the truck to pay off school loans. Thanks for checking back though!

Last edited:
Awesome looking truck! What was the reason for the build? Lifter issue? I recently had two friends with the same issue with lifters on the same body style, a Yukon Denali and on a Suburban. Made a terrible tick and had to replace the lifters, the cam survived both cases though. Sounds like a good build regardless, I still regret ever trading my old DD for a gasser :bang

Awesome looking truck! What was the reason for the build? Lifter issue? I recently had two friends with the same issue with lifters on the same body style, a Yukon Denali and on a Suburban. Made a terrible tick and had to replace the lifters, the cam survived both cases though. Sounds like a good build regardless, I still regret ever trading my old DD for a gasser :bang

I appreciate it! Yeah I had the same problem. It's because of the Active Fuel Management and Displacement On Demand they started in 2007. I was on the way back from Maine the day after Thanksgiving and when I got on the interstate the truck switched into 4 cylinder mode (DOD kicked on) a lifter dropped. It was either replace the factory lifters or build it.

Last edited:
Seems like there should be a pic of the engine bay... I would think potential buyers would want to see the quality of the engine swap...

Seems like there should be a pic of the engine bay... I would think potential buyers would want to see the quality of the engine swap...

I forgot to include them in the listing. Thanks for the suggestion! I have a bunch on Photobucket. Here they are:

101_zps3e361830.jpg

099_zps57e4d1fb.jpg

097_zpsbe62dab5.jpg

095_zpsb9737c8a.jpg

094_zpsed9aa250.jpg

093_zps08eb3aec.jpg

Here are the videos (click the top of the box where it says "Photobucket Videos"):

[ame]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/NCcummins/2007%20Chevrolet%20Silverado/041_zps386fdf85.mp4[/ame]
[ame]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/NCcummins/2007%20Chevrolet%20Silverado/042_zps783e71de.mp4[/ame]
[ame]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/NCcummins/2007%20Chevrolet%20Silverado/180_zpsdc7233e9.mp4[/ame]
[ame]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/NCcummins/2007%20Chevrolet%20Silverado/182_zpsaa01c705.mp4[/ame]

Last edited: