2010 events

**** michagan.....................................................go bucks...lol jk

yeah that wouldnt be a far drive..

We need more BIG events down here in the Texas region. There were a few small pulls and drags here and there but nothing big.
I have been to many big events up north around indiana but i know a LOT of people down south here in texas have never been to or seen any of the big events because they are just sooo far away.
I know it will a long drive for all of the contestants BUT... how about getting a points pull down here. At least something that matters. All of the drags and pulls down here all dont matter so there are never any big mod. sled pullers or drag racers down here.
People would LOVE to see all the big boys come down here and compete.

A points pull of some sort (something that counts) would bring all the big boys down and would show all of the people what this sport is really about.

Lance

We've had affiliate events. We want the real deal, The big show, The main event.......

We have the potential to have huge events like TS and Scheid....

Lets see we've got: Dr. P with 2 trucks, Texas Diesel Power has a funny car, Greg hogue will have a dragster running one day. And countless pro street trucks. Sled pulling is going to be pretty big down here next year, alot of guys have truck in the works this winter.

Big shows start at about $ 60,000, and go up in a hurry.

So, how big do you want? Do you have a 1000 friends that would donate $60 a piece?
Grassroots efforts may be the ticket here, because you wont find enough sponsors in this economy to foot the bill on a new show.

I thought of that first, but thats too pricey!!!

Notice the thread got quiet suddenly... LOL

Not tonight, I have a headache from arguing with the libtards in the political forum!:doh::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2::dead-horse-fast2:

Gene contact Marcy up in Willits CA, about an affilite event. Her first time event this year had a real nice crowed and is going to way bigger next year.

BBD

Scott PM us her info and we'll take care of her, we are getting quite a few requests already for next year's affiliate program!

We have an intense schedule around here starting in May and ending in August. I see on the web site that there were events starting in March. How about something in January or February? It is hard to travel during the season, but this would be a good time to do so and I could even convince the family to join in and go somewhere warm. :Cheer:

Working on some events down south - will have something by the first of the year!:thankyou2:

How about salt lake again at RMR i know it wasnt the greatest showing this year but if it wasnt on the same night as the stupid midnight drags alot more would show up especially if we could get some pulls started at the fairgrounds or somethin. maybe talk to edge and industrial inj. and WOP see if they will help spread the word.

We will continue to encourage those who go there on Friday nights to participate with Wide Open's class and NADM is planning on making Weekend on the Edge a full blown National event next year! Start marking your calendars now for the trip!

Show-Me State needs a big event. Show-Me Smokers/NADM event all on its own would be aweomse. I think I can get the fair grounds and equipment donated. They did it for me the last time and had a good turnout. Want me to check on it?

Big shows start at about $ 60,000, and go up in a hurry.

So, how big do you want? Do you have a 1000 friends that would donate $60 a piece?
Grassroots efforts may be the ticket here, because you wont find enough sponsors in this economy to foot the bill on a new show.

What makes these big events soo expensive?? Prize money?? Renting the track, insurance, other rentals? or what.

I know what you are saying about the sponsors and that sux. The sponsors and vendors are a BIG part in paying the bill for a big event i would think. It just sux that the economy is preventing them and us to have such a good time.
Worth a try i guess.

I just hope that in the near future there will be a BIG event down here again.

Lance