2010 events

We will continue to encourage those who go there on Friday nights to participate with Wide Open's class and NADM is planning on making Weekend on the Edge a full blown National event next year! Start marking your calendars now for the trip!

Good point hopefully they will show up. Thats awesome i cant wait for it next year!! :woohoo:

Alright I was at National Trails today. We have a 6 race series set up there for wed. nights. It will be one a month. Then a National Level race on June 5th. We have to work out all the details but everything sounds good. They are going to let us build a pulling track right next to the drag strip. Can anyone say the new Indy. I will keep you all posted. Ohio guys this is what you wanted now make sure you all show up. They are going to leave the pulling track in and if the show is good there will be more pulls put on at the trails.

Yes... Finally This Will Be Awsome I Know Atleast 50 People That Will Come To This With Me..lol So Much Closer Than Indy....

We will continue to encourage those who go there on Friday nights to participate with Wide Open's class and NADM is planning on making Weekend on the Edge a full blown National event next year! Start marking your calendars now for the trip!

If you guys can get both the circle track and drag strip I think it would be best. Interior of the circle track worked out great for DHRA for a pulling track and I thought it had a pretty good turnout when they came. I was very disappointed with the numbers that showed up for the NADM event because it was ran much better.

I made it to every Friday race night that I could if it didn't interfere with work the next morning.

Alright I was at National Trails today. We have a 6 race series set up there for wed. nights. It will be one a month. Then a National Level race on June 5th. We have to work out all the details but everything sounds good. They are going to let us build a pulling track right next to the drag strip. Can anyone say the new Indy. I will keep you all posted. Ohio guys this is what you wanted now make sure you all show up. They are going to leave the pulling track in and if the show is good there will be more pulls put on at the trails.

Awesome!!! Thanks for arranging everything with the track - just like Numidia July 17 this year - sled pulling right next to drag racing!

Full blown National event in Ohio! We'll start arranging for the vendor alley and special shows between races and pulls!:clap::clap:

here are a few place i can think of in western ky that could hold some good events. PIR Paducah Internaitonl Raceway, paducah ky. Kentuckey Speedway in CalvertCity Ky. Also west Kentucky Speedway. I will try to find phone numbers and post them if you guys would be intersted.

Chuck, the NHDRA has their Indy race scheduled for June 5. Thanks Steve B.

here are a few place i can think of in western ky that could hold some good events. PIR Paducah Internaitonl Raceway, paducah ky. Kentuckey Speedway in CalvertCity Ky. Also west Kentucky Speedway. I will try to find phone numbers and post them if you guys would be intersted.

You bet, we are always interested! Pm myself or Chuck and let us know!

:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Do you guys have anything in the works for Union Grove again this year? There is also a drag strip about a mile down the road from the fairgrounds that the event was held at last year.

Chuck, the NHDRA has their Indy race scheduled for June 5. Thanks Steve B.

I have seen no announcement or schedule for it? No reason to sit back and wait to see IF it will happen and let a perfectly good setting slip through. Now there is a guarenteed event scheduled. Can't wait!!:rockwoot:

Awesome!!! Thanks for arranging everything with the track - just like Numidia July 17 this year - sled pulling right next to drag racing!

Full blown National event in Ohio! We'll start arranging for the vendor alley and special shows between races and pulls!:clap::clap:

Ron,

I PM'd you a while ago about this but got no response.

You need to contact Jim Halsey at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, MD. http://cecilcountydragway.com/ He is willing to build a sledpulling track at the dragstrip as long as he can get a long term (3 yr) commitment. He has the clay and the equipment.

Do you guys have anything in the works for Union Grove again this year? There is also a drag strip about a mile down the road from the fairgrounds that the event was held at last year.

The last I heard from Union Grove is they are not having the show, too risky in a bad economy, and they could not risk it or another rainout. Maybe next year.

You bet, we are always interested! Pm myself or Chuck and let us know!

]Here is some info on places that could hold some good pulls in western ky.

Paducah Internaional RaceWay
4455 Shemwell Ln Paducah ky 42003
270-898-7464

Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway
957 Truck Lane P.O. Box 1362 Calvert City, Ky 42029
270-395-3600 (track phone)
815-469-3619 (office phone)

Western Kentucky Speedway
Nebo, ky
270-249-3125
tcoble@bellsouth.net

hope that some of this info helps to find some new places for some good truck pulls. I know mid south just held a big truck & tractor pull at PIR this fall.Use to hold National Flat track & TT races for atv and motorcyles. Would have pm you but your inbox was full.

Not going to kick this around a whole lot but look at the time I posted that we are having a June 5th event. Then look at the time NHRDA posted that they were having one. I looked around before i took that date so we did not step on any toes.

Chuck Rucker
NADM Drag Director

Well, at least your event will be a legal SFI "insured" race and not a TnT GTG. I'd put money on the NADM payouts being much larger too. You know you're doing something right when others want to ride your coat tail