2014 Laramie 2500

Defrost, driver's side heated seat, heated steering wheel come on. You can change the settings on the radio. I believe I have it all to come on at or below 40*.

Ok maybe I'll take a look at the settings some day to see where the factory settings are.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

Pic's of the rear Suspension?

BTW Nice truck!

Here's some pics that I have found.

I'm waiting to see how the 3500 air ride works out, might have to get one!

Edit; Production Dates,

Rear Air Suspension (SEB) - 02/03/14 - Ram 2500

Rear Air Suspension (SEB) - 04/07/14 - Ram 3500

Attachments

• springs 2500 coil.jpg
    springs 2500 coil.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
  • air-suspension 2500.jpg
    air-suspension 2500.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • rear-suspension 3500.jpg
    rear-suspension 3500.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
  • link-coil front 2500.jpg
    link-coil front 2500.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Agreed...
Especially since I hardly ever even drive mine. lol
Between working and being in my patrol car and doing my running around in my TDI, it just sits a lot..

Great looking truck! I've been thinking about trading my LMM in some time early next year. Will definitely give these a look.

Went to discount tire today to get a quote and a couple guys asked if it was lifted already. I guess they do sit a lot higher than previous models.

Read a lot of good about the new toyo at2's. Thinking of some 35/11.5 tires on some black 20x9 fuel hostages with a leveling kit.

For reference stock tires are 33/11/18s, so I'm not going much larger.

Last edited:
Good choice on rims I was going to go with those but in Canada they go for around $600 a rim. They are really nice though. I ended up going with Ultra Gunners which were $200 a rim less.

I really hate seeing all these pictures of the truck, makes me want to ditch my old CR and even the Audi.

Damn you Adam!! Im with the rest of the guys! Seeing this really makes me want one now :hehe:

Good choice on rims I was going to go with those but in Canada they go for around $600 a rim. They are really nice though. I ended up going with Ultra Gunners which were $200 a rim less.

They are a little flashy for my liking. I'm also considering MB wheels TKO in black. They seem a little plain to my eye is all. Leaning toward the Fuel at the moment.

Well, I know what I'm buying next year. :hehe:

You SOB :stab:

I really hate seeing all these pictures of the truck, makes me want to ditch my old CR and even the Audi.

It really is beautiful. There is a fine line between being a douche bragging it's the best thing since sliced bread and showing people how far Dodge has come with their new Rams. I will say it looks and operates 10 times better in real life than the pictures show. Everything is so user friendly. Seems like this is a model that was well thought out for comfort and easy/safe operation while stationary or in motion. The price is sickening to stomach for an ol farm truck.

Short review-

Interior is space age with technology and style. The combination of chrome and wood trim pieces, leather stitching, voice control, bluetooth, nav, etc is probably my favorite about the truck. Although the chrome blinds the sh!t out of a guy on a sunny day. More tint maybe? The two stage "smart" exhaust brake is a big improvement. I dislike the button for it so far. Needs to be easier to access or bigger instead of clustered with tow/haul and heated seat control. Might get used to it though. Sunroof isn't needed, but i'd prefer to have one than not. Electric rear sliding window is just cool in my mind. Heated seats are must for leather. Didn't know what I was missing with the cooled seats. Hasn't been warm enough to really appreciate them yet. Backup camera is something i've been wanting for years. Love it so far as I have poor depth perception. I still use my mirrors out of habit. Tow mirrors suck compared to my GMC mirrors. I'd be a flip up guy if I liked how they looked on the outside.

I had mixed feelings about the stereo system. The GMC has a high dollar system with Alpine touchscreen nav, Focal components, JL amp and subs. So it's hard to compare this 9 speaker amplified alpine setup. There is no way I would do anything to screw up the awesome factory integration. I would love to have a sub that wasn't so "boomy" and crystal clear highs. Maybe down the road i'll come up with a better solution and not have to spend another 5k. If I hadn't heard my gmc this would be awesome. Best factory audio i've heard.

The keyless entry is really slick. I just keep the key fob on my belt loop. When locked the truck senses the key is near and door handle is touch sensitive. All doors magically unlock. Button on outside locks. Push to start button is awesome no matter who you are. Foot on brake, push button, vroom. Foot off brake, push button is same as turning normal key to accessory. Double click on key fob remote start button starts truck and turns on heated or cooled seats, steering wheel heat, defrost, and maybe things i'm not aware of.

I think the front has too much chrome between the grille and bumper and projector lights. I'm weighing my options on paint matching them. I've heard of people roughing up chrome and using special bonding primers that allow painting over chrome. Otherwise i'm not eager to buy paintable bumpers and a grille. Probably $1k a pop plus $200 or so each to shoot. Another thing i'd like to do is buy the "blacktop group" factory projector lights. Got a quote for $430 per light so it might be a while. I like that I can close the tail gate with one finger.

I really like the factory ride height. I'll like it even more with a leveling kits and a little more tire. Looking forward to not having to face death wobble and wandering issues when I get 40,000 miles on it. Just hoping they don't have ball joint and wheel bearing weakness like the older ones. I do know I've never seen such robust steering components. The new front control arms look like they came off an F550 super duty. The rear seems pretty stout as well. Obviously i'm used to leafs. I like them because they are simple and effective. It wouldn't surprise me if the new coil spring and five link had bushings wear out etc. Could be more costly down the road. It is undeniable it surpasses everything in smooth controllable ride quality. Only situation so far I noticed it sucking is on a highway in central Idaho where the road was very rough with washboard asphalt. Stayed planted very well, but I felt every bump. I would have liked a full rear air ride with bags, controllable pressure from cab, and a leveling valve for auto leveling. I couldn't wait any longer for it. Otherwise it glides over everything like my Wildcat at 60mph across creases in the field!

No complaints with the 68rfe. Shifts smooth and firm. Still too early to compare it to the 6spd Allison i'm used to.

I'm glad to have a cummings as a daily driver again. The power is similar to my economy tune dmax, so normal driving hasn't changed. The Ram seems to require much less throttle input to go. Engine pulls very strong on hills and mountains. The dmax would boil the tires off and is hands down more muscle car feel, but it does it like a gas engine at high rpm. I've always loved the ability to operate a cummins like a real diesel at lower rpm. It boosts up and pulls you into the seat. It is very easy to speed in this truck. Cab is sound proof, tires have no noise(could change soon), exhaust is quieter than engine noise. I've looked down several times and found myself going 20mph over on accident. In the future i'd consider adding a 50hp tune to optimize fuel economy and have the little extra we all want. I do want to keep the emissions system stock for the life of the truck though.

It is my opinion, but I think Dodge nailed this truck and it is the finest and most complete package truck ever built by them and the current competition. :woohoo:

Last edited:
Good review!!

I'm sure some of that stuff is very similar to my '12, but much of it sounds a good bit better / nicer...

If I actually used my truck, I might consider a trade up... But just isn't worth taking the hit.

Again Congrats!

It is early on. This model still has the potential to be the biggest headache POS of anything made. I am fearful of the software, computers, technology going bad or giving issues. I guess it's true that people fear what they don't understand.

Thanks David. I'd wait til the next generation comes out to upgrade. I'm sure things like front and rear air ride, side and front impact sensors and cameras, windshield HUD, 25mpg, etc are around the corner and ready to make this look like a 12v.

If you need a place to park it so you don't put miles on it, I guess I can make a spot in my driveway. :hehe:

Mine must be broken already, I've gone 1300 miles and already used half the DEF, not really sure why that is. Good review Adam I agree fully. And no offense to anybody but mine parked next to my buddys '12 makes his look like a 2nd gen by comparison, I have nothing against that but just by comparison you can really see what major changes RAM has made. I'm really looking forward to towing and seeing what it will do fully loaded up hills and hot it will handle.

Mine must be broken already, I've gone 1300 miles and already used half the DEF, not really sure why that is. Good review Adam I agree fully. And no offense to anybody but mine parked next to my buddys '12 makes his look like a 2nd gen by comparison, I have nothing against that but just by comparison you can really see what major changes RAM has made. I'm really looking forward to towing and seeing what it will do fully loaded up hills and hot it will handle.

I've put about 2200 miles on mine and still have over half a tank of DEF.

Back