2014 Laramie 2500

IMG_153175008449322_zps1d8f4c4c.jpg

And a pic of me shooting of course.

20131223_163412_zps41ba31fd.jpg

Truck rides VERY good and smooth. I haven't really got it out on the highway yet. But I'll be headed to Missouri today. The one highway trip I did take. Once the truck gets to 70-75 it gets a pretty bad vibration. Called the dealer and they said put 500-700 miles on it and lets see if it goes away. I have 400 miles on it now and it will have well over 1000 by the weekend so we will know. Overall I love how smooth and how easy to drive it is.

Truck rides VERY good and smooth. I haven't really got it out on the highway yet. But I'll be headed to Missouri today. The one highway trip I did take. Once the truck gets to 70-75 it gets a pretty bad vibration. Called the dealer and they said put 500-700 miles on it and lets see if it goes away. I have 400 miles on it now and it will have well over 1000 by the weekend so we will know. Overall I love how smooth and how easy to drive it is.

I have heard some of the new trucks had tire issues, I believe I read a thread or two on CF about that.

Those are very good looking trucks... Very jealous!

I believe my Dad said when he uses the remote start the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically. Is that true?

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

my 12 does that to....

I wish I could put the 13-14 suspension on mine but I don't think I could handle not being able to mess with it performance wise

Went to discount tire today to get a quote and a couple guys asked if it was lifted already. I guess they do sit a lot higher than previous models.

Read a lot of good about the new toyo at2's. Thinking of some 35/11.5 tires on some black 20x9 fuel hostages with a leveling kit.

For reference stock tires are 33/11/18s, so I'm not going much larger.

I love both sets on my at2's got about 12k on my 35s and they still look pretty new, they are a little noisey then i thought they should be my 33s on my duramax are same way

Ok, thought those were a 3500 only thing.
Based off your pictures, think I like the new granite color.
Received a email saying that my new one is done and in shipment.

Pictures gave it a little brown tint. Real life just a super dark charcoal gray.

has anyone else seen the all black one? i'm talkin black wheels, trims, grill. only thing not black is the windshield and lights! I drive past it twice almost daily heading into the gas patch here and i'm afraid what'll happen if I stop.

What kind of mileage are you seeing so far? I've been a little disappointed that the Ford seems to be crushing them in that department.

I need to stretch it's legs on the highway. Seems to be getting around 17mpg now, but idle 15min twice a day cause it's been so cold.

Short review-
It is my opinion, but I think Dodge nailed this truck and it is the finest and most complete package truck ever built by them and the current competition. :woohoo:

I drove the F 250 and Ram 2500 back to back and agree. I just brought my 14 QCLB Laramie home. By it's design I question how well the radius arm setup transfers power under load, but I also don't plan on a lot of heavy towing in 4wd. The 5 link rear, I fear the same, is going to be vulnerable to wear over time, unless they nailed the bushing hardness first try (entirely possible with R&D from the 1500's). Rear lifts, I'm wondering if we're going to see drop brackets to keep the rear I.C. favorable. I plan on leaving it stock and mostly messing with the 02 in the future.

So far...

Good- Rides smooth, quiet, lots of features, pulls a trailer very nice.

Bad- laggy turd, bad vibration in rear, I have 3500 miles on the truck and have now finished my 3rd full tank of def. Last tank of fuel, which was 100% town driving. I got 230 miles to a tank (8mpg). Truck gets 17 on the highway at it's very best. Run it up to 75-80 you will get about 12 and a bad vibration to go with it.

My opinion- Even for the Highway the 3.42 gears are way to freaking high. A 3.73 is as low as they should go. It will also help with the trans issues. The fuel mileage is a joke and it will likely be the last new dodge or cummins I own if thats how the mileage is going to be without the "legal" options to delete them.

Last edited: