2015 Plans

Personally, work on 60 ft times. I'm cutting a 1.792 @ 87.2 mph on a 1/8 strip and dont know why Im not improving. Any suggestions other than driver, haha

Personally, work on 60 ft times. I'm cutting a 1.792 @ 87.2 mph on a 1/8 strip and dont know why Im not improving. Any suggestions other than driver, haha

Same here. I don't really have any suggestions. I only know what my heap is doing and know what it needs to get better in the 60. You having traction issues? Launching soft? I was swinging mine up at 50 psi at launch. But the bounce just got worse and worse.

60' times will only improve if you can get more power to the ground. We made suspension changes only that got us from 1.65 to 1.50s this year.

Same here. I don't really have any suggestions. I only know what my heap is doing and know what it needs to get better in the 60. You having traction issues? Launching soft? I was swinging mine up at 50 psi at launch. But the bounce just got worse and worse.

Traction is pretty good if I launch hard enough I loss traction but not the problem usually. I'm launching at about 15-18 PSI.

60' times will only improve if you can get more power to the ground. We made suspension changes only that got us from 1.65 to 1.50s this year.

I would be interested in what suspension upgrades you did. I've lowered the front with lowering keys, built the front end with pitman arms, braces, and steering stabilizer. You suggesting running a different shock?

Not the same being ours is a dodge, but the rear is sitting on the bump stops with only 1 leaf and cal-tracs. Front is on 1500 coils. Drag radials and we launch at 30-35psi boost. The truck is a dedicated track truck though.

Seems the harder you can make the rear. The better off you are. Hook and go...

Not the same being ours is a dodge, but the rear is sitting on the bump stops with only 1 leaf and cal-tracs. Front is on 1500 coils. Drag radials and we launch at 30-35psi boost. The truck is a dedicated track truck though.

Still good advice, despite mine sitting in the driveway during the week I still need it to be somewhat a family vehicle when I need it to be. Maybe invest in some drag radials for the rear this winter and just change them out at the track. Thanks for the help.

Thanks!!

2Tone12V spotted in 2015 AirWerks catalog!

YES!!! That made a guy happy for quite a while when I found that out. Nice big pic and it got handed out at SEMA this year. Still waiting for my own copy though. I haven't got to see it yet.

YES!!! That made a guy happy for quite a while when I found that out. Nice big pic and it got handed out at SEMA this year. Still waiting for my own copy though. I haven't got to see it yet.
Grab one at PRI this weekend?

Just the opposite..i thought... A softer back end to plant... Theres no weight transfer with a stiff ass... When i took out 2 leafs and added caltracks. It was night and day.:Cheer:

With a lot if hp you want to stiffen the rear, big hp on a light suspension will cause the bouncy bouncy

Grab one at PRI this weekend?
Yes sir! I'm headed that direction tonight.

Just the opposite..i thought... A softer back end to plant... Theres no weight transfer with a stiff ass... When i took out 2 leafs and added caltracks. It was night and day.:Cheer:

With a lot if hp you want to stiffen the rear, big hp on a light suspension will cause the bouncy bouncy

The rebound is the issue. Can't get control of the leaf springs from springing the truck up hard. Even with a back half truck. The suspension is very stiff on the rear on a 4wd. Now a 2wd may be different. I have no clue.

The rebound is the issue. Can't get control of the leaf springs from springing the truck up hard. Even with a back half truck. The suspension is very stiff on the rear on a 4wd. Now a 2wd may be different. I have no clue.

I was speaking for coils, leaf springs are a waist of time, as you already know :)

cant ya just get double adjustable afco's or another kind.