2016 3.0 turbo rule changes

After that happens, he mentioned looking into a class spec turbo down the road.

Not surprised there at all. I think that has always been on the agenda for the class. I would think we would get the 3x3.35 precision that llp and super farm currently run.

I would have replied to your message, but your PM box is full. Top three in PPL points for 2.6" are HX60's, top five both days at Scheid are HX60's.
Are you aware the top three in PPL 2.6 points are also running a lengthened wheelbase?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
61ca50fca6ddf5a34b9e650a07cd2abb.jpg

What wheelbase limit......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61ca50fca6ddf5a34b9e650a07cd2abb.jpg

What wheelbase limit......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to me like that says factory wheelbase for whatever chasis your running. As in if you scooted your rear axle backwards when you removed oem suspension and welded it in it should be illegal

Some rules will be enforced some will not. That is the way it is in every org. In truck pulling

Sounds like from the meeting at Rudy's its now a 3.0 smooth bore ODL and a 3.6 smooth bore class. Rules should be printed by the end of the months banquet

So what happens when one turbo supplier falls behind again. Will PPL change the rules again in attempt to catch them back up.

Lol really? I think Mears mainly wanted it done for tech purposes.

this is true. the whole purpose of this is to eliminate "grey" area and misinterpretation.. the amount of stupid in this thread is appalling, if these rules are not effecting you directly and your opinion is not influencing the decision of them, go join a fantasy football league or go back to cumminsforum where someone will fuel your unparalleled desire to vocalize being a pansy... i for one am extremely excited for the switch in rules. i believe locally we will have a competitive 3.0 smooth bore class with decent numbers. locally our 3.0 class died. I'd like to see cut tires in the new 3.0 class. i stated that years ago, and will continue to.. to the individual who stated about swapping a harts 3.0 for a current 4.1 gaining 400 ++ hp, this is a fact. seen it on 3 different builds on 3 different dynos. so goodluck to all future competitors and thanks to those enthusiasts in the stands......:ylsuper:

From a spectators view, why not just drop the turbo sizing from the class names? Maybe be a little more in line with the tractor classes, already have super stock (multiple turbos), call the new 3.6 or whatever size they choose, prostock (single turbo). Then maybe something like limited pro stock for the outgoing 2.6 class, and 2.5 to super street, truck version of superfarm. Then the spectators that are used to the nomenclature of the tractors may understand the escalation of the classes?

From a spectators view, why not just drop the turbo sizing from the class names? Maybe be a little more in line with the tractor classes, already have super stock (multiple turbos), call the new 3.6 or whatever size they choose, prostock (single turbo). Then maybe something like limited pro stock for the outgoing 2.6 class, and 2.5 to super street, truck version of superfarm. Then the spectators that are used to the nomenclature of the tractors may understand the escalation of the classes?

Actually our East Coast class will now be called Pro Stock diesel trucks instead of the 3.0 Diesel trucks

I am sure you will see PPL drop the turbo sizes from the names and go to something like Pro-Stock Diesel 4x4.

I can't wait to see the new Pro-Stock guys jump up and run with the Supper Stocks.

Yeah, they'll make plenty of power to be competitive. You here the super stock guys say all the time they are traction limited. They all make more power than they can hook, that's why you see them pedal it out too 100'-150' or so.