24v swap into 99 f350

Can anyone explain how to clockthis hy35? Do I use the giant snap ring on the back of the compressor housing? Big gold v band type ring on the exhaust side? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 0
What needs to move? The v band will move the bearing housing and compressor and the snap ring will move just the compressor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You will have to use both clamps then.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Guess I need to find me a big pair of snap ring pliers. Also I may be able to pick up an s366, It's a .96 ar exhaust housing and a 66mm compressor wheel. I just put in 7x.009 injectors, have a 4" exhaust, Ford equivalent to the BHAF. Would it be a worth while upgrade if I can get it at the right price?

Last edited:
For those particular snap rings, I've used angle nosed needle nosed pliers and carefully ground the tips to fit the snap ring holes.
DON'T grind off the "traction grooves" on the insides of the tips, they actually make it better.

It's ghetto, but they served me well for a long time.

Mark.

Guess I need to find me a big pair of snap ring pliers. Also I may be able to pick up an s366, It's a .96 ar exhaust housing and a 66mm compressor wheel. I just put in 7x.009 injectors, have a 4" exhaust, Ford equivalent to the BHAF. Would it be a worth while upgrade if I can get it at the right price?
66 would be pretty big for that, I'd suggest an he351 for all around drivability. The hy is barely good enough on a stock engine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mark Nixon- I'll give that a try, thank you

I was thinking it would be a bit big for my setup now but thought I would ask. I really don't like the idea of running this hy but it's what I got for now, at least until the truck is done and running.

I agree the HE351, or even a HX35 will be better than what you have. With bigger injectors I'm betting it will want to get hot if you tow much.

I agree the HE351, or even a HX35 will be better than what you have. With bigger injectors I'm betting it will want to get hot if you tow much.

Yeah the engine originally came out of an automatic 2500. I originally had budgeted to get a new turbo but then the funds had to be put else where. So now I just want to make sure everything is going to work well together

Which HE351 do you guys recommend? I've found a couple different versions of it.

Does anyone who has used an nv4500 or the equivalent have pictures of the transmission mount they used? I got mine all ready to bolt into today and was getting ready to drill the holes for the bolts that pass through the crossmember and mine looks to be off center and closer to the passenger side of the truck. Not sure if the attached picture helps any.

Attachments

• IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what worries are suppose to be jumped for the automatic to manual swap? I thought I had it booked marked but apparently not.

Alright so I've finally got the point of trying to get the truck started and it wont start. I've cranked the batteries dead twice and cant get it to fire off. Any tips for getting it running?

Do you have fuel coming from the VP to the injectors? Did you wire in the OBD2 connector? If so, have you checked for codes? Does your lift pump run? Did you put the power for the VP on relays or?

Do you have fuel coming from the VP to the injectors? Did you wire in the OBD2 connector? If so, have you checked for codes? Does your lift pump run? Did you put the power for the VP on relays or?

I am assuming I have fuel at the injectors since the fitting are wet on the lines that I cracked. DCS did all the wiring portion for the conversion and it does have a data part in the harness but I can't get my reader to connect to the ECM. I'm running a FASS so there's no lift pump, it's hooked straight to my VP.

Back