2wd gods answer my prayers..

Diesel Inside

Ok so I am getting my truck ready to make a debut pass with the quad. By the time I get to the track I am going to be ridded of the horrid tq mgmt and will have a lock up switch.

I plan to be on street tires so no water for me and plan to leave at about 1200 rpm and lock the converter as soon as it shifts to second hoping it doesnt spin too bad. Does this sound about right for a clean pass?

you will have to play with a lot for sure... drive around water, do a quick spin of the tires to clean them off... airing them down will help.. launch sounds ok, but as soon as the quad kicks in you will spin, also locking as it shifts into second will most likely spin.. try playing with it, you may find that locking at top of second will do better, it takes passes to see what it likes..

Most tracks spray VHT in the staging area between the burnout box and the starting line. Do a good burnout in that area and see if you can pick up some of the sticky VHT in your tires, this will help a lot with traction.

Take air down to 20-30 psi range. I'd try 30 psi first pass and go down from there if you need more traction.

With just a Quad, you'll probably only run mid 14's to mid 15's depending on the launch. If you have injectors, I could see you clicking off low 14's with a good 60' time.... nothing to write home about.

Yeah this is about the same as my gameplan. I think if I can get a low 2 sec 60' it would run a high 14. It ran a 16.20 with just a superchips and no lock up switch. I really would be excited if it would click of a 14.70 but I guess I need to just shutup and do it. I have been busy trying to get my other hotrod in the 7.50s (1/8)

Thanks for the instruction manual.. Lol

Granted my dually is a little different since it working with 4 tires in the back I do almost exactly what rivera said and get 2.1 60fts if i leave at the right amount of boost and that is with bone stock suspension. I haven't ran it with all the new changes ive made to the engine so who knows if that still works.

I hope you do well, but I've never had a good pass with street tires. I've heard of other guys doing it, but i'm too heavy footed. Also qcsb 2wd's are so front heavy and difficult to get weight transfer.

^this... Cheap steel wheels and a set of cheater slicks at least. Easy to swap at the track

I air my tires down to about 22 psi (Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo tires), and still have to walk it out of the hole. There is just no weight transfer with a crew cab dually!

My best pass in my Junker 2wd on street tires is 13.20 @ 114 MPH. There was a torn interstage boot so it built up peak boost much slower and didn't get above 50 psi till overdrive. It didn't spin so it probably could have hooked a little more power. The next time I go to "street legal" night, I hope to see 12's with the 285 Wrangler MTR's with "Kevlar Reinforced Sidewall Technology"...... the kevlar really helps keep down the sidewall punctures at the track!