2wd Traction on street tires

your going to run a 25" tire? Your going to need some gearing changes...

sticker,375x360.u1.png

No, something like that in a 31-32" would be awesome, but I can't seem to find something of that nature in this size.

Thats what I am getting at. I have been looking for months and so far M&H is the only one who has anything close.

Shut your hole Cliff! bif

Thats what I am getting at. I have been looking for months and so far M&H is the only one who has anything close.

That's crapity.

In the end here I have that option for 4x4. So keeping the sidewall small and side to side flex minimal is a bonus. Maybe some emails are in order to these companies.

Yea Jason, I know what you mean about finding a good looking and good performing combo for 2wd diesels. It's hard to do. I've been wanting to get some 20's again with proxes or 420's.

They do have NT421Q
Not in a 305 yet, but in a 275 with a 2800# load capacity

*275/55R20 117V

Looks like it's a 150mph tire too

My issue is that with a shorter 28" tire, and same gearing, you'll probably still spin like a mo-fo. Not to mention the terrible mileage.

My issue is that with a shorter 28" tire, and same gearing, you'll probably still spin like a mo-fo. Not to mention the terrible mileage.

The moment one of these original axles have issues. 3.42's are going in for me. I bet that'll be a perfect street setup

I borrowed a set of small tires from Brad Ponci to run at Fortuna several years ago. Driving there was sort of comical being passed by everyone with my speedo on 75mph. Truck liked the launch more though.

There doesn't seem to be a good solution for people not wanting to run a 20" wheel.

my 2wd has 28" tall tires on it now.. even with 3.21 gears im going across the line around 3150rpm @ 117mph.. im going to the 31x13.50 tires that will drop that to around 2950rpm and more importantly going from the 275 or 9" wide tire to the 12" contact patch with a taller tire is going to help me build boost on the line.. right now on a good starting line i can leave with about 6psi and run 11.90 with the best of 1.84 sixty foot.. at 3-4 i can only run 12.2x with a 2.teen sixty..

I have been throwing around a few ideas lately for my 2wd to help with traction with out going to a 4 link. Already did a spring under to help control axle wrap as well as looking into the geometry affects of doing an adjustable radius arm to control squat better than just a Caltrac setup.

My plans were to go to a single leaf with 2 link ladder bars and add coil overs keeping the stock frame if I decided to move towards the SS class.

Go the other way...13.5 or 15.5 in 33 or 35 inch at....lower the air a tad.

mickey atz or toyo at puts a lot of rubber down.