30+ mpg again

Hamiliton cams got back to me. they are working on a max MPG cam that should be done in up coming months. im excited now!

Hamiliton cams got back to me. they are working on a max MPG cam that should be done in up coming months. im excited now!

I thought that was what the 181/210 was for...I could be wrong.

thats what i thought too, i even asked if thats what i should run but he came back saying they are coming out with a new cam that is designed just for max mpg. i just need a cam that is designed on run between 1400- 2K rpms

Kool beans.

I'm still waiting to see what my bigger Diesel Pros cam will do. If I get around to a 4bt build for my '56, I want a Hamilton Cam...prefferably one for milage. Good to know he's got something new in the works.

after the fuel cell the new wieght is 5690 w/o me. i picked up a dana 70 also so that will be going in the next couple weeks.

heres a few pics

Attachments

• 0415111352.jpg
    0415111352.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0415111351.jpg
    0415111351.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0415111351a.jpg
    0415111351a.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0415111351b.jpg
    0415111351b.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
people love pics

i got my new sport mirrors installed
0418111832a.jpg

0418111832.jpg

The fuel cell is coming out, well lets say it came out (while i was doing 65 mph on an interstate):bang The frame is getting chopped next week and it should be a club cab short bed in about 2 weeks but im goig to run a stock tank.

i was merging on to 895 by-pass to get onto rt97 and when i hit the bridge joints the jarring of the truck snapped the tabs that were welded to the tank. I heard a thud then the sound of metal on asphalt. looked in the mirror and saw a trail of fuel, got out and the tank had fallen and hit the road, cracking the side welds. I un-hooked the fuel lines and put the tank on it's side in the bed. luckly a buddy im stationed with came along and we went back to my house and got my ford and trailer.

funny thing is my girlfriend last night was telling me to put the stock tank back in after i lost prime when is sloshed around. LOL. so now im just going to look for a short bed tank since im cutting the frame down any ways.

Did you have it mounted on rubber bushings? Jeep guys have the same problem when they switch over to a fuel cell due to the constant vibration that you experience while off-roading. Alot of people use rubber swaybar bushings on either side of the fuel cell mounting bolts as an easy solution.

Last edited: